New to the Forum

denital

I am new to this forum and am now in the process of trying to use no heat on my hair. I have a few questions. I do not have a relaxer and have been getting my hair blowed dried and flat ironed every two weeks. How do I manage my hair with no heat and keep it straight? Also what are some of the products that I should use to begin this process to continue to grow my hair out?

ms_kenesha

If I were you I would try to do rollersets, braidouts, bantu knot set, and airdrying in a ponytail. You can do a search on any of these methods and find a good number of posts about them.

I'll let someone else make product rec's.

But WELCOME

Irresistible

[ QUOTE ]
denital said:
I am new to this forum and am now in the process of trying to use no heat on my hair. I have a few questions. I do not have a relaxer and have been getting my hair blowed dried and flat ironed every two weeks. How do I manage my hair with no heat and keep it straight? Also what are some of the products that I should use to begin this process to continue to grow my hair out?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know if thats possible.... i mean no heat and still wearing it straight...the methods mentioned might help though....like the rollerset (i havent tried that yet cause im just not convinced it will actually work on natural hair like i would want it to) and also drying while pulled in a pony tail might help some....but i think its best to learn how to wear your hair in its natural state and manage it in that state...its more realistic i think. welcome to the board. it of course will take time to learn , but you can do it...every two weeks flat ironing is way too much heat , so its good that your trying to stop

JetBlack

Peace & Love
I guess your natural hair texture will determine how successful you can be not using heat and obtaining a straight style. Using the right products can definitely help you. I've been hearing a lot of positive information about Dominican products such as Salerm and Alter Ego. Use the search feature to find posts regarding these products. Good luck! JetBlack