October 1st, 2nd and 3rd - What Are Your Hair Plans??

JJamiah

Good Morning LHCF,
It's OCTOBER (tomorrow) already :)
This week I washed with HSH Chocolate Soy Milk Shampoo which is sulphate free. I rinsed and steamed under the steamer with Motions CPR, rinsed and applied Nexxus Emergencee for about 5-10 minutes (was running around doing things), rinsed and then applied Alter Ego on under a self heating cap for about 30 minutes. Rinsed, applied aphogee leave in and green tea. Got under the dryer for 5 minutes, applied some HerStyler Serum and blow dried the rest out. :)

I twisted up in a bun,

My hair definitely feels stronger doing this every 2 weeks :strong: . It is something I don't plan to stop. I flopped on this by accident as always. I was about to dish out the money for Dudley's DRC 28. But was like you have so much crap left, and told myself I had to use up the like before ordering it. NOW, I don't think I will, I think I will keep this partnership up for quite some time. LOL

My cousin came over and braided my hair in a beehive so I will be sporting my lace fronts for the next two to three weeks :D

SO LHCF What are your Hair Plans ???/

I have been lurking for two years so now I want to participate.
I have been natural for almost 2.5 years so I plan to protective style my hair as I always do every fall/winter. I will be washing and deep conditioning every week, applying a protein treatment every month, and twisting or braiding every week. Of course I will moisturize and seal on a daily basis. Thats all for my hair plans.

I'm mixing up a batch.of henna gloss. Will be clarifying with Aloe Rid before applying henna, then DC with Humectress. Apply leave ins and roller Set.

This weekend I'll be washing my hair with Mizani Phormula 7, doing a 5 minute protein treatment with Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, DCing with my mix of Nexxus Humectress, AO HSR, Roux PC, Oil & Honey, then following it up with a rollerset and flat ironing my roots. :yep:

I can't decide if I want to do a Henna Gloss or Cassia treatment.. I think either one I decide I will do a Xtreme Moisture Conditioning..I got it from TopMop Haven Blog she does that after her Henna Treatment since some people say Henna leaves their hair a little dry even after DC.. After that I may put some cornrows in or wear my bun.. I am transitioning

Last edited:
Heading back to Cancun with its salt water sea and hard water taps for a quick visit with friends. I'll be short on time and light on luggage, so I'm just taking my Trader Joe's Nourish Spa poo and con along with NTM Deep Recovery Mask to try and keep my hair resuscitated (hopefully). Moisturize with HS14 and seal with jojoba, air-dry in bun during day, hair up in clip for evenings with a little more jojoba added for shine, very low heat to curl side-swept bang and ends peeking out of clip. I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my hair from getting like straw on my frequent visits down there!

I plan to remove the braids, detangle, and do protein treatment (and then re-braid) after wearing these cornrows for 2 months! I'm giving myself the WHOLE weekend, so that I will take my time while detangling and removing the shed hair and not rush.

Gonna keep it simple this weekend since my braids are only 2 days old. Gonna cowash tonight so this weekend will probably just consist of twice daily moisturizing and perhaps a BM application. Not sure. weekends are lazy days for me.

I am not working for an entire week so I think that I will steam in some type of deep conditioner and apply a black rinse.

Next Friday, I will roller set and blow out the roots for a party and a special announcement to the family!

Self-Relaxing w/MBB Regular Lye
Mid-Step -- Not sure what I'll be using *maybe Redken Deep Fuel*
DC (under steamer) Jasmines
Apply Leave-In & Dry

I relaxed/ flat ironed today so I will maintain this style for the rest of the weekend and then rock a bantu knot out and put it in an updo!:grin:

I'm so bored with my hair :ohwell: I think I may cut some bangs this weekend... definitely going to do a protein treatment with eggs and a cheapie conditioner on dry hair, wash with Mizani Bontafying then deep condition with CON Moisture Extreme and rollerset...

Last edited:
No concrete plans, but I do know it will involve Roux PC. I've been slacking on it last coupla washes and I can tell the difference in my hair.

Time to clarify!!! It's my fave kind of wash day. It happens once a month and it's the cleanest my scalp feels all month. Then DC with AO HSR. Air-dry in six twists (w/ scarf method). Hmm.....still gotta figure out how I'm gonna style it....

I'm 10 weeks post, and this weekend, I'm going to try to (in braided sections):

1. Steam Aphogee 2 Minute in for 15 minutes.
2. Shampoo with Organix Tea Tree Mint.
3. Steam in Nexxus Humectress, Wheat Germ Oil, and Aloe Vera Juice for thirty minutes. Then I will let it cool and sit until whenever.
4. Use Porosity Control for one minute.
5. Apply HE LTR Leave-In, Chi Silk Infusion, and a touch of Castor Oil.
6. Rollerset.

I have a big test on Monday though and I have to study, so I may not be able to do this. In that case, I'm just going to:
1. Moisturize my Hair with TW Protective Mist Bodifier.
2. Seal with Castor Oil and a touch of some Argan Oil stuff I got from TJ Maxx.
3. Set my dry hair on flexi rods.
4. Wrap overnight.

Friday - Wearing it down and letting it rest from all the bunning I've been doing lately.

Saturday - Clarify with Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo, Wash with Motions Lavish Conditioning Shampoo, Deep Condition with Motions Moisture Plus.

Sunday - Cowash with something by Garnier. Haven't decided which one.

Shampoo w/ CHI Deep Brilliance
DC w/ WGO, Castor Oil and Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol...rinse
Apply Roux PC...rinse.
Use a leave-in...don't know which one though either Jane Carter's Revitalizing, GVP Leave-In (extreme anti-snap) or the Optimum Care Ultimate Strengthener...

Allow to air dry 50% clipped up then apply CHI Silk infusion, wrap and tie my silk scarf around my head.

I want to use the EVCO but its way too heavy for my hair...I've tried the amount of a pencil eraser my hair, unless I'm wearing a ponytail, just loses all its personality.

Saturday,I will be deep conditioning with Aussie 3min deep conditioner & ORS Replenishing conditioner(love this stuff).

It takes 3 days to stretch my hair, so by saturday, there should be more length & less shinkage.
I'm wearing my hair in a 1940's style on Saturday...twisted/rolled on the sides, with a full bun :grin:

I'm 13 weeks post right now. I'm trying to use up my conditioners so I can really downsize my stash and just tick to what works for me. I'm deep conditioning on dry hair with doo gro mega thick intense rebuilder mixed with castor oil. I bought this in the beginning of my HHJ when I thought I had thin hair..turns out it was just unhealthy. Now my hair is so thick it's almost hard to manage lol. But I'm going to this ball tonight in my hometown so i'm going to flatiron my hair today. After i rinse out the conditioner I'm going to put in my lacio lacio and alterna white truffle leave in. I'm going to spray my hair with chi ironguard and flat iron on 250/275. I may touch my roots up with the temp at 300 but I'm not too concerned about getting them that straight. Ill prolly deep condition again or cowash on Sunday night depending on how my hair holds up from Saturday and then bun for the rest of the week until i get a touch up.

Friday Oct 1st:
- Shampoo with CON (lather twice)
- Aphogee 2 min for some protein
- Deep condition with Kenra Moisturizing conditioner

Saturday Oct 2nd:
- DC on dry hair with AO GBP
- Co-wash with Suave Humectant
- Final rinse with porosity control
- Wash halfwigs

Yesterday I did nothing but moisturize and seal.

Today (right now)took braids out after 4 weeks. DC under heating cap with Sally's Argan Oil Mask (first time using it), apply leave in (mizani D'Tangle), airdry, braid back up

Tomorrow moisturize and seal

washing with CON red
DC with CON Argan Oil pack
french braiding so I can keep wearing wigs for the rest of the week

Back