Nobody told me about the shrinkage when you are texlaxed!

Chevelure618

I'd say my hair is in good condition now....and VERY mildly relaxed. When flat-ironed it is past APL in the back. But today I DC'd and roller set and it looked so nice and bouncy and soft, but at the end of the day when I looked at the back in the mirror I was so depressed to see that the back was barely shoulder length. You sure don't see your length when you are texlaxed and I am not one to run for the flat-iron or Saran Wrap....it looking straight is not that important to me, but it looking long IS.

I can't wait for the day when my hair looks long no matter what I do...whether it shrinks or not, I want it to be at least APL unstretched/unstraightened.

I think what happened is that my last touch-up (a 13 week stretch) was underprocessed. It was barely relaxed, only combable, but never laid down to my head, not even immediately after the touch-up. It may have been because I put a lot of Preservo on my hair myself before he touched it up. I went to see him on Friday about this and asked if I should still stretch to 12 weeks and he said 8 weeks would be good to touch up and run the relaxer through the underprocessed section for a minute. I think I agree. I would hate for my hair to start breaking just for the sake of getting to 12 weeks, especially when it looks so darn short.

What do you think?