UPDATE: My boyfriend has decided to be celibate with me!

EbonyEyes

Hi guys!

I posted a thread a couple weeks ago saying that I decided to become celibate and my boyfriend and I broke up because of it: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=58079

Well....He told me yesterday that he wants to get back together and be celibate with me!

He told me that he's been praying about our situation. He said that it got to the point where he felt uncomfortable being in church. He said that he felt wierd being in the house of the Lord when he intentionally wanted to commit the sin of fornication and broke up with me because I wanted a closer relationship with God.

Now he said this and not me, and I paraphrase: "I know Christians aren't supposed to be perfect but how can I get closer to God while purposefully committing a sin over and over again when God is clear that it is wrong and I know that it's wrong?"

I was shocked!!!

So we're back together and he says that he will try to be strong for me just in case I become weak and he hopes I can be strong for him.

I am so happy right now! I prayed for him and he came around!

Hopefully, one day he would like to start studying the Bible with me! My parents study God's word almost daily together and they are really close. But baby steps...

Thanks ladies for your prayers and support!

Ebony

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
:yay: THAT'S WONDERFUL!!! :clap: May God bless you two during your abstinence from sexual activity!!! :woot:

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
This is wonderful news. You cant change a man but God certainly can!! Thanx for the update. :)

Sweet C

Thanks for the update Ebony. I'm so happy for you and your man's decision to walk in commitment with God first and then each other. You see what happens when you are obedient to God's Word. You reap Godly results. :yay:

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Thanks for the update. I knew things would work out for the best, and from the things you said he is a good man. I bet your relationship will be even better now then it was before.

divinefavor

This is wonderful news!!!! Your boyfriend really loves you and he is a real man!!! I pray that God will continue to strengthen you both during your time of celibacy and that your relationship brings glory to Him!

Ms Red

I pray that the Lord strengthens both you and your boyfriend and that you are both happy. Congrats!! :Rose:

MSee

I'm so glad for you. My prayers are with you to keep you both when times of testing comes ;)