Aubrey GPB(BIG WHOOP) It didn't work

E

EgyptianSand16

Aubrey GPB(BIG WHOOP) It didn\'t work

Hey guys i finally tried GPB and was less than thrilled with the results. I had HIGH EXPECTATIONS since i've heard sooooo many praises about it. Here is what i did--I washed my hair with Breakthru shampoo(which i LOVE)with some baking soda mixed in for clarifying. Then applied GPB, I left it in for about 15min no heat. My hair felt okay, it felt the same. I was hoping for some "Wowed Out" results

SVT

Re: Aubrey GPB(BIG WHOOP) It didn\'t work

I use GPB with the expectation of it lightly strenghthening my hair and it does that for me. I know others have raved about how it also softens their hair. Nada on the softness for my hair.

My cabinets are littered with big whoops ---> Creme of Nature shampoo

Nonie

No heat? Did you use a cap and towel at least? Ever since I read Cathy Howse's book, I'm convinced that conditioners work best when they penetrate your hair and that for them to do that, your cuticle needs to be raised, which happens with heat...or is simply the case if your hair is damaged. So perhaps you didn't see much difference coz you simply put it on, then washed it all off with all its goodies, and left nothing on your hair that'd give/show any difference .
Just my $0.02

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
... then washed it all off with all its goodies...

[/ QUOTE ]

Off topic:

I'm laughing hysterically for some reason!

E

EgyptianSand16

maybe it will work better with heat. I'll try it sometime next week. Thanks guys

Tracy

It could be the heat step that was the problem - but it could also just be a case of what works for some doesn't work for ever. I have tried ever permutation imaginable with GPB and it sucks on me - every time.

It smells AWFUL too. Like genetically mutated ferns scientifically altered to smell "overly green". ICK.

But that's just me and my hair.

keylargo

many women here do not like using heat with GPB. Many say it works better without heat. Heat makes it penetrate too much and can leave your hair hard from too much protein. Personally, I've had to use it more then once to see the benefit. I like it but I think there are other protein conditioners that are just as good if not better.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

[ QUOTE ]
It smells AWFUL too. Like genetically mutated ferns scientifically altered to smell "overly green". ICK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Genetically mutated ferns?

northernbelle

Isn't Aubrey Organics GPB a protein treatment? If so, a protein treatment does not usually leave the hair soft.

northernbellle

marla

I also didn't have good results with GPB, but some ladies here love it. I've just come to the conclusion that it's just not for my hair, that's all!

Kitkat

Sorry that GPB didn't work for you, EgyptianSands. I love GPB and it leaves my hair so soft that I don't feel the need to follow up with a moisturizing conditioner - but I do anyway.

Northernbelle, not all protein conditioners leave the hair hard simply because they contain protein. GPB is a perfect example for me. Nexxus Keraphix is another protein conditione that softens my hair very well. I guess this thread just shows yet again that products work differently on everyone.

KinksnCurlz

I didn't notice the difference either but i only used it once. i will have to try it 2 more x's to really c if it is for me or not.

Victorian

old head

My hair felt soft after GPB too. It's the only protein con I've tried so far. I would really like to try keraphix one day. Anyway, sorry the GPB didn't work for you, EgyptianSand. We all know by now that different things work for different people. I just tried LUST today and it made my hair a tangled mess. But I know it has been great for other people. Guess I just have to keep searching for my wonder products.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NubianAngel

This is a bit off topic but I just tried the breakthru shampoo tonight and I am loving it! I didn't see any sulfates on the ingredients list so I tried it (CO washes stopped working after a while so I went back to shampooing every wash). I love the way it smells too!