NEW HERE!! I don't know which product line to choose!!!

atemeus_itali

Hello everyone!

So, I'm new and I'm loving each and every second of LHCF! I found LHCF after finding Macherieamour's site after wanting to grow some hair! The information here is incredible and it's wonderful seeing everyone's journey and all of the support!

Well, I obviously want to grow so gorgeous, thick, healthy, long hair but I have no idea which product line I should try. Before I really started taking care of my hair (pre 8/25/07), I had Pantene Pro-V Relaxed and Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner and Mizani Rose H20 moisturizer and I've been using that while trying to figure out which new products to use.

I'm almost out and I can't decide.:nono: I'm interested in Keracare products based on the experiences of Macherie and other LHCF members, but I keep reading about other lines and I don't know what to choose!

About my hair: 4b relaxed; 1-2x/wk I prepoo/wash/cond/deep cond/rollerset/saran wrap and/or cond wash & air dry;use aphoghee protein once every 6 weeks; try my best to moisturize ends at least once/day (using unrefined shea butter); wrap or crosswrap w/satin scarf at night; my hair/scalp used to be really dry but after a month of all this it's not so dry anymore; I'm currently 7 week posts trying my best to go 10 weeks before a retouch

I just thought I would share my agony:wallbash: (adding a little drama) and accept any wonderful advice! THANKS!:drunk:

ItsyBitsy

Hey :wave: Welcome to the board! I'm in STL too. My 2 favorite lines are Kenra & Aveda. Of course I have several other lines I use too:rolleyes:
Clutch your pearls & pocketbook...welcome to the world of a pj :spinning::drunk:

mscocoface

Well welcome aboard and enjoy the journey because that is definitely what it is. I am not sure what I would recommend because you know your hair better than anyone else.

I would say look at some of the products you were using did they work for you then try the hair product line of one of the ones you were using. Get the small sizes first then try them because this journey could empty your bank account faster that you can say LHCF!!!!!:lachen:

Whatever you try give it time to work and remember consistency is a major factor. My motto is make a plan then work the plan. Best wishes to you on this healthy long hair care journey.

atemeus_itali

Whatever you try give it time to work and remember consistency is a major factor. My motto is make a plan then work the plan. Best wishes to you on this healthy long hair care journey.

Thanks! I'm wondering how long do most people try a product if they don't think it's "working"?

**WonderWoman**

I understand how you feel. Here's my 2cents. If your hair is damaged, you really dont want to go experimenting. Just stick to what has been proven to work! Keracare is a really good line. I dont know anyone whose hair has been jacked by it (i cld be wrong). Plus you know that line has done Macherie right:yep:. So start with that for a while, then you can experiment if you still want to.

silverlotus

Welcome! Unfortunately, finding the right products is a trial & error process. What works for one person's hair may not work for yours. It also isn't necessary to stick to just one product line.

Your regimen looks solid, though. The only thing I would suggest is using a water-based moisturizer, and then maybe you can seal it with a little shea butter or some oil. The shea butter alone probably isn't providing your hair with adequate moisture.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Welcome! :D

I use different products from different lines. If I would make any recommendation, Keracare is a consistently good and well-priced line. But I tend to mix-n-match from just trying stuff out. My staples are:
  • Cream of Nature detangling conditioning shampoo (green or red label)
  • Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo (used about once a month)
  • Keracare Humecto conditioner in the tub
  • Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pack for a mild protein and reconstructor
  • Bed Head Ego Boost Split End Mender
  • Salerm21 Leave-in
  • S-Curl as my daily moisturizer
I have other products I change up with and some special treatments oils etc., but the above are my staples, and are from different lines. Good luck! :)