Is this cheating if you're on the no heat challenge?

gone_fishing

I want to do the "no heat" challenge..*ahem* but my hair takes a million years to dry once I put the creamy leave in conditioner in it.

Can I still be in the no heat challenge if I use a hard bonnet dryer but on the "cool" setting? I JUST discovered this setting...lol...on my hard bonnet dryer last night and I tried it out and it didn't dry as fast but it certainly cut the time down to about 30 minutes compared to hours and hours of airdrying.

Is that a dumb question? :perplexed

Thanks. :look:

Also, since I stopped flat ironing...I just let my hair air dry then I wrap it. I didn't know I'd like that better...my hair "looks" thicker and the cuticles are still smoothe....and my hair isn't so limp.

Missi

no its not cheating.......
.....also have you tried doing a silk-wrap (saran wrap treatment)?

gone_fishing

4N6_Gyrl said:
no its not cheating.......
.....also have you tried doing a silk-wrap (saran wrap treatment)?

Good! I'm gonna do the no heat challenge then. Nope, I've never done that treatment. What's that?

pmichael52172

Nope, nope, nope - you are still in the game. I've been no-heat for about 5 weeks now and I LOVE IT! I don't use direct heat and sit under the dryer twice a week to deep condition and dry my roller sets.

I ONLY use Caruso steam rollers to refresh parts of my spirals or when my hair has straightened too much after nightly wrapping. (I hate wearing my hair straight).

You're not imagining things. My naturally fine hair/ends appear thicker and my broken off section is 90% back just after 2 periods of dusting my ends. The silk wrap with the Saran makes my hair feel just like that... silk.

See Macherieamour's video blog for this
http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/tutorials/index.html

gone_fishing

pmichael52172 said:
Nope, nope, nope - you are still in the game. I've been no-heat for about 5 weeks now and I LOVE IT! I don't use direct heat and sit under the dryer twice a week to deep condition and dry my roller sets.

I ONLY use Caruso steam rollers to refresh parts of my spirals or when my hair has straightened too much after nightly wrapping. (I hate wearing my hair straight).

You're not imagining things. My naturally fine hair/ends appear thicker and my broken off section is 90% back just after 2 periods of dusting my ends. The silk wrap with the Saran makes my hair feel just like that... silk.

See Macherieamour's video blog for this
http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/tutorials/index.html

Wow, I'm floored by her video. I can wait to go out and by saran wrap. LOL. Who would have thunk it?

Geez...where have you guys been all my life!

gone_fishing

So....is this no heat challenge no direct heat then?

I can't wait to get home...I might go to it during my lunch break. LOL

pmichael52172

Well, it is for my personal challenge. I haven't read the details of no heat challenges on this board. I just started my own by seeing my friends hair and adoption what she told me she did... basically no direct heat and rollersetts and loose wrapping at night.