New Year's Cut!

P

patient1

My biggest challenge in this hair growing business is not being so scissor happy. I've given myself three deep trims in the past few weeks. Last night I just started snipping away. I'm down to 2/3 of the length I had last week.

I'm putting in braids and calling it dangon day.

Anyone else doing/did a deep trim/cut prior to the new year?

p1

Proudpiscean

I'm thinking about it. I'm 5.5 months post and figure it is time for a good trim!
ETA: Especially since I'll be starting the C&G method for the New Year ;)

RainbowCurls

Hmm... I get a bit scissor happy when I can see unevenness, but as I rarely straighten my hair now I don't see it any more :D

I had a trim last month so that'll do me for now.

P

patient1

I didn't have any unevenness BEFORE the trim. I was twisting and then trimming off an inch or two. It got late and I just started grabbing and cutting. I was at my mom's house so I wasn't even using the proper shears.

I haven't gotten started good, but I'll be fully braided before the sun rises. I guess I'll be doing my P1 Braid Regimen for the year. I'm mixing up a batch of moisture spritz and a big bottle of oil blend. I'm just gonna keep it braided and keep my hands and scissors out of my hair.

p1

P

patient1

RainbowCurls said:
Maybe you need to get all your family members to keep scissors away from you too ;)

For real though. I always inspect the cut hair and I hate it when I don't see any damage. A product I used (Organics Leave-in Hair Mayo) didn't agree with my hair and it was Scissor Time! I should've listened to my mom. She was like, Use one of your homemade deep treatments first before you cut.

Once she went to sleep I was hunting down the scissors.:perplexed

p1

bluedaisy

I can't wait for my BC in Jan!! I'm planning on cutting off 2 inches after being in braid for 5 months. So I'll be where I was prior to braids except healthier(I hope) !!! :)

krissyprissy

I have not had a trim since Oct. I plan to start the New Year off with a nice professional trim. I have a Korean lady that trims my hair at Fantastic Sams.

P

patient1

krissyprissy said:
I have not had a trim since Oct. I plan to start the New Year off with a nice professional trim. I have a Korean lady that trims my hair at Fantastic Sams.

Your ends look good to me given your siggy!!

p1

P

patient1

bluedaisy said:
I can't wait for my BC in Jan!! I'm planning on cutting off 2 inches after being in braid for 5 months. So I'll be where I was prior to braids except healthier(I hope) !!! :)

Oooh! Congrats on your impending bc! Did you take any breaks during that 5 months or did you just touch up the perimeter? I've never gone longer than 1.5 months but I want to go longer this year to buy myself some time for other parts of my life.

p1

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I had a big trim back in September because my hair was much longer on one side and I couldn't take it anymore. I think it's grown back and then some but it still looks uneven :(. I'm so scared to straighten it for this reason. If I look in the mirror and see that one long side I'm gonna cry.

P

patient1

Pokahontas said:
I had a big trim back in September because my hair was much longer on one side and I couldn't take it anymore. I think it's grown back and then some but it still looks uneven :(. I'm so scared to straighten it for this reason. If I look in the mirror and see that one long side I'm gonna cry.

Ahh, don't cry! I know it doesn't matter how we see it if it's bothering you, but your hair's looking good in your pics. I like it when hair grows tapered into a V. As long as you don't trim straight across bluntly, it should be fine.

p1

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
patient1 said:
Ahh, don't cry! I know it doesn't matter how we see it if it's bothering you, but your hair's looking good in your pics. I like it when hair grows tapered into a V. As long as you don't trim straight across bluntly, it should be fine.

p1
Thanks for your encouragement patient. It really does bother me a lot though but I have vowed not to even it up again. I loose too much length. I'm gonna try what Chicoro does and see if the shorter side catches up later *praying*.

bluedaisy

patient1 said:
Oooh! Congrats on your impending bc! Did you take any breaks during that 5 months or did you just touch up the perimeter? I've never gone longer than 1.5 months but I want to go longer this year to buy myself some time for other parts of my life.

p1

Thanks! I braided twice with 2 weeks of wearing a hat in between braids.

gymfreak336

I got a GOOD trim today. I got about 1 -1.5 inches cut of but it looks sooo much better. My thin spots are almost gone. I didn't loose too much length either. She blew me out really straight so with what I gained I might have lost maybe .25-.50 an inch. Not enough to really cry about. I am starting the new year off with fresh even ends.