New Wet n Wavy Weave Hair from Outre and Sensationnel...anyone tried?

glamazon386

I don't see wet n wavy on the website. :confused: Can you post a picture?

ETA: I think if you really want to buy Indian hair you should get it directly from a vendor over there. Brands over here are advertising that hair as Indian hair but it's been processed and it's going to behave the same way as virgin indian hair. They also mark up the price over here.

Suerte

Here ya go...

I think the page is in javascript or flash or somethin... so the link goes to the hair selection.

glamazon386

Suerte said:
Here ya go...

I think the page is in javascript or flash or somethin... so the link goes to the hair selection.

Personally, I try to steer clear of BSS curly hairs unless all my hair is going to be covered. They matt, tangle and become fuzzy after a few washes. If I do wear one, it's usually in a short style and I might wear it for a month tops. If you plan on washing frequently, it might be a waste of $$. I bought the new Sensationnel Indian hair (the hair in my avatar) for my bday and had to take it out in 2 weeks bc it looked a HAM.

To be honest, none of those look like wet and wavy to me. They look phony. But a lot of times on the ads, the models don't make the hair look too great. It might look great in person. I would suggest checking it out in the store so you can make sure you like it (I didn't know if you planned on ordering it off the internet or not). Also because of the tight curl patterns in some of those hairs, it's going to be hard to blend it with your hair so I would suggest getting all your hair covered if you choose to go with any of the curly ones. The straighter ones should be okay. HTH...

Suerte

Yeah I was just looking...BSS brands are throwaway hair anyways.

But I was looking for some hair that will do okay for a week of salt, sand and sun.

It's probably gonna be a net weave, so no hair will be out.

You're a weave expert...right?

Tell me how to stop those last 2 rows of a weave from turning into shag carpeting? It seems no matter what kind of hair I get...that happens.

(BTW - I have the 2 strand twists with my own hair. They're a week old. I think I can get one more week out of them MAX. My cousin did them, so they didn't cost me anything other than babysitting...but I don't think I'd pay for them since they don't last).

glamazon386

Suerte said:
Yeah I was just looking...BSS brands are throwaway hair anyways.

But I was looking for some hair that will do okay for a week of salt, sand and sun.

It's probably gonna be a net weave, so no hair will be out.

You're a weave expert...right?

Tell me how to stop those last 2 rows of a weave from turning into shag carpeting? It seems no matter what kind of hair I get...that happens.

(BTW - I have the 2 strand twists with my own hair. They're a week old. I think I can get one more week out of them MAX. My cousin did them, so they didn't cost me anything other than babysitting...but I don't think I'd pay for them since they don't last).

If you're only going to wear it for a week or so, you should be good. I would suggest getting some Wet N Wavy mousse to put on the curls to keep them intact. When it's wet don't rough it up with the towel. And don't brush it! It'll make the curls come apart and get fuzzy. Just kind of finger comb it. HTH...

About the last two rows, it happens to me too. I just try and detangle it once a week or so with a paddle brush. I find that it doesn't happen with the tighter curled hair as much compared to straight or wavy hairs. Maybe because it's individual curls? I'm not really sure.

glamazon386

gorgeoushair said:
Bmore
What kind of BSS hair have you used?

As far as curly hair goes? Or just straight hair? It depends on the style. Now that I'm natural I get all of my hair covered up so what kind of hair I buy doesn't really matter. I don't have to worry about it blending with my hair. I wear synthetic half wigs most of the time though.

glamazon386

gorgeoushair said:
Curly/wavy

I generally don't use BSS curly and wavy hair. Definitely not the wavy. The only curly hair I use from the bss is if I want a short curly spiral hair do. I used glance model model (synthetic) and dreamweaver (human) hair in 8 inches. I spent no more than 12.99 a pack for the hair and wore it for about a month.