:o( Damaged....

MACgirl2k2

My hair is damaged...damaged....I thought that I should let you know...
Corny, but I feel a lil better. Man I don't know what it is. I have been trying to take better care of my hair and I just keep on messing it up. I don't know what else to do. I'm ready to cut it all off and start over, if I didn't look so manly (I have a thick neck and the shoulders of a quaterback). Help me out. Whats a girl to do? :wallbash:

Any advice?

MACgirl2k2

I wash my hair with shampoo every 2 weeks
Co wash 1x a week
I use ORS no lye relaxer evey three months
ORS repleminshing pak with the co wash
When I dry my hair, I let it dry 80% and then blowdry it with fantasia IC heat protectant (pink bottle)
I wear braids or weaves to keep my hands and my students hands out of my hair.

That's about it...

onyxdreams

KiKi get out of my head lol I was just gonna ask the same thing. Op hang in there I'm sure with enough care and the right regime you will be in hair heaven.

MACgirl2k2

Nope, no vitamins...My diet..no red meat, my dialy 5 servings of fruits and veggies..I lost 21 pounds. No soda or diary. I guess I should try taking a vitamin.

feelfree

the question is...

"how you gonna fix it, fix it, fix it?"

naw but seriously...

what do you use to moisturize your hair on a daily basis?

Last edited:

lexi84

I wash my hair with shampoo every 2 weeks
Co wash 1x a week
I use ORS no lye relaxer evey three months
ORS repleminshing pak with the co wash
When I dry my hair, I let it dry 80% and then blowdry it with fantasia IC heat protectant (pink bottle)
I wear braids or weaves to keep my hands and my students hands out of my hair.

That's about it...

You dont use any protein?

MACgirl2k2

Good one feelfree..lol. I don't know girl. I'm going to make a salon appointment on my day off and see what happens. It might be over processed, but mostly breaking and very dry. Everytime O comb or brush it, it just pops off.

Protein...if its the replemishing pak..That's about it.

feelfree

seems like to me you need some moisture in your life.

tell me this, when you wake up in the morning and get ready for your day, what do you apply to your hair? how long do you keep your braids? are you in braids/weaves now?

onyxdreams

one of the first things I did when i started my journey was to take MSM and Gnc Hair vitamins.It has made my hair strong I have also tried biotin and vitamin b. I hardly use regular shampoo i do think it strips our hair of moisture.

Water in take,what is that like?
are you taking medication that can hinder progress?

Last edited:

MACgirl2k2

When I get up, I brush my hair and put on a phonytail. I took my braids down last month. I use the fantasia IC olive oil gel to slick back my hair. ( see my avatar? that's my work/school hairdo...lol) Sometimes I put the ORS olive oil on my hair but then other times I'm rushing so I won't be late for work. I'll admit it, I am totally clueless when it comes to hair care. I try but keep slipping into setbacks. :sad:

feelfree

thanks

if my name was MACgirl2k2, i would lay off da protein, including the ORS packs. many V05 conditioners contain collagen, silk protein, soy milk protein and so on. this combined with the light ORS protein, plus the lack of moisture = breakage.

next, i would find a nice, moisturizing conditioner for my co-wash, such as Trader Joe's Nourish Spa, and follow up with a good leave-in conditioner. my fave is Rusk Sensories Smoother.

daily i would wet the length of my hair with distilled water and follow up with a nice moisturizer. the key word for me would be daily. be sure to saturate your ends. the ORS olive oil moisturizer seems good; i've never used it.

wrap it nightly with a silk scarf. marshall's carries some nice 100% silk scarves for under $20.

i would lay off the gel. after you've slicked your recently moisturized hair into a ponytail, retie the scarf to make your edges and all lay down. i keep mine on for 5 minutes and it works well.

don't cut it, just give it a drink. it's thirsty!

again, this was if i were you. :yep:

Last edited:

Jazala

Looks like some sound advice given above. :yep: Only thing that I can add is maybe lay off the brushing. Depending on what kind you are using, this could be a daily source of mechanical damage.

Keshieshimmer

I think you have the advice that you need. But it looks really thick, I wouldn't cut it off. Do some deep conditioning, that should help.

n_vizion

You may also want to consider using natural oils in your routine. You can use some olive, jojoba, coconut in your pre-poo and a few drops before you wrap your hair up at night and maybe in the morning. See if that helps along with the other great advice in this thread.

nappystorm

Mine did that bout 2 years ago. It would do nothing but frizz. I bought curl definers, conditioners and everything. I was just about to say *** it and do a relaxer an Rhianna bob. In a last ditch effort I put in micros for 8 weeks...and guess what? My curls came back!!!!! Just give your hair a rest I would suggest box braids or a sew in. Good luck!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Good one feelfree..lol. I don't know girl. I'm going to make a salon appointment on my day off and see what happens. It might be over processed, but mostly breaking and very dry. Everytime O comb or brush it, it just pops off.

Protein...if its the replemishing pak..That's about it.

Your regimen doesn't sound bad. Maybe you should avoid excessive combing and brushing if it is overprocessed. Combing and brushing too much is like giving your hair a hair cut everyday. And when you do comb, comb your hair in sections and treat your hair as if you are touching silk or a newborn baby's skin.

KAT25

when you go to the stylist don't let them cut it, your hair with moisture will be fine and swangin pretty in no time :)