New Testament in 40 Days

janiebaby

I was reading an older thread I participated in http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ch...le-cover-cover-90-days-challenge-join-me.html and I've been wanting to get back into reading the Bible with a particular focus. I have tried reading the Bible with friends over the phone and it wasn't really working for me because I need to be able to read alone to really understand the Word.

I would like to read the New Testament and I found a reading plan online that I'd like to follow. Anyone can join at their own leisure and post their progress as a motivation to themselves or others. Praise God I'm going to do this regardless.

New Testament Challenge
40 Days
1. Matthew 1-7
2. Matthew 8-12
3. Matthew 13-18
4. Matthew 19-24
5. Matthew 25-28
6. Mark 1-4
7. Mark 5-8
8. Mark 9-12
9. Mark 13-16
10. Luke 1-3
11. Luke 4-7
12. Luke 8-11
13. Luke 12-16
14. Luke 17-21
15. Luke 22-24
16. John 1-5
17. John 6-10
18. John 11-16
19. John 17-21
20. Acts 1-6
21. Acts 7-10
22. Acts 11-16
23. Acts 17-22
24. Acts 23-28
25. Romans 1-8
26. Romans 9-16
27. 1 Corinthians 1-9
28. 1 Corinthians 10-16
29. 2 Corinthians 1-13
30. Galatians – Ephesians
31. Philippians – Colossians
32. 1-2 Thessalonians
33. 1 -2 Timothy
34. Titus – Philemon
35. Hebrews 1-10
36. Hebrews 11-13 & James
37. 1- 2 Peter
38. 1 John – 3 John
39. Revelation 1-11
40. Revelation 12-22

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Sounds like a plan. Is there an official start date? I'm going to begin on 1-1-11 and post my progress daily. I figure if I have to post my daily progress, I'll be forced to read. Okay Eva, you read Harry Potter in 2 days...you can do this!

janiebaby

Sounds like a plan. Is there an official start date? I'm going to begin on 1-1-11 and post my progress daily. I figure if I have to post my daily progress, I'll be forced to read. Okay Eva, you read Harry Potter in 2 days...you can do this!

There isn't a start date attached the start date is whenever you feel led to start is whenever you will be the most likely to continue.

janiebaby

Praise God I just finished reading Matthew 1-7! I may go back and re-read this tomorrow night before proceeding to Matthew 8-12. I suspect I may do this alot in the New Testament. All I could say while reading the first set of chapters was wow it was like reading everything for the first time. I can definitely see where I've been lacking. I may start a notebook and jot down things from time to time as well.

Prayin4FullWL2012

But it's always like that with the Good Book. You can read the same book over and over again and always see something new, and its because God shows us things at different times. This is a beautiful challenge. And I also like the way you set up the chapters. I would join but I start classes soon, this semester I'm taking 4 classes, so I will be doing it also but from the sideline. Happy Reading ladies.

janiebaby

Praise God, read 13-18 yesterday night! The more I read the more I'm almost certain that I'm going to need more time to contemplate everything.

PinkPebbles

I have read up to Matt. 10 and my soul has been enriched!

This past Christmas season I've been enlightened on the wise men. For the first time I heard the background and the history on the wise men.

I was amazed and in awe how God strategically planned things out. And He does it every day.

I know 2011 has been planned out for me long ago :grin:.

Also, some scriptures stood out that blessed me.

Matt 5:6
6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Each day God is filling me up.

Matt 8:6-10,13

6And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.

7And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.

10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

13And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.

This verse - but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed is so powerful. The centurion's servant was not in Jesus presence but Jesus was able to speak a word, one word and the servant was healed.

God's word is so powerful and it has the ability and power to change my life for the better.:yep:

Last edited:

makeupgirl

I'm up to Matt 7. I read as much as I can until I get sleepy. I'm looking forward to tonight's studying.

paradise79

Yeahhhh, I'm in!!!
Started this night and it always like the 1st time, how exciting is the Word!!! and yes PP powerful! it took my sleep away and I absolutely love night prayers; it's much more intense, as I'm concerned. Thanks for sharing OP, and thanks ladies for feeding this thread

janiebaby

But it's always like that with the Good Book. You can read the same book over and over again and always see something new, and its because God shows us things at different times. This is a beautiful challenge. And I also like the way you set up the chapters. I would join but I start classes soon, this semester I'm taking 4 classes, so I will be doing it also but from the sideline. Happy Reading ladies.

I found the chapter break down from a website online. I just googled it.

I have read up to Matt. 10 and my soul has been enriched!

:yep:I have been in such awe since I've started reading. I feel like I want to write everything down.

Yeahhhh, I'm in!!!
Started this night and it always like the 1st time, how exciting is the Word!!! and yes PP powerful! it took my sleep away and I absolutely love night prayers; it's much more intense, as I'm concerned. Thanks for sharing OP, and thanks ladies for feeding this thread

What does PP stand for?

PinkPebbles

I found the chapter break down from a website online. I just googled it.

:yep:I have been in such awe since I've started reading. I feel like I want to write everything down.

What does PP stand for?

Right! I have a notebook. I highlight a lot in my bible but after awhile the whole book will be highlighted :lol:

Paradise79 calls me PP, short for PinkPebbles...LOL!

PinkPebbles

Last night Matthew 13 really ministered to me!

It reminded me to stay focus this year, be careful of distractions, worldly desires, etc.

Matthew 13:4-9
The parable of the sower

3And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Jesus explains the parable
Matt.13:18-23

19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

paradise79

@ PP (shimmie's Pink Lady :yep:, how sweet!), that's one of my fav in the Bible. I love this part and it speaks a lot. there is so much in it. it's a life guide, for ever :yep:

janiebaby

I don't know if I had a dream about what I've been reading in the book of Matthew or if it's just something that's been on my mind. It may be one or the other or a combination of both....I'll create a new thread for it.

janiebaby

Praise God, I completed the Book of Matthew a few days ago. It really caused me to examine quite a few things.

paradise79

I enjoyed the Book of Luke and just finished it yesterday :woohoo2:. this is a great challenge, thanks for starting it janiebaby.I'm starting John today and I look forward reading the following books....it's just the daily food for my soul and I love it :lick:
Thanks Lord for your Holy Spirit tha flows in our heart, may your Word guide our actions and thoughts, and change our hearts in Jesus' name. that's the prayer I always do before reading the Bible.

Last edited:

paradise79

Still reading here.....and feeding myself with the Word. Praying and reading the Bible has tremendously help in taking some decisions, guiding me.No matter the subject, the answer is in there and the Holy Spirit is the guide, the one who leads to the relating part in the Bible and can change one's heart through the prayer.

paradise79

still reading and feeding my soul.....hey hoooo, is there somebody who is still reading? I feel kind of alone on this challenge :blush: but will hang in here:yep::yep:
Seriously, I do hope reading the Bible everyday will change somebody else's life like it's actually working with me.

paradise79

Thanks OP for this challenge....I'm still on and still enjoying it. I love the book of hebrews...It's so eye-opening!!!glory be your Holy Name, father.