Nioxin Ingredients

notsomebody

I lost track of the thread in which I promised to post these ingredients. Here they are. The Product is called Nioxin NX3 Follicle Booster.

Water, Hydrolyzed Algin, Hydrolyzed Glycosamino Glycans, Saccharaomyces Lysate Extract, Propylene Glycol, Ginko Biloba Extract, Panax Ginseng, Saw Palmetto Fruit Extract, Phytic Acid, Silybum Maranium (Milk Thistle) extract, Wheat Amino Acids, Soy Amino Acids, Ethoxydiglycol, Coenzyme A, Coenzyme B5, Coenzyme B6, Coenzyme B12, Coenzyme Folate, Coenzyme Nicotinate, Coenzyme Q6-10, Coenzyme R, Coenzyme Riboflavin, Coenzyme Thiamine, Panthenol, Dimethicone Copolyol, Acetaminde MEA, Tocopheryl Nicotinate, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Apricot Kernel Extract, Silicone Ferment, Magnesium Ferment, Copper Ferment, Iron Ferment, Zinc Ferment, Jojoba Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Swertia Chirata, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 80, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates Crosspolymer, Methyl Nicotinate.

Its quite a list of ingredients. You will definitely notice a little tingling sensation on the areas that you use it. The directions on the bottle don't say how often to use it , so I recommend that you use it once and wait a few days to make sure there is no negative reaction.
HTH

Ennyaa

Thanks a lot notsomebody. I was just thinking about this the other day. It IS a long list but actually most of the stuff looks pretty good.

Please let us know how it works for you.

Ennyaa

Okay so I did a google search on each and EVERY ingredient in that list and all I can say is I'm very impressed. I really couldn't find anything harmful and they were just about ALL beneficial. They either promoted growth, nourished the hair or cleansed the scalp. Even the scary sounding ones like, Tocopheryl Nicotinate, turned out to just be a form of Vitamin E. I wonder why they call them such complicated things. Most of those Coenzymes are forms of the B vitamins. Anyway I'm thinking this is going on my 2003 shopping list for sure now.

notsomebody

I can't remember how much I paid for it, but it was not cheap. I think London Diva suggested checkin e-bay for it. Mine came in a 1 oz bottle. luckily, a little goes a long way. I have had mine for a at least a year and a half (possibly longer), and still haven't made a dent in it.
I think you will be pleased with it. It really helped me grow out my kitchen area. I don't really use it on any other part of my head unless I notice substancial thinning somewhere like over my ear where my glasses constantly rub against the hair their.

Also, it says on the bottle that "increased microcirculation gives a rosy glow and temporary redness on skin after application" since its in my kitchens, I haven't noticed any kind of redness, but it does tingle and even itch for a little while after I apply it. When I first got it, I used it once a week after I shampooed and set my hair. After a month, I had an inch worth of growth in my kitchen area. BTW my kitchen area was the only place that castor oil didn't help with thinning, I think there are some special glands or something there that don't react well to heavy oils.
Your results may vary, so please let us know how it worked for you.

carrie

I've seen it at Ulta for I think about $20 and also online for a little more. I still plan on buying this and giving it a try!

Ennyaa

Yeah I think I'll check a few beauty supply places around my way when I get home. *sigh* Yeah I'm breakin my PJ rules. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

kasey

Thanks for the review NSB. I saw it at one store several months ago for $16. But it was in the older packaging. Maybe I'll stop by that store to see if they still have any.

--kc

T

Tee

Notsomebody,

Are you using the other Nioxin products (shampoo, scalp therapy, etc.) or do you just use the NX3? Also, are you using castor oil with it? I just started using castor oil on a thin spot on my right temple, but I think I may want to try the NX3.

Thanks!

Tee

notsomebody

I just use the NX3. I haven't tried any of the other products. As far as the castor oil. I haven't ever used the two together, but it is definitely worth trying. I just know that my kitchens was the only place that the castor oil didn't work in. I think if you do decide to use them together, put the nioxin on first just because its so much lighter than the castor oil and may not penetrate otherwise.
Like I said earlier, I have a spot just above my ear from where my glasses has worn away the hair there, so I have started using the nioxin there. I will try it with castor oil also and let you know how its going in a couple of weeks.
I apologize if I am spreading pj tendancies. While I think that NX3 is a very good product and works really well and really fast, it may not be for everyone (those with really sensitive scalps might think it burns more than tingles). Also, there are other cheaper products that do the same even if they don't work as fast castor oil being one of these. I just have learned that my kitchen area is completely different from any other area on my scalp. So, nioxin was the only thing that worked for that particular area.

Brownie

Has anyone tried ORS's temple fertilizing balm? If so, do you think Nioxin's follicule booster works better, or quicker?