Newbie Transitioner: Confused on my Natural Hair Type

TPayne75

Hello Ladies,

When I first joined back in March I had asked if anyone can help me figure out what my natural hair type is. I only had maybe less than an inch of new growth at that time which wasn't helpful. Since then I've decided to go NATURAL!!!!:drunk: I've been relaxing my hair for at least 20 yrs. Before I decided to grow out my perm I was loving the waviness of my new growth. This made me curious to see what the true texture of my hair is like after all these years.:yep: It's been 4 months since my last relaxer and I have almost 3 inches of new growth. From what I've been reading I'm not sure what category my hair type fits into.:nono:
I don't know if I'm a 2 B or C? or would I be in the 3 range? My natural hair is rather wavy and raises away from my scalp. :eek2:
I definately can see the "S" pattern. At this time I'm fighting to stop the extreme frizzies around the front of my head! I'm going to post a few pics to my album so you gals can see my hair. Please Help!

PS any advise on how to control the frizzies would be greatly appreciated :yep:

robot.

You won't know your natural texture until you cut. The weight of the relaxed hair can stretch the new growth, making it seems wavier/looser than it really is.

Trust, my NG was waves too, until I chopped. :lol:

ETA: From your fotki, you might be a 4A. But I'm no expert.

Junebug D

Won't know until you chop. But if it's growing away from your scalp, that's probably not type 2! :grin:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I can't tell from the pics, but I think all textures are gorgeous. So I'm telling U that your texture is type gorgeous.:lachen: