Newly Celibate Boyfriend--

ellennicole

My bf basically wants to develop a deeper relationship with God and has decided he wants to be celibate. I totally respect his decision and would like to develop a closer relationship with God as well. I think this will be good for our relationship as well. Any advice on how to transition.. I know this sounds crazy but it's all very new and different.

Last edited:
Ellennicole, it is terrific that you both are going to be celibate. Since you are looking for a closer relationship with God just start studying and reading your Bible. Maybe you two could study together?? Maybe at your church you could join a Bible study on your own. Sometimes there are other women who would be more than happy to help you with your walk.:)

ellennicole said:
My bf basically wants to develop a deeper relationship with God and has decided he wants to be celibate. I totally respect his decision and would like to develop a closer relationship with God as well. I think this will be good for our relationship as well. Any advice on how to transition.. I know this sounds crazy but it's all very new and different.
Spirtiutal transition - Read word as suggested and increase pray life and add fasting and prayer to your lifestyle this gives unbelieveable power over your flesh. Try to attend activities at Church to build up spiritual life style and singleness. Your intimate or prayer life is the absolute key to a successful Christian relationship.

Physcial tranisition - Do not trust yourself but trust God for you. Do not put yourself in situation with him that will comprise yours or his relationship with God. Since you both know what it feels like to be together sexually do not test yourself. Attend activities with others around; attend single conferences and read Christian single materials. When you are alone with for bible study prayer first for God to be in between the both of you but I would caution you not to have Bible sessions alone or anything else unless you can handle the pressure. Do not test yourself use common sense and be true to yourself and God will bless you and his sock off. So grateful God is moving on people to withdrawl from fornication and become in tune with Him the divine order and blessing always follow great blessing!!!
It may not be easy in the beginning but be patient.

Back