No Luck w/ Aubrey's GPB

Foxycus02

No Luck w/ Aubrey\'s GPB

Ladies I tried Aubrey's GPB, I dont know what happened but my hair felt stiff and not strong & moisturized as many of u rave, What happened? This is what I did:
As a pre-shampoo I applied apretadora conditioner and left it on for 10 mins. I shampooed w/ creme of nature and applied GPB for 30 mins, when I rinsed it felt stiff, is it supposed to feel this way? When I use emergencee my hair is left w/ slip. Anyway I followed w/ loreal natures therapy mega moisture which softened the hair but did not work quite effective as usual. Are these normal results or did I do something wrong?

Nyambura

surfer girl
Re: No Luck w/ Aubrey\'s GPB

Foxycus, I'm sorry you suffered this result with Aubrey Organics' GPB conditioner. My hair definitely doesn't feel stiff after I use GPB. Rather, it feels strong and moisturized. Maybe your hair just doesn't like it - I really wanted to like Pantene Smooth & Sleek, another product that's drawn raves from many on this board...but no dice. Hopefully you still have your receipt and the place where you bought it has a friendly return policy.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I know you guys are tired of me asking this, but: When was the last time that you clarified??????????

Foxycus02

Ummm, well clarifying to me is shampooing (lol). Im obviously wrong, so how do I really clarify and how often should I do it? I do daily conditioner washes, so this definitely might be a problem

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

When you clarify, make sure that you specifically use a "clarifying" shampoo. The one that I use is the Pantene clarifying shampoo. Hope that helps.

AngieK

<font color="brown">That is the same way that my hair started to feel when I was using the GPB. I gave it a break for a few months and then went back to it a few months ago. Unfortunately, I had the same results (stiff and brittle). I don't know what happened, because last year I use to use it with great results. My hair just does not seem to like it anymore . . .

AngieK

P.S. Someone suggested that it may be the Balsam that is in the product (which can leave a coating on the hair), but I don't have enough experience with balsam to know if that is actually the problem. </font>

beana3

Maybe this product just doesn't work well on your hair.. its not a bad thing. I've tried my share of raved about products to no avail, i just accept the loss.

Try it again, maybe on freshly relaxed hair.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

Sorry it didn't work out for you all!

Supergirl, Thanks for the Pantene Clarifying tip. I was looking for an inexpensive one! How many times do you wash with it? And do you follow up with your regular shampoo?
TIA

TsAngel

[ QUOTE ]
I know you guys are tired of me asking this, but: When was the last time that you clarified??????????

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarify and try it again. I hope this does the trick because GPB is truly a superb product. I leave it on for 30 min + w/no heat. When I use this, I don't need a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. I'll just use a leave in and rollerset.

Give it another try.

T

Victorian

old head

I just tried gpb earllier this week and it left my hair really nice. I agree with the others that you should try it once more and see how things turn out. Try skipping the preconditioner. Maybe the combination of the products is what made it turn out poorly. You could have a whole bunch of really great products but if you use them all at once your hair might not like it. I know I have a couple products that I never use together because they seem to "clash" or something.

T

Tee

Maybe leaving it in for 30 minutes is too much for your hair. Try it for the recommended time (I believe it's 5-10 minutes w/o heat, but check the bottle).