When was your last professional trim?

G

I know that a lot of us here (including myself) are afraid of scissor happy stylists interpreting a trim as a sho'nuff' cut! That's why I'm so anal about being very strict w/them when I go, having an instructional w/them before they even pick up the scissors. To be honest they do a better job than I could ever do hunting and snipping, and it keeps my hair in a nice 'shape'.Last time I went was right after 7/4. I'm thinking about going in the next 2 weeks, the beginning of 9/2003. I am just curious to see when your last professional trim was?

May this year.

I followed up and did my own in June, but ended up doing more damage than good. Sure, I got rid of the leftover splits.... but my hair is now uneven in the back.
whyme.gif
laugh.gif

Caramela,
It was in April of this year. I did cut about 1/2 inch myself in June, but my hair has not need much maintainence. I had to tell my stylist to lay off and she hesitantly agreed.

My last trim was June 28 (about 1.25 inches). I'm getting another trim next week, August 28th (.25 inches b/c I don't see any splits at all...). After this trim, I don't plan on trimming for 4 months b/c I'm not getting as many split ends as before since I wear my hair up.

The last official professional trim was this past January. But about 4 weeks ago I had my boyfriend blunt cut my ends in the back and it was the most "professional" trim I'd ever gotten, EVER.

Mine was about 4 years ago. Not because of sissor happy stylists but because I went to school. I'm pretty good at it. I actually trim alot of folks at school's hair. I'm real particular and only cut what's needed so I guess that's why so many people ask me. That and I'm free!
laugh.gif

I was just thinking the same thing. I don't have a lot of split ends, but I do want the back to have a little more shape and movement since I don't have a specific goal length in mind. I think approx. every 4 months would be enough for me, so I'll probably try to do it when the seasons change: Sept. 23, Dec. 22, March 21, and June 21.

I want to be able to go in an give myself a pampering treat without needing a sedative afterwards. I can do my own hair fine, but I would like the option of not having to if I so choose.

My last trim was Mid-June. My stylists really does just trim. Thank God! I've been there with Scissor Happy Stylists and its a relief to finally have a stylists who understands a trim.

This is going to sound real pathetic but it was like 2 years ago. And she cut off a lot of my hair. Deep down inside, I knew it was needed but I was still to the point of tears
frown.gif
. I got an unprofessional trim last Friday. I let my boyfriend do it because I knew that he had my best interest at heart and I wouldnt have to worry about him taking off too much or too little. It was easy for him because the splits were quite obvious. He actually did a nice job. For some reason, less hair comes out when I comb now that those scraggly end are gone. I have to admit that I do miss my length as busted as it looked....dry anyways. Keeping my hair in wet buns allowed me to ignore the damaged state of my ends. But like I said in another post, Im trying to rid myself of the thinking that I should hold on to my busted ends for the sake of keeping long hair, which wont stay long anyway if the ends are split. Im trying to build up the courage to go to a professional but she or he needs to understand that I am growing my hair long and dont want someone trimming my hair so often taking off so much that I never see growth. Sorry this was so long and all over the place
smile.gif

My last trim was done at my last touch-up six weeks ago. My stylist tries to trim at every touch-up but I stretch it out to every other one. She takes off less than 1/4 inch but she does such a great job (it takes her about 20 minutes) and I love the way my hair looks and feels after a trim.

mine was on Saturday but the one before that was mid-march. I MAY go one more time in December. But I ONLY go twice a year as a rule. Every other touch up. I get 4 touch ups per year or so - so it's breaks down to a trim every six months or so.

Until I spaced them this way I BARELY saw any growth. Your hair grows VERY quickly though. You could probably stand to do them once every 2, 3, or 4 months....

March 21 - had a professional dust, she didn't think I really needed a trim. June 21 - 1 inch, I cut my own hair.

Hmmm....I think it was last summer. I dust most of the time but I think it will be time to have a trim before the year is out. I think I will let my husband do a blunt one because he will listen to my instructions and I feel better that way. Still in search of a stylist who listens no matter how much she feels it may be needed.
whyme.gif

My last trim was August 2nd. I discovered my stylist charges trims as a seperate servicewhen getting even a simple wash/style - highway robbery to me, so now I go in and pay a few bucks for a trim and and leave. At first I felt like I was looking cheap but then I told her, "hey, it can't be any more petty than charging "a la cart" prices!" And I threw my hat on made my next trim for 6 weeks later, and bounced up outta there.

She just looked at me and shook her head laughing because she knew I was right!

That's a good one, p.
smile.gif

I'm in the mood for a nice trim now, a professional one. I seem to mess myself up when I do them.
nono.gif

My last one was July 11th. I get one every time I go for my touch-up, which is every 3 months. My stylist/friend and I have an understanding and she knows how much to trim, normally no more than 1/2". Plus, since I get them regularly, and take great care of my hair at home, my hair stays healthy and I see the great progress I'm making.

My last professional trim was at my last touchup (May 1) and my next one will be tomorrow (I'm getting my touchup). It's been 16 weeks so the trim is much needed!!
smile.gif
I hate straggly ends...
barf.gif

Karonica, go 'head and get that trim girl. For some reason, a good trim makes my hair appear longer - but maybe because it's healthier looking. I use to trim my hair myself too but could only do it all one length... meaning going straight across. I messed up when my hair started breaking from tight pinups so when I got my corrective cut, my stylist cut layers since I wouldn't let her cut all the breakage off at once. This allowed me to keep some length. Now it's past where it was before it was cut and it still has layers. The breakage is non-existent now but I like the layers so I think I'll keep them.

The good thing about it is that I don't really have to make an appointment, I just hang around the shop a few minutes until someone gets under a dryer or something and I slide in.

This maybe a dumb question but why do you need trims? What exactly tells you you need them. I have no split ends and my hair is evenly layered. So do I need one?

That's not dumb at all. I hesitate to tell you if or how you know you need a trim. With me, my ends get scraggly and don't look fresh and even when I need a trim. My stylists tries to "catch" them before they start splitting.

Actually, you could say she dusts them sort of like a preventative maintenance and even whey my hair is straight it looks so neat because of the trim. That's just me and my 4a/b hair, yours may be different.

Back