New to the Forum - HELP!

crimsonelegance

I just joined the forum today and really would like to get some suggestions from those of you who have been successful in growing your hair out and stopping breakage. I have been natural for about 4 years, but my hair is still thin, shedding, and very thin around the edges. I have worn weaves, wigs, ponytails. Recently, I got a dye-job - not healthy, but I needed to cover the gray and needed a change.

I have spent so, so much money on hair products - natural and not so natural. Please give me some tips. I joined today just so I could take advantage of your advice.

Peace!

Crimson

Anacaona

Hi Crimson and WELCOME!!!
:dance7::dance7::dance7:

Are you fully natural or do you still have relaxed ends?
I'm sure the experts will chime in, but are you doing any moisturizing or protein treatments on your hair?

Ms_CoCo37

Welcome Crimson!:welcome:

You've definitely come to the right place. Let us know what your current regimen is, whether you're using protein treatments, taking vitamin supplements, eating habits, etc.

Also, what's your stress level? Stress is a major factor when it comes to breakage (especially around the nape and temple area). I had this issue myself a few years back.

Looking forward to hearing from you.:yep:

Prettypsych

Sistaslick's articles are awesome. They helped me immensely. I'll pull them up. Also, get a Cathy Howse book (vol 1 or 2)- they're virtually the same. She has good basics. Also, growafrohairlong.com was helpful to me too.

Will be back.