The Promises of God

blazingthru

Please add yours.

I realize that as I learn to memorize and study out the promises of God my faith is stronger. I am prepared to give an answer, I am not struggling as much as I was before. Today the messages was living out the promises of God and not leaning on our own understanding. God has promised a place it is being prepared for us with him all we have to do is lean on him, trust in him, obey him. He will deliver us. We show our gratitude by doing things that please him and trusting him with our very lives. I encourage anyone to add a promise of God here if you so choose to be blessing to others. I got this from a website but i am currently making it my mission to memorize all the promises of God.

The Scriptural promises are words from God, sent to give comfort to those who seek to live as God leads them to live. They weren't given an expiration date, nor are they just for the pious few.
Here are some of the promises the Bible tells us are for those who put their trust in God :
  1. Christ accepts us : Revelation 3:20; John 6:37
  2. God gives eternal life : John 5:24; John 10:28
  3. God forgives us : 1 John 1:7-9; Isaiah 1:18
  4. God is faithful to us : Joshua 1:9; Isaiah 41:10
  5. God comforts us : Psalm 23
  6. Christ is always with us : Matthew 28:20; Hebrews 13:5,6
  7. God protects us from harm : Psalm 91; Psalm 121
  8. God gives us courage : Hebrews 13:5,6; Ephesians 6:10-18
  9. God gives us wisdom : James 1:5
  10. God gives us the strength to refuse temptation : 1 Corinthians 10:6-13; James 1:12-16
  11. God answers prayer : John 15:7
  12. God gives peace of mind : Philippians 4:6,7
  13. God guides us : Psalm 32:8,9 --- --- (thanx to Carol Semmelman)
  14. God relieves us from suffering : 2 Corinthians 12:8-10
  15. God gives us rest : Matthew 11:28,29

Chrissy811

The one that is literally keeping me functioning in this season of my life

He's working it out for my good-Romans 8:28

blazingthru

Exodus 14 - 14 The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”There are over 3,000.00 promises of God. I figure while I have the time remaining I will try and learn them all.

God said he would fight for you and you do not have to do nothing but stay still.

I heard there might actually be 7,000.00 hmm.

Last edited:

blazingthru

Every Word of God proves true, He defends all who come to him for protection. Proverbs 30:5

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praises. proverbs 31:30

Do not fear anything except the Lord, Almighty. He alone is the Holy One, if you fear him, you need fear nothing else Isaiah 8:13

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you. Whose thoughts are fixed on you. Isaiah 26: 3

blazingthru

This is a good word. Have you found a book or website detailing the 3000 promises? I would love to study them.
I went on amazon and found a book called all the promises in the bible. I wanted it to say all the promises of God. There are some for everyday living and so forth I might purchase one. But for now I am just going through my bible. I have the promise bible I did not know how important it was until recently. I had this bible for many years now. well since alteast 1999

blazingthru

Jesus Is Your: Forgiveness

Ephesians 1:6-7
To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Psalm 85:2
Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people, thou hast covered all their sin, Selah.

II Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Psalm 103:2-4
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities: who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Psalm 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

I John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

I John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 8:12
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Isaiah 55:7
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him: and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Colossians 3:13
Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

Mark 11:25
And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh; hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Jeremiah 33:8
And I will cleanse them from all their iniquity, whereby they have sinned against me; and I will pardon all their iniquities whereby they have sinned, and whereby they have transgressed against me.

Isaiah 1:18
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 43:25
I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Psalm 32:1-2
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Matthew 6:14-15
For if ye forgive men their tresspasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luke 6:37
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemened: Fogive and ye shall be forgiven:

blazingthru

The Lord is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him Lamentations 3:25

The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! by his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Lamentations 3:22

Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day Lamentations 3:23

blazingthru

Faith in the Son of God:
For every child of God defeats this evil world by trusting in Christ to give the victory. And the ones who win this battle against the world are the ones who believe that Jesus is the Son of God 1 John 5:4,5

blazingthru

Obedience

Why is Obedience important to my spiritual life?

Deuteronomy 11:26-28
Today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today. You will receive a curse if you reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn from his way by worshiping foreign gods.
The Right thing to do is always the smart thing to do. God’s commandments are not burdensome obligations but pathways to joyful, meaningful; satisfying lives. God’s call for obedience is based on his own commitment to our well-being.

Exodus 19:5 If you will obey me and keep my covenant, you will be my own special treasure from among all the nations of the earth: for all the earth belongs to me.

Deuteronomy 7:9 Understand therefore, that the Lord your God is indeed God. He is the faithful God who keeps his covenant for a thousand generations and constantly loves those who love him and obey his commands.

Jeremiah 7:23 This is what I told them: “Obey me, and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Only do as I say, and all will be well!”

John 14:15-16, 21-24 “if you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor, who will never leave you… Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them.” Judas (not Judas Iscariot, but the other disciple with that name) said to him. Lord, why are you going to reveal yourself only to us and not to the world at large?” Jesus replied, “All those who love me will do what I say, My Father will love them, and we will come to them and live with them. Any one who doesn’t love me will not do what I say. And remember, my words are not my own. This message is from the Father who sent me. /I]
Obedience is the visible expression of our love. Obedience to God is an intrinsic element of our covenant relationship with him. Sin is not about breaking the law but breaking God’s heart.
What does God Promise to those who obey?
Psalms 1:1-3
1 Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. 2 But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night.3 They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither, and they prosper in all they do.Obedience paves the way for fruitfulness, when we obey, we have a clear conscience and uninterrupted fellowship with the Lord. We honor other people and stay out of conflict. We give our energies to things that last and do not waste time in unprofitable ways.

Psalm 84:11 (New Living Translation)
11 For the LORD God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The LORD will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.
How will the Lord help me to obey?

Philippians 2:12-13
12 Dear friends, you always followed my instructions when I was with you. And now that I am away, it is even more important. Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. 13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.Where God requires us, God empowers us, God guides us in the ways that are best for us, and he gives us the power to live according to those ways.
John 14:15-17
15 “If you love me, obey[a] my commandments. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. 17 He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you.[c]
The power that God gives us is his own Holy Spirit, our Counselor. He comes along side us to advise us, and actually live and work through us. Even as the breath we breathe empowers our physical bodies, so the Holy Spirit empowers our spiritual lives.
James 1:25
25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
God’s word sets us free from bondage to sin so that we can obey the Lord.

blazingthru

Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.

Psalms 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

Hebrews 13:20-21
Now may the God of peace who brought up our Lord Jesus from the dead, that great Shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, make you complete in every good work to do His will, working in you what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Romans 15:13
Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yes, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

divya

Beautiful thread!

Isaiah 65:24 -And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

Psalm 121:7-8 - The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Revelation 21:3-5 - And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

Highly Favored8

Hebrews 11:1 What is Faith? It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see!

Romans 8:28-And we know that God Causes everything to work together* for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

Pslams 37:25-26 Once I was young, and now I am old.
Yet I have NEVER seen the godly forsaken, nor seen their childern begging for bread.
The godly always give generous loans to others, and their childern are a blessing.

Wonderful Thread.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Great post!

I'm alwasy comforted by God' promise to never leave me nor forsake me.

"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Heb 13:5

blazingthru

there is no excitement like the excitement of hearing God's promises. I want to shout Amen at work but they are already looking at me crazy for lifting up my hands as I read theses promises. Thank you so much for adding on I love them.

blazingthru

Wisdom:
Proverbs 9:10 (New King James Version)
10 “ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom,
And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

Psalm 111:10 (New King James Version)
10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom;
A good understanding have all those who do His commandments. His praise endures forever.

Proverbs 3:21-26 (New King James Version)
21 My son, let them not depart from your eyes—
Keep sound wisdom and discretion;
22 So they will be life to your soul
And grace to your neck.
23 Then you will walk safely in your way,
And your foot will not stumble.
24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid;
Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.
25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror,
Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes;
26 For the LORD will be your confidence,
And will keep your foot from being caught.

Proverbs 9:11-12 (New Living Translation)

11 Wisdom will multiply your days
and add years to your life.
12 If you become wise, you will be the one to benefit.
If you scorn wisdom, you will be the one to suffer.

Wisdom is not simply knowing facts and figures: It is understanding that an all powerful, all-knowing God has designed a moral universe with consequence for our good and evil choices, Wisdom begins with understanding our accountability to and our full dependence on our Creator. Its not what we know, but who we know.

Wisdom produces honor in our lives and protects us from trouble. Wise People know the difference between right and wrong and choose to do what’s right. More than that, wisdom is choosing to apply God’s truth, and principles to our daily relationships and situation.