Nioxin OD=2 inches a month

Janet'

Ladies, I'm still sticking with the Nioxin despite my coloring setback...I know once I get this color under control my retention will be back on point...I can say that I believe the Nioxin is helping as far as keeping the hair on my head because although I haven't gained any length, my hair has thickened up (the ends significantly) and I'm definitely not losing length!

mikimix

I think I'm getting quite a bit of growth. I'm not sure exactly how much but when I feel my roots, there is a lot of new growth, more than normal for being a month post relaxer.
I was taking one, now I'm taking two along with two biotin pills and 4 garlic capsules.

Now I just need to make that castor oil potion and maybe I'll be APL sooner than I was hoping! :p

NikkiQ

It's been about a month for me since I started and I can't see any changes to my hair. Eyebrows,eyelashes and nails absolutely. Hair in other places...yup :look: but no change on my head.

ms.tatiana

Still taking one pill a day! & I have seen growth and I will continue to take my pills.

I am still on my first bottle with about 15-20 pills left and I will be ordering another bottle, because I believe they are working for me.

Lovelylocs

I'm still taking one a day w/Biotin, MSM, and sometimes garlic and cayenne. Plus, yesterday, I started taking a Super B vitamin and drinking fresh beet and carrot juice.

MzSwift

I just ordered my bottle it should be here saturday. I hope I get some great results like some of you ladies have gotten.

Umm. Have you looked in the mirror?!
If your results get any greater than they have been already, you're gonna have a new stan!!:lol:

kiminprogress

I'm on day two now of the Nioxin and I also picked up a Biotin supplement at the store. I started off taking two pills a day and I feel fine :) I hope I get the 2 inches a month after it kicks in, but I will be content with anything above the average half inch.

growinghealthyhair

I am so floored by your results. That is amazing for just three months. My edges were thinning as well and they started filling in when I took my first bottle, but nothing like this. Congratulations, and can't wait to see your progress in three more months!

Miss617

Thanks so much :) How many bottles have you taken so far?? I honestly didn't see really "noticeable results" until the end of the second month I think. I posted results earlier as well but now i'm really able to see my progress. I'm just hoping these next three months are as prosperous!! GOod luck to you :)

carletta

Just out of curiosity, has anyone taken three pills a day? I know someone mentioned it awhile back and it had some people clutching the pearls (that phrase still makes me laugh), but I'm wondering if some brave soul has actually taken that leap. Or is three just too excessive?

YEP !!!!! I'M TAKING 3 A DAY NOW AND DOING OK :yep: I CAN TELL EVEN MORE OF A DIFFERENCE IN MY GROWTH RATE. ( EVERY SO OFTEN I END UP MISSING A DAY DUE TO MY SCHEDULE AT WORK !)

THE GROWTH RATE OF HAIR EVERYWHERE ELSE IS AWFUL TOO ...UGH :lachen:

Last edited:

chicha

YEP !!!!! I'M TAKING 3 A DAY NOW AND DOING OK :yep: I CAN TELL EVEN MORE OF A DIFFERENCE IN MY GROWTH RATE. ( EVERY SO OFTEN I END UP MISSING A DAY DUE TO MY SCHEDULE AT WORK !)

THE GROWTH RATE OF HAIR EVERYWHERE ELSE IS AWFUL TOO ...UGH :lachen:
Be careful.

It doesn't recommend 2 a day and thats a stretch. 3 is far beyond what they are advertising as safe.

Plus remember the fda doesn't regulate supplements. So if you hurt yourself you maybe up a creek.

BlackHairDiva

Well its been 1 month and five days. I think my hair is growing out like crazy..Again, at first I thought it was the new conditioner that i bought (aveda) which has sulfates. Since I have BKT'd hair sulfates are a no no and they will revert my hair. So I did re-did my bkt on my entire head. About two weeks ago. I can feel new growth at the roots. I feel rock solid curly hair..about half a centimeter.:spinning:

I'm fighting the urge of retouching my roots...I will wait until the 1st of august or the last week of july to touch up... or better yet wait until the 7th of august which will be exactly month number 2 right on the dot!:yep:

I'm also praying and asking god for some extra help in retaining growth and increasin my hair growth. I am determine to reach my hair goals.

carletta

Be careful.

It doesn't recommend 2 a day and thats a stretch. 3 is far beyond what they are advertising as safe.

Plus remember the fda doesn't regulate supplements. So if you hurt yourself you maybe up a creek.

thanks for your concern sweetie :yep:. I'm good . I had my doctor do a full panel-and blood work. ALL IS WELL :kiss: THANKS CHICHA ....

Kalia1

Is there any particular seller that you ladies are ordering from on Amazon. I want to make sure the seller is reputable.

I just finished my first bottle and need more. I have seen improvement in my hair.

jerseygirl1977

So I've been taking about 2 day for the past month. I have noticed growth on my hair. I havent had any side effects. No extra hair growth anywhere else, i'm already hairy so maybe that helped. I'll have to see if i can find a starting pic and where i'm at now.

EllePixie

I'm stopping the Nioxin/Biotin combo and switching to Viviscal for now. I hope I don't need to add the biotin back in with this vit.

SingBrina

Just purchased mine on Ebay... cant wait to give it a try. Thinking of braiding my hair back and getting a lace front for about three months, with NO GLUE.... There is Friday Night Hair I am thinking of trying and when I take it out hope my hair grows at least two inches. Planning to cornrow my hair under every two weeks and deep condition every week... we shall see....

Lovelylocs

I have over an inch of new growth. I take my Nioxin w/Biotin and MSM. I'm going to check this thread to see when I started the Nioxin. B/c I believe when I started I had about 1/4 inch of new growth.

Update: I started on 6/25. This is awesome! My hair usually only grows 1/4-1/2 an inch a month. (usually closer to 1/4 inch) I'm really tempted to double the dose, but I don't want to waste the vitamins.

Last edited:

mikimix

I have over an inch of new growth. I take my Nioxin w/Biotin and MSM. I'm going to check this thread to see when I started the Nioxin. B/c I believe when I started I had about 1/4 inch of new growth.

Update: I started on 6/25. This is awesome! My hair usually only grows 1/4-1/2 an inch a month. (usually closer to 1/4 inch) I'm really tempted to double the dose, but I don't want to waste the vitamins.

do you take one or two pills?