Now Forming an Army of SUPER-LONG HAIR 4B (or mostly 4b) NATURALS!! Come on in!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
virtuenow I think that's all Yaya's hair! She wore it shrunken to her wedding, and it was big and beautiful, so I wouldn't be surprised it if was this long blown-out.

lolascurls Congrats on another milestone! KUTGW and post your photos!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Came across this photo and I thought it was fabulous:

Im trying lol!! finaly seeing some progress and I learned that my hair thrives when left alone. Sews in were amazing!!! But my stylist moved so Im in Solange/Poetic Justice braids. I think Imma use braids until I find someone who does a great job. I like the simplicity of braids. Im tryna be a super long haired 4b!!! Not there or even close lol but patience

beautyintheyes

AXtremeTakeover said:
Im trying lol!! finaly seeing some progress and I learned that my hair thrives when left alone. Sews in were amazing!!! But my stylist moved so Im in Solange/Poetic Justice braids. I think Imma use braids until I find someone who does a great job. I like the simplicity of braids. Im tryna be a super long haired 4b!!! Not there or even close lol but patience

Bump

Pooks

Happily discovered that the front of my hair now touches my chest the other day which is cool. And I've regained the length from my slightly over-zealous dusting a few months back - the back is past BSL now. Official end of year length check will be here before I know it.

coolsista-paris

hi to all. all right im not à SUUUUUPER long 4B...but i can share cause im happy of my own progress after à 10 years nl!!. (my longest layers are now touching bsl-of course you wont figure it out as its natural and im not the best at flat ironning but thats all right,huh?) :)

pics from last month :

2012-10-16 21.44.00-1.jpg

oh ,and my hair grows in layers no matter what. i dont mind....

ForumRunner_20121106_231520.jpg

Last edited:

coolsista-paris

You go girl. Beautiful hair:yep:

thank you. im having hair dreams !! im motivated (although i sometimes forget my hair cause tooooo busy). i hope one day i can come back to this thread at least at mbl. its the nextel goal .but you know we always want more so.... i might try longer than mbl :)

rachelpierre7385

This is where my length is now. In January I cut about 4 to 5 inches of hair in the back due to moisture overload and not enough protein. So I started the year at neck length and this pic is where I am now. I hope to be brastrap length by the very end of December

ForumRunner_20121111_152452.jpg

MzSwift

My recent loose wash. Do I qualify to post in here? My hair is very poofy and kinky, I love it!

Here's my "blow out" look after rinsing out the condish:

I can't wait to join the ranks of the SUPER-LONG ladies!! :)

faithVA

This is where my length is now. In January I cut about 4 to 5 inches of hair in the back due to moisture overload and not enough protein. So I started the year at neck length and this pic is where I am now. I hope to be brastrap length by the very end of December

Great progress. Very motivating!

LovelyNaps26

i did a blow out last week. it's official i'm waist length. not so sure about aiming for hip length though. i might grow it out for my wedding then cut it back to waist:look:

NaturalLibra

bumping this thread for encouragement. I'm feeling so down about my progress lately...which is resulting in me not taking the best care of my hair *viciouscycle*

LovelyNaps26

LovelyNaps26, Lovely!!!!! reggie pls????

scarcity21

i wrote my reggie elsewhere. Here it is.
Week 1

After washing, divide each of the 10 twisted sections I used to wash the hair in half and re-twist. I will have 20 twists when all done. This size is large enough so that it won’t take all night to twist (only about an hour including adding a leave in and light butter) but small enough that it’ll allow me to create a cute twisted up do.

Week 2

After washing I’m super tired and need to be up early. I decide to gently separate each of the 10 twisted sections and re-twist (separating and re-twisting helps to limit tangles…trust me). So I still have the 10 twists which took 20 or so minutes to undo and re-twist. In the morning my hair will be slightly damp. I untwist all the large twists and style into a chignon, bun, banded ponytail or other updo. This is a protective style with loose hair (untwisted) so for those with finer hair who feel their twists are “scalpy” this is a good alternative. I will spritz the hair the following night and immediately tie it down with a satin scarf so that it will be fresh the next morning.

Week 3

I will likely return to my Week 1 hair regimen. I usually don’t wear protective styles with loose hair two weeks in a row.

Week 4

I’m in the mood to see my hair “out”. After washing I will braid my hair into approximately 15 braids. I will go under my soft bonnet dryer for about 40 minutes otherwise my hair will not be fully dry in the morning. In the morning I will unbraid and separate and fluff until desired fullness is achieved. To maintain this style I will place the hair in about eight banded ponytails at night. Prior to banding I will lightly apply a moisturizing butter to tame any frizz accumulated over the day and keep my ends moisturized. I find banding preferable over re-braiding because it’s a lot quicker and it involves less manipulation than re-braiding.

*products: i'm not really fussy. i like qhemet biologics amla heavy cream. no sulfates, only detangle on wash day with a slippery conditioner.

lisajames96

Hi Ladies.
Been a year or so since I updated on my girls hair. They both received a trim last year.

My oldest daughter with all 4b hair has retained about 3 inches.

My youngest daughter with mostly 4b(4a in the back) retained about 5 or so.

Twistout on old blowout :drunk:

I have not utilized castor oil like I used to and that has affected retention some I think. So I will be starting that back shortly. My older daughter likes to take her hair a loose and play in it alot, so yeah, tangles and some breakage. But pleased none the less. With more PS this summer, I hope to help them retain another 3 inches or more by the end of the year. Blessings.

loulou82

My hair shows potential and then I mess up my progress. This was earlier in the year- trying to get back :yep: and then hopefully hit long hair status. :lick:

Last edited: