NY church phone used for sex line call

Nice & Wavy

Wed Nov 7, 7:00 AM ET

CLARKSTOWN, N.Y. - Thou shalt not use a church's telephone to call a sex hot line, saith police in this Hudson Valley town.

A homeless man has been accused of breaking into a Valley Cottage church by picking a lock so he could dial a sex line. James Macnair was arraigned Monday night before Clarkstown Justice Scott Ugell on charges of burglary, possession of a burglar's tools and petty larceny. He admitted he had sinned before, breaking into the Elim Alliance Church days earlier for the same reason, the judge said.
A church treasurer found Macnair on the phone both times, police said. The first time, when he was in an office, she told him to leave, but the second time, when he was in a basement area used as a nursery for children, she called 911, they said. Macnair, 35, was being held without bail Tuesday at the Rockland County jail and was due in court Wednesday. A desk officer at the jail said it wasn't possible to put Macnair on the phone to speak to a reporter.

Mocha5

Saw this on the news yesterday. At least he realizes he's a sinner. :lachen:That's about as positive as I can get about this one....:grin:

shalom

:lachen:I'll be praying for him. I can't believe he was letting them lusting demons off in the children's nursey. :nono:

Nice & Wavy

You would think that people who are homeless or are in need will have a need for food, warm bed, clean clothes. He didn't break in for any of those things....only to help himself.

You know, working with people who are in need, I remember this man coming in and we gave him food. He wasn't homeless, he had a place to live. He looked through the bag and didn't want this, and didn't want that. Started taking things out the bag and throwing it on the floor, and then started asking for things we didn't have. After awhile, we took the bags of food back and told him when he was hungry enough, he can come back and we will give him food.

He was stunned...but left quietly. Came back a week later and apologized and everything. We gave him food and he was grateful.

I hope this man really get the help he needs. I'm sure the church won't let him down.

Mocha5

You would think that people who are homeless or are in need will have a need for food, warm bed, clean clothes. He didn't break in for any of those things....only to help himself.

You know, working with people who are in need, I remember this man coming in and we gave him food. He wasn't homeless, he had a place to live. He looked through the bag and didn't want this, and didn't want that. Started taking things out the bag and throwing it on the floor, and then started asking for things we didn't have. After awhile, we took the bags of food back and told him when he was hungry enough, he can come back and we will give him food.

He was stunned...but left quietly. Came back a week later and apologized and everything. We gave him food and he was grateful.

I hope this man really get the help he needs. I'm sure the church won't let him down.

Ummm...he was delirious. He thought he was at Stop Rite.