New to the forum

tmkersha

Hi everyone. My name is Tierra and I am new to the Long hair Care forum. I just wanted to introduce myself. I have joined this community to seek information and advice from everyone about growing and maintaining healthy hair. I have very thick 4b hair and It is past shoulder length (I will post pictures of it later). I struggle with my having dry ends and I have been working on finding ways to preserve them. If you have hair similar to my hair type please comment about your hair regimen. I look forward to being a part of this forum.

In addition to this I have recently decided to start a blog for myself to keep track of my hair progress. I am inviting everyone to subscribe.

You can follow this link to go to my blog. http://tierrasjourney.blogspot.com/Thanks.

God Bless everyone.

Charlie555

:hiya:

Welcome to the party!​

What do you use to moisturize your ends? Are you protective styling to keep them from brushing your clothes?

transitioning?

Welcome! I have dry hair too but haven't found my miracle solution yet.

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

tmkersha

:hiya:

Welcome to the party!​

What do you use to moisturize your ends? Are you protective styling to keep them from brushing your clothes?
I have been doing more protected styles lately after reading a lot about it. I've been keeping my hair in twists and bagging the ends at night. It seems to be working so far. I have been moisturizing with water everyday by spritzing it. I've also been experimenting with making my own leave in because I have yet to find something that works well on my hair straight off the shelf.

bride91501

Hey Tierra and WELCOME!

I'm a 4ber too, and what works best for my ends is to hide them. Not just PS, or M&S, but literally tuck and hide them away for weeks at a time. This is the easiest way for me to keep them healthy.

Now, I do this by way of wearing cornrows under wigs for up to 4 weeks at a time, but any PS that allows you to tuck away your ends would work.

Also, I try to stay away from products or practices that are generally drying to the hair, like shampooing. This could also help to improve the overall health of your hair, especially your dry ends. I currently only shampoo once/month (although I co-wash twice/week), and I ALWAYS use Chicoro's super-moisturizing pre-poo beforehand.

HTH

Last edited:

darlingdiva

Welcome aboard!:yep:

You may have high porosity. You can do an apple cider vinegar rinse or use Roux Porosity Control Corrector and Conditioner to see if that helps anything.

tmkersha

Here is my hair flat ironed.

BlaqBella

Welcome to the forums! I have mostly 4b hair and recently found out that my ends don't have to be that way (just like the rest of my hair isn't). Well what wound up working for me is using ceramide rich oils and conditioners Consistently. And since ceramides help proteins bond to the strand better (*i think*) yeah that's what i read here. I started using a hard protein recently and my ends only felt better when I was relaxed. My ends are no longer dry and crispy (because they hold moisture & protein better now). Hope that wasn't too confusing....
ETA: and steaming helped my hair tremendously..........:blush:

Are you natural/relaxed/texlaxed?(sorry if you've already mentioned this)

Last edited:

tmkersha

Welcome to the forums! I have mostly 4b hair and recently found out that my ends don't have to be that way (just like the rest of my hair isn't). Well what wound up working for me is using ceramide rich oils and conditioners Consistently. And since ceramides help proteins bond to the strand better (*i think*) yeah that's what i read here. I started using a hard protein recently and my ends only felt better when I was relaxed. My ends are no longer dry and crispy (because they hold moisture & protein better now). Hope that wasn't too confusing....

Are you natural/relaxed/texlaxed?(sorry if you've already mentioned this)
Much appreciated. I have natural 4b hair.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Welcome to the forums Tierra :) There is a wealth of info here :yep: Enjoy your stay and happy hair growing!

Lita

LHCF is very informative...

*Remember its trail & error/So dont get discourage (We are here to support each other)

Happy Hair Growing!