NEW: Winter Bun Challenge (Dec 2009- Mar 2010)

Diva_Esq

WE DID IT LADIES!!! I AM PERSONALLY PROUD I COMPLETED MY FIRST LHCF CHALLENGE! SUCCESSFULLY! :D

I am going to DC my hair and flat iron today so I can check progress.

Diva_Esq

Ladies: Here are my pics...My hair thickened more than anything else. My ends look great and my layers grew out.

Starting pic:

Ending pic:

I think it's time to BC! :) It was fun ladies...thanks!

Diva_Esq

WHAT!!! For reals? I can't wait!:grin:

:hiya: wavez.... I had an appointment set for June 1st. Got impatient. Moved it up to April 24th. Getting impatient again. Fighting the urge to move it forward again b/c I am trying to get a few weeks of weight loss under my belt. We are doing a Biggest Loser challenge at my law firm and I want to slim my face some before cutting. Double chin is NOT the business! :nono::lachen:

Taleah2009

:hiya: wavez.... I had an appointment set for June 1st. Got impatient. Moved it up to April 24th. Getting impatient again. Fighting the urge to move it forward again b/c I am trying to get a few weeks of weight loss under my belt. We are doing a Biggest Loser challenge at my law firm and I want to slim my face some before cutting. Double chin is NOT the business! :nono::lachen:

I cant wait to see your results!!! I have been following your transition. My date was set for April, I think I will push it back to June though. We are moving in opposite directions. lol

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict

OK - just want to make sure I didn't miss something! LOL

Diva_Esq

I cant wait to see your results!!! I have been following your transition. My date was set for April, I think I will push it back to June though. We are moving in opposite directions. lol

LOL! We're both heading toward healthy, natural hair, so it's ok! :D

OK - just want to make sure I didn't miss something! LOL

Girl, please! As much as I bug and stalk you!!!! You're my 1st contact on LHCF when I chop! Tempted to go this weekend being that my hair didn't grow a lot with this challenge. I was hoping it'd grow SUPER long and then I'd say "nah" to the chop! :sad: Oh well...

pinkchocolatedaisy

My hair grew a LOT...I think I retained pretty well. I wore a wng the other day (sorry, I didn't take any pics) and I was getting so annoyed with my hair :rolleyes::lachen: that I couldn't wait to go home cowash and bun. I'm still bunning lol. I think I may just keep this up thru summer or who knows?

thanks ladies, this was a great challenge and actually one of the 1st I've stuck with! :grin:

:blush: Sorry Ladies I forgot to post! I am making some progress, I bunned weekdays, cowashed 2-3 times weekly. Used MN and megatek. I had about 1 and 1/2 inches of growth. (I had thinned and dusted due to breakage from lupus) Thin areas are slowly filling in.

Attachments

• IMG00383-20100331-2026.jpg
    IMG00383-20100331-2026.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 8

panamoni

Hi Ladies,
Did a length check last night. Think I retained pretty well (until I ripped my hair out with the comb detangling...). I'll post a pic soon. I've decided to go into a weave (my first one) for a while, and then I'll definitely be back to bunning, because this has been a great way to grow and retain hair for me. I think I'm going to reach my APL goal in a few months, and I'm so excited. Thanks for all of your support.

Qurlyqt

I'm sooooooo late... Thanks OP for starting this challenge!

I did "just okay" in this challenge but I have absolutely NO complaints. I achieved my goal, which was to make it to the mole/beauty mark on my back! :woot:

During those short 3 months, I did more braidouts and experimenting than I planned, trimmed/dusted twice, switched HG products, etc. but here is my progress pic as a result of the challenge.

ladysaraii

Hey! I've been bunning, and while I have noticed length, I need to find my ruler shirt to check how much it is.

I'm continuing w/ the bunning

mizzy247

Thanks!! Its actually one I made myself. I just took some bulk, silky textured hair, braided it, put a claw clip in the top loop. I use that claw clip to attach it to my head. I wrap the tail around and secure with a bobby pin or other small clip.

Wow the hair looked great.. You should do a tutorial, it could really be helpful to myself and alot of ladies..:grin: