Will You Try It? Carols Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo/DC

JKSprite

So typically I am NOT a fan of Carols Daughters products since I've always had the worst results from using her stuff. But this ad popped up in my inbox and it intrigued me, probably because of the Rosemary Mint.. which sounds like it would feel delicious on my hair.:lick:

So would you ladies try this.. it hasn't been released yet, but their claim to fame is that it will "Deeply cleanse and moisturize your hair of daily toxins and product build-up, with this invigorating, purifying and conditioning duo made from nature’s best. Rosemary and Peppermint help restore hair back to its original shiny, healthy state".

Purifying Shampoo Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Methyl 2-Sulfolaurate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/Aminoacrylates/C10-30 Alkyl PEG-20 Itaconate Copolymer, Disodium 2-Sulfolaurate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthol, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Algae Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Melilotus Officinalis (Sweet Clover) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cetrimonium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Polystyrene Sulfonate, Caramel, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum)

Conditioner Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Behentrimonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Mentha Arvensis (Wild Mint) Oil, Caffeine, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Spirulina Maxima Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Melilotus Officinalis (Sweet Clover) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Symphytum Officinale (Comfrey) Leaf Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Adiantum Pedatum (Maidenhair Fern) Extract, Anacyclus Pyrethrum (Spanish Chamomile) Root Extract, Hedychium Coronarium (White Ginger) Root Extract, Quillaja Saponaria (Soap Tree) Bark Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Extract, Juglans Nigra (Black Walnut) Shell Extract, Carnitine, Coenzyme A, Lactic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aminomethyl Propanol, Disodium EDTA, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Caramel, Fragrance (Parfum

Attachments

• rosemaryBnnr.jpg
    rosemaryBnnr.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 11

DirtyJerzeyGirly

I'd try it. I like Carol's Daughter's Stuff. I got the same email in my box, too. Maybe that' will be my next shampoo. Rosemary Mint is a very strong scent so just a warning to anyone that tries it. I used the Loreal Everpure Rosemary Mint and it was so strong my eyes watered a little lol. But it did a great job.

QueenNefi

When I tried to go natural a few years ago, I tried her shampoos and conditioners. I tried and I tried and I tried. The shampoos dried my hair out and the conditioners did not soften, detangle or moisturize. Forget about the leave-in that just burned my scalp. When I finished using the products on shampoo day, My hair was a dry and matted mess. I assume either I was doing something wrong or the probucts are better suited for those with dred locks or sister locks.

I think she has other products that work well and all of the products smell great. She has a great business and I hope she continues to prosper but I do have to be honest about what I've tried.

BellaM

I currently use her Hair Milk and Black Vanilla Leave In....and why not add this to the collection...The ingredients look good:lick:

RocStar

I am a product junkie and will pretty much try anything....

Now, would I purchase them? Probably not. :nono:

NaturalPath

I would because I like the black vanilla herbal shampoo and hair smoothie as well as the hair milk and lisas hair elixir

JKSprite

When I tried to go natural a few years ago, I tried her shampoos and conditioners. I tried and I tried and I tried. The shampoos dried my hair out and the conditioners did not soften, detangle or moisturize. Forget about the leave-in that just burned my scalp. When I finished using the products on shampoo day, My hair was a dry and matted mess. I assume either I was doing something wrong or the probucts are better suited for those with dred locks or sister locks.

Same exact thing that happened to me.. it did absolutely NADA for my hair except leave it feeling dry and damaged. Eh. I'm still on the fence. I have to order all of her products online so I'll wait for the reviews to come out before I decide to purchase or not.

NerdSauce

Why pair a "purifying" shampoo with a conditioner that has dimethicone as the third ingredient?

If it's not a salon product then I can't justify spending natural product money on products that just aren't natural. The whole line seems like a heap of laziness/misinformation.

Lola Laughs

I have to give it to Lisa Price (is that her name?)---great marketing! She just makes you feel like if you want healthy hair, you just have to try her products. Well, I tried, and tried some more. I really want to support black/female owned businesses, but I'm just not feeling CD. :ohwell:

Lucky's Mom

Not a chance. Too corporate....she is about the same as Revlon - or any other drugstore brand out there now.............................:nono:

Her Rosemary mint shampoo used to be ----> Castile soap, oils, and Rosemary EO's... Now.. it is chem City... no way.

Lucky's Mom

I have to give it to Lisa Price (is that her name?)---great marketing! She just makes you feel like if you want healthy hair, you just have to try her products. Well, I tried, and tried some more. I really want to support black/female owned businesses, but I'm just not feeling CD. :ohwell:

Does not seem that way to me... I could care less if she were polkadot..... She is corporate.... HSN, Sephora, and more??? She is hardly 'black owned'... maybe in name only.:look:

darlingdiva

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!!!!

First of all, I already have my staple shampoos.

Secondly, the original CD Rosemary Mint Shampoo is the WORST hair product I have ever used in my entire life. When I shampooed with it, my hair felt like it was going through a metamorphosis of textures. My hair was dry, tangled, and matted.

Never again!!!

Geminigirl

it looks beautiful. Although I haven't been back to Rosemary Mint scents after I tried Biolage? Nah I think it was Biotera or something from Walgreen's/CVS. Now I just can't do it. I am very particular about my poos so if anything I'd try her condtioner, but I really don't care for her products.

Those Hair milks and exliers are sounding good. I am off to look for reviews.