NEWWWWWWWWWW! IN DIRE NEED OR ADVISE ;

Dani_B

NEWWWWW! IN DIRE NEED Of ADVISE

HEY LOVES MY NAME IS DANI AND I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS ABOUT HAIR CARE SO IF YOU GUYS DON'T MIND HELPING ME OUT AND KIND OF GUIDING ME I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!! :ohwell:

ANYWAYS I CUT MY HAIR ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO INTO THE SHORT RIHANNA TYPE DO (pics in profile) AND RECENTLY IVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT GROWING MY HAIR BACK :blush:. I JUST HAD MY DAUGHTER 2 MONTHS AGO AND IT GREW A BIT BUT I ENDED UP CUTTING IT OFF AGAIN THE SAME WAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANNA HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT. SO IVE BEEN AROUND AND AROUND WITH HAIR CARE PRODUCTS LIKE MTG, DR. MIRACLES, DOO GROW, MIZANI SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONERS, PANTENE PRO-V AND I STILL DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOIN LOL..

I MEAN IVE BEEN DOING HAIR SINCE I WAS 11 BUT I HAVE NEVER BEEN THAT UP ON SHAMPOO REGIMENS, OILS AND ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF TAKING GOOD CARE OF MY HAIR. I KEEP IT WEAVED FOR NOW AND AM GONNA TRY LACE WIGS UNTIL I CAN GET IT THE LENGTH I WANT.

BUT IN THE MEAN TIME BETWEEN TIME CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME SOME POINTERS ABOUT ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP MY HAIR GROW OTHER THAN THAT. I WANNA GO NATURAL SOOOO BAD BUT I JUST DONT KNOW WHERE TO START LOL
:yep:

Last edited:

Theresamonet

That op is assaulting.:lol: You shouldn't type in all bold caps that way.

*****************​

Dani_B- What exactly do you want to know? What is your current regimen? Are you planning on transitioning?

If you tell us what route you plan to go with your hair care, I'm sure we can compile a good list of links to help you. :yep:

PPGbubbles

HI OP!!!!!!! I FIGURED I SHOULD YELL BACK SINCE YOU POSTED IN ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!! LMFAO

any who! I want to know all the question Theresamonet posted above as well as asking what kind of style are u planing to rock if you did go natural?

Dani_B

My bad Lol... I just want to know what thing I can put in my hair to help it grow. My hair is very thick so I need advise on how I can maintain it before after and while i have my weaves in. I just wash it and deep condition it about every 2 to 3 weeks with Mizani shampoo and reconstructive treatment. I also just bought the Pantene Pro-V relaxed to naturals shampoo and conditioner to see how that will work. And yes I am transitioning, My last perm was in June and I'm tired of them, I want something new.

Dani_B

HI OP!!!!!!! I FIGURED I SHOULD YELL BACK SINCE YOU POSTED IN ALL CAPS!!!!!!!!! LMFAO

any who! I want to know all the question Theresamonet posted above as well as asking what kind of style are u planing to rock if you did go natural?

I don't know Lol, No braids, something Like your avatar

Theresamonet

PPGbubbles

My bad Lol... I just want to know what thing I can put in my hair to help it grow. My hair is very thick so I need advise on how I can maintain it before after and while i have my weaves in. I just wash it and deep condition it about every 2 to 3 weeks with Mizani shampoo and reconstructive treatment. I also just bought the Pantene Pro-V relaxed to naturals shampoo and conditioner to see how that will work. And yes I am transitioning, My last perm was in June and I'm tired of them, I want something new.

I rock weaves often it will be a good way to transition. there are a few threads on weave care. I suggest you go to the search...choose "advanced search" and search the 2010 weave it up challenge...it has some great links on the front page. I will try to bump it for you also.

I don't know Lol, No braids, something Like your avatar

My Avi is a twistout. but I twist the hair in a beehive much like a weave to get a uniform curl pattern. sometimes I will twist my hair and rock a "quick weave" or half over it for the week and I have a bomb twistout for the weekend.

There is also a thread dedicated to transitioning you may want to check out

lizzyb168

If u dont have a leave in u will definately need to find one. Try cantu shea butter leave in. Seal it in with an oil, e.g castor, jojoba, coconut etc.

You definately need to build up a good regimen but keeping ur hair mositurised and sealed is essential!

mstk

Welcome! Definitely check out the links that Theresamonet posted, they helped me a lot when I was first starting out. I don't know if there's a "thing" to put in your hair to help it grow, there are many products out there, but finding techniques (moisturizing and sealing, protein/moisture balance etc.) that work has made the most difference for me.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I have nothing significant to add except for welcome and your daughter is so ADORABLE!!!! I want to pick her up and pinch her chubby little cheeks!!!