Hair Damage control new to forum

ani823

Hello everyone my name is Arlene and I am new to the forum, my bestest girl put me on and I am happy with what I am reading from the rest of the crew on the forum. My problem is that after having long hair all my life, it was so damaged and unhealthy I had to cut it all over in April of this year. I thought my hair would at least be at neck length by now but no can do. In addition I am seeing the same nasty split ends that eventually inspired me to cut my hair to begin with. I am taking vitamins, went from a Dominican beauty salon to a well known black establishment back to the Dominican's. HELP WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??????????:perplexed I just want my nice long past shoulder length hair back. Can you girls help me out and give me the power tools I need to have healthy hair in my mid 30's.

PS. Looking forward to hearing from all of you.
A:grin:

mscocoface

What exactly is your regimen at home?

Are you relaxed or natural?

How many times a month are you going to the hair salon?

Do you use heat, ie blow dryers, hot curlers, flat irons each week, if so how many days a week?

Just to let you know hair grows at an average rate of 1/3 to 1/2 inch a month so in a years time you should have gained somewhere around 6 inches. There are those who have slower growth patterns or faster growth patterns.

Let us know and I am sure the ladies will chime in.

In the meantime, welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.

almondjoi85

I wanna know your hair stats too.... after you post that I'm sure you will get tons of replies! The ladies here are great!

Brownie518

:wavey: Welcome to the Board!!! Once you give up your details, don't worry, you will have more advice than you reckoned on :yep:!!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Welcome!!! :welcome:

Have some fun here and learn more about healthy hair habits.

Let's here more about your regimen, hair characteristics, and goals. :kiss:

ani823

:grin:Hello ladies thank you so much for replying and I am so sorry it took me this long technical difficulties got in the way.

What exactly is your regimen at home? At home I don't do much in a regimine as far as washing once a week and conditioning sometimes I just leave conditioner in my hair and call it a day

Are you relaxed or natural? My hair is newly relaxed I was off of the relaxer for about 5 years but decided on a short cut and got a relaxer I think that is the damaging part. because now I am back to nasty split ends and I trim my hair myself but the split is going up the shaft I am not sure if I should cut it off and start over again

How many times a month are you going to the hair salon? At least twice a month I was going to an African American salon but cost was too high, went back to the Dominicans and started noticing the horrible split ends again. Now I am in purgatory I don't know what to do or where to go or even how to give my hair a break.

Do you use heat, ie blow dryers, hot curlers, flat irons each week, if so how many days a week? I initially use hair dryers then have my hair blown straight, this week I went to a stylist that used flat irons and hard spray now my hair is popping off. I can actually see the breakage when I look at my hair.

I believe my hair grows about 1/3 an inch a month, but honestly I have seen no growth ladies. My hair is so dry that you can look at it and tell it is in dire need of help. I got some Motions intense conditioner and protein treatment conditioners, In addition I am drinking water like crazy to see if its a within problem.
Basically I need HELP, PLEASE HELP ME. :wallbash:

Evazhair

:welcome4:

I am sure you will find the right help here. I don't feel qualified to advise you, but don't dismay there are plenty here who are!