New Years Challenge Check #3

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
Just another checkin-- due to the lack of interest do you guys want to keep doing the bi weekly check ins?

Well I have decided on a course of action on how to take care of my hair. I have 3 packages coming of new hair products so I am interested to see the results. I accidently did a conditioner wash on monday and I have falling back in love with them.

How is everyone else doing?

shelli4018

I'm still in. Right now I'm toying with the idea of growing my relaxer out. So I'm experimenting with products that soften my new growth. So far I'm having great luck with the Kemi Shea Butter Pomade or Carols Daughter HHB for my edges. I'm also doing a modified baggie technique. I leave it on overnight then put my hair in a bun in the morning. My hair is so much softer now. See the only reason I used heat was to smooth my hair down. I think I've successfully found a way to do it with light products instead.

Still don't have the protein condioning down yet. I know Tracy had a great thread about this recently. I'll need to look it up again as my hair was rather crunchy last time I did this.

Oh! I'm seeing growth too. I used to have a puny ponytail. It's alot fuller now. Even though things are working well I'm wondering if I should oil my ends more often. I don't really do anything special to them besides the baggie technique.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Everything is going well here. I have tons of new growth and I expect to be close to shoulder length by the beginning of the year.

Cres81

Things are going ok here! I have been washing my hair about once a week because I have been busy and I am letting it air dry about 85% then I am blowdrying the length a little. I have been using my Caruso rollers to create curls and volume. I think I will go back to rinsing my hair more frequently because I got good results!

luvhair

Beauty and Fashion Junkie
silvergirl-- we are challenging ourselves to grow as much as we can by new years by taking extra care of our hair. every 2 weeks there is a thread for each of us to check in.

Soulchild-- i got the Kenra moisture emollient treatment, nutrine odorless garlic shampoo, graham webb relaing stick, hennalucent, silk scrunchies, and a new silk scarf