NEW: Winter Bun Challenge (Dec 2009- Mar 2010)

Mz.MoMo5235

i have a love hate relationship with shrinkage. i love it because i love big volumous hair!!!
and you need shrinkage for big hair. but then i hate it cause it can be discouraging sometimes not seeing your true length outside of the shower lol

chelleypie810

i have officially given up on wearing my hair down on the wknds. bunning/ponytailing until my hair grows out. *** this. lol

chelleypie810

Still bunning -- rocking the high bun. Haven't taken this one down since Saturday...

how are you able to leave it up for so long???!!! my hair looks a mess after a night of sleeping and stuff.-oops wrong bunning challenge

Last edited:
I would like to bun but my hair is (im not sure wut length to consider it as. Can someone give me their input?) and i'm not sure wut kind of bun it can fit into and still look cute. Does anyone have any pics or advice?

Fhrizzball

A southern tease bun or donut bun works best on shorter hair I find. Or even doing two buns instead of one helps.

Diva_Esq

@ wavezncurlz- THAT BUN IN YOUR SIGGY IS THE BIZZZZNIZZZZ! :) Me likie!

Hey y'all! I'm still bunning away! I wanted to post a few recent buns:

Happy Bunning, ladies!

merilusmims

Here is my bun for today its about 2 days old
Ive retained so much length from this challenge had a relaxer two weeks ago and didnt even need a trim

Attachments

• DSCF8681.jpg
    DSCF8681.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF8684.jpg
    DSCF8684.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF8692.jpg
    DSCF8692.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 17

Mz.MoMo5235

everyones buns are so pretty... i run around with the same ole dookie bun day in and day out lol with out a care. i'm so lazy lol

SunnyHoney

Kudos to all who have hung in thus far!

Congrats to all who have reached a new length goal!

And thanks to all who have shared updates/pics/ideas!

It's hard to believe we only have 18 more days...

I've been bunning steadily, (using my passes more often than I planned,) but my ends look good. Can't really tell if I've gained any length because I don't track so well, and since I'm transitioning I've got some shrinkage.

I think I'm going to continue thru spring and see what I can accomplish by summer.:yep:

Diva_Esq

Still bunning! Had a one day pass for a braidout this weekend, but back to the bun! Happy b/c my wavy/ curlies are clear back to my ponytail holder now! :yay:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
@ wavezncurlz- THAT BUN IN YOUR SIGGY IS THE BIZZZZNIZZZZ! :) Me likie!

Hey y'all! I'm still bunning away! I wanted to post a few recent buns:

I'm SO loving this hair toy and the one in wavezncurlz siggy. Where'd ya get 'em, ladies. I need toys too. :lick:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
So I am thinking that I'll do my next straightening for Easter which will be in the beginning of April. I think I've gained some length but I'm hoping my ends are ok and I don't have to trim too much. My ends are so fragile - even with bunning.....:(

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Kudos to all who have hung in thus far!

Congrats to all who have reached a new length goal!

And thanks to all who have shared updates/pics/ideas!

It's hard to believe we only have 18 more days...

I've been bunning steadily, (using my passes more often than I planned,) but my ends look good. Can't really tell if I've gained any length because I don't track so well, and since I'm transitioning I've got some shrinkage.

I think I'm going to continue thru spring and see what I can accomplish by summer.:yep:
I will continue through spring and summer. I will be wet bunning it.

Still bunning! Had a one day pass for a braidout this weekend, but back to the bun! Happy b/c my wavy/ curlies are clear back to my ponytail holder now! :yay:
I can not wait until my new growth or wavy/curlies as you call them are all the way back to my my ponytail holder.

Mimi22

Still here! Still Bunning!

I'm going to do a proper length check next week saturday :) Hopefully by then I'll have good progress!

happy hair growing ladies!

Diva_Esq

I'm SO loving this hair toy and the one in wavezncurlz siggy. Where'd ya get 'em, ladies. I need toys too. :lick:

I got that one from a seller named quecraft on etsy.com.

So I am thinking that I'll do my next straightening for Easter which will be in the beginning of April. I think I've gained some length but I'm hoping my ends are ok and I don't have to trim too much. My ends are so fragile - even with bunning.....:(

Ooooooh! Can't wait to see! I hope your ends are ok. Why do you think they're so fragile?

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I got that one from a seller named quecraft on etsy.com.

Ooooooh! Can't wait to see! I hope your ends are ok. Why do you think they're so fragile?

I have no idea. Maybe it's in my mind. I like absolutely perfect ends and when they aren't, I trim. I hate see thru ends. That's prob why I'm stuck at MBL. I won't let it just go.