NEW: Winter Bun Challenge (Dec 2009- Mar 2010)

pinkchocolatedaisy

Back to bunning! I took a break lol and wore a twist & curl. I'd been bunning nearly exclusively (eith maybe 2 or 3 passes period) so I wanted to do something different. I forgot how time consuming twists were so I'm baaaack LOL.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Back to bunning! I took a break lol and wore a twist & curl. I'd been bunning nearly exclusively (eith maybe 2 or 3 passes period) so I wanted to do something different. I forgot how time consuming twists were so I'm baaaack LOL.

I love your hair toy and that big ole bun! Your color is pretty too.

Bigghair

I'm still bunning and haven't taken a pass yet! I really like it. I might wear a puff one day this week since it is warming up. My ends feel really soft.... The bun might be the new puff for me! Lol!

Mimi22

I took a pass and wore my hair in a braidout. Nice to have a change! I've gotten so many compliments! :blush:

Qurlyqt

I took a week-long hiatus from the challenge because A) I needed to practice some braidouts/twistouts/puffs for a photo shoot and B) I needed a trim. My hair was tangly and I can't deal with that. :nono: In the end, I did NOT like my hair in the photo shoot and regretted not pulling it into a bun. :ohwell: (Only wanted it loose because my last family portraits it was in a bun and I wanted something different.) My "trim" didn't really pacify me and I think I'm just itching for a professional cut. :perplexed

All that to say, my commitment to this challenge was just sub-par but I still think I'm going to reach my goal (a mole marker on my back). :blush: Go figure! I think I'm going to continue my own personal bunning challenge so I can easily achieve BSL (or beyond) by June, as long as I steer clear of the professional cut. :rolleyes:

Bigghair

^^ me too! This has been really easy for me and my ends feel softer. Tomorrow will be the first day I wear my hair in a puff since December! It is warming up now so I might use some of my passes this month.

testimony777

I took an unintended pass this week. I ran out of my hair gel and the salon that I purchase it from was out of stock so I ended up wearing a wash-n-go followed by two days of a loose curly pony. It was actually nice to have my hair down. The weather has been nice so I wasn't too concerned about the cold. It will be back to the bun tomorrow.

My hair has grown a lot and it was really nice to see that the new length is evident even when I wear it curly. The bulk of my wash-n-go is just above APL with the longest part of the V right at APL. I feel really hopeful that by the end of the year my hair will be full APL unstretched.

panamoni

We've got two more weeks! I'm doing a length check the first week of April. Can't wait to see all of your pics.

panamoni

Two more weeks? :shocked: I thought this challenge ends on the first day of Spring, which is March 20th?

Woops, you're right. For some reason I thought it went through the end of March. I'll still be posting around the first week of April -- that's when I'm due for my next relaxer. So, I'll keep bunning til then (heck I may just do it all year).

Mimi22

Did a length check - a healthy APL! No frizzy, split or damaged ends :grin:
My mom couldnt believe how much its grown....and all I could do was cheezeeee!

Still bunning this week! Bring on BSL!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
My newest hair toy:

BoaterGirlKim

When I started this challenge, my bun was comprised of strands barely peeking beyond my thumb-and-forefinger fist. Now it's a curved little 2-inch bunny tail. I'm going to post Dec/March progress pics with my hair combed wet to all sides - front, sides and back - at the end of this month when I relax before my Cancun spring break trip. I hope my pics portray the progress! I'm continuing on with the Spring 10 Bun Challenge thru June. Six years ago when I had SL hair (I'm currently inching past ear length to neck length), "wet bunning" was my work-week style. I have always worked out a lot so wetting/washing my hair kept it feeling clean. I "cowashed" too, in fact, mostly for fear shampoo would be overdoing it - another technique I didn't know had a name LOL. Wet bunning is da truf!

testimony777

Just posting my end of challenge update. I made great progress and I plan to keep bunning till June.

The first pic is my starting pic the second and third show my progress and how far I am from WL respectively.

Happy Hair Growing Ladies :grin:.

Attachments

• Starting pic 1.jpg
    Starting pic 1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Growth Shot 1.jpg
    Growth Shot 1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Distance to Waist 2.jpg
    Distance to Waist 2.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 28

SunnyHoney

WE DID IT!!!

Well, the end is almost here for this challenge. The first day of spring is tomorrow, and since I'll probably be too busy to post then, I thought I'd pop on today and say:

Thank you to all of you who endured this challenge with me. Congratulations to all of you who had gained length, healthy ends, and/or any other happy results. :grin:

As for me, my ends feel great and I've gotten some noticeable growth.

I will continue to bun about 5 days a week. As my transition to natural progresses, I've moved from dry bunning to wet bunning more often.

I don't plan to join/start another challenge because, to be honest, it's more of a challenge NOT to bun than it is to bun! Finding something else to do with my hair now takes too much time/energy. The bun is my thang! No, it's not always cute...hell, it's not always even neat :nono:, and yes, my husband may be getting REALLY tired of seeing it, but it works for me!

I'll bun till summer, then maybe get braids. I will be doing a personal no heat challenge for whole spring....any takers? :poke:

Well, again, thanks for the camaraderie, and HHG!!!!

:blowkiss:

merilusmims

Its over Its over
But it was a great lesson for me ive been able to keep my stretches up due to this bunning and will continue to do so

Bye!!!!

NJoy

Here I grow again!
WE DID IT!!!

Well, the end is almost here for this challenge. The first day of spring is tomorrow, and since I'll probably be too busy to post then, I thought I'd pop on today and say:

Thank you to all of you who endured this challenge with me. Congratulations to all of you who had gained length, healthy ends, and/or any other happy results. :grin:

As for me, my ends feel great and I've gotten some noticeable growth.

I will continue to bun about 5 days a week. As my transition to natural progresses, I've moved from dry bunning to wet bunning more often.

I don't plan to join/start another challenge because, to be honest, it's more of a challenge NOT to bun than it is to bun! Finding something else to do with my hair now takes too much time/energy. The bun is my thang! No, it's not always cute...hell, it's not always even neat :nono:, and yes, my husband may be getting REALLY tired of seeing it, but it works for me!

I'll bun till summer, then maybe get braids. I will be doing a personal no heat challenge for whole spring....any takers? :poke:

Well, again, thanks for the camaraderie, and HHG!!!!

:blowkiss:

I just joined a No Heat challenge. Can't remember who started it. Was that you? Also, I'm continuing to bun (wet) in the Spring challenge. My ends loved it. My ending pic is in my siggy, taken on the 19th.

Congrats to everyone!

SunnyHoney

Ooh, thanks, Njoy, that's no heat challenge is right on time. Nope, I didn't start it, but I might go ahead and join that one today. BTW, beautiful siggy pics!

I just joined a No Heat challenge. Can't remember who started it. Was that you? Also, I'm continuing to bun (wet) in the Spring challenge. My ends loved it. My ending pic is in my siggy, taken on the 19th.

Congrats to everyone!