OFFICIAL APL CHALLENGE UPDATES

tsmith said:
Thanks Lady, and you're next up for APL;) HHG

Thanks Tsmith...
This winter was a rough one for my hair...I trimmed some off, My hair is dry, dry, dry... But I am not giving up without a fight:swordfigh :hammer: :poke: :spank: ....

I love your hair...:love: :love: :love:

Miz Jackson said:
So I flat ironed my hair last night...and realized I made APL with a few hairs! YAY!!

Now I'll go back to being a good girl and not use heat;)

CONGRATS...:yay: :weird: :Flahsssss :clapping: :dance7: :clap: :bdance: :bouncy:

I'm still in the struggle. The back portion reached apl, but I trimmed it a little. The rest will be trimmed later to even up with the rest.

It'll get there some day...

LadyZ said:
Thanks Tsmith...
This winter was a rough one for my hair...I trimmed some off, My hair is dry, dry, dry... But I am not giving up without a fight:swordfigh :hammer: :poke: :spank: ....

I love your hair...:love: :love: :love:

Thank you lady, maybe you should have cowashed more if your hair was very dry. I did not have dry issues this winter because I kept my hair hidden/baggied and co washed darn near errday....Girl, you'll be there very soon.;)

I want in can I please join in on the challenge I hope to be apl between sep or dec.

My hair is very broken in the back so when I make it to apl I will stay there six months to a year until the short broken pieces catch up to apl. I would really like full apl.

I am in battle with dry ends as of now I think I will trim a inch and baggy the ends and see how that works.

Miz Jackson said:
So I flatironed my hair last night...and realized I made APL with a few hairs! YAY!!

Now I'll go back to being a good girl and not use heat;)

Congratulations, Miz Jackson, and all the others who have already made APL. :clapping:

I think I need another two inches. My goal is still May, but it is looking a little "iffy". Definately by June/July. (I know, I'm hedging. Forgive me. :look:)

I am armpit in the front and I should reach it in the back in May or June. I will post a pic in my siggy if I can figure it out.hhg

I am officially APL!!!:D
100_0305.jpg

deniseloc said:
I want in can I please join in on the challenge I hope to be apl between sep or dec.

My hair is very broken in the back so when I make it to apl I will stay there six months to a year until the short broken pieces catch up to apl. I would really like full apl.

I am in battle with dry ends as of now I think I will trim a inch and baggy the ends and see how that works.

Sure you can join denise;)

*repeat post from 6 month APL update thread*

as of April '07 -

I would say that 2 more inches would put me comfortably in the APL neighborhood. My fingers are crossed for June ' 07. Getting closer.
------------------------------------------------

@Wheezy - Congratulations! :wave:

I'm late, but I want to join!! :trampolin
My starting point is in my siggy. I think I can get to full APL by November.

MonaLisa said:
*repeat post from 6 month APL update thread*

as of April '07 -

I would say that 2 more inches would put me comfortably in the APL neighborhood. My fingers are crossed for June ' 07. Getting closer.
------------------------------------------------

@Wheezy - Congratulations! :wave:

Hey girl, how's it going. You'll get that 2 inches in no time. I bet at your next touchup or two:)

amr501 it's not too late this thread is ancient and has been ongoing since September. Although their are newer APL threads the ladies still give their updates in this APL thread.

tsmith said:
Hey girl, how's it going. You'll get that 2 inches in no time. I bet at your next touchup or two:)

:wave:Hola! Hanging in there....tryin ta grow some hair...:look: :p

From your lips to my hair follicles, I'm putting it out in the universe for this to be true;) -- I'm shooting for next touch up since it looks like it's at APL when wet now.

I was supposed to be on the list......this is my first challenge and now I'm feeling all left out!!!!!! Please put me on the list....So I can feel like I'm apart of something:lol: :lol:

Well I have a question does anyone feel that their goal will now be pushed up due to BT or something else????

about 2 inches left for me (I want FULL apl before I claim it because I've been waiting soooo long)... I sooo don't remember if I even joined this challenge.

me too.. i think if i get these 2 inches in three months..... then i should be there. if not, the definately by august/september

I want to join :D . I've made the decision to grow my hair back. Right now, I'm way above ear length (currently a Halle Berry like cut). Hopefully I can be at APL by this time next year. We'll see. :look:

I'm doing alright. My lilttle 'rat tail' is grazing APL, I just hope that the rest of my hair is able to catch up in the next couple of months. I need to take some new progress pics. I just recently started MSM, so maybe that will help me out a little.

TSmith..., please remove Ivanay from the list. Name changed.

tsmith said:
Challengers:

tsmith
redRiot
dontspeakdefeat
Stunningmane
Blkbeautyhair
peacelove
Ms Kraft
victorious
kristie21
TSUprincess04
VWVixxen
Citygirl
gharp001
sassyhair
princesmich
leleepop
Miz Jackson
M J
ONAMSHN
ak46
ubavka123
sweetgal
Wishin4BSL-Achieved
HighlyFavored1
sareca-Achieved
bmoreflyygirl
ella
caribeandiva
longhairluva
gradygirl
Mom23
Sherylin123
ariesluv
caramelty
cluelessaka
nap2bfree
renae226
EMJazzy
ravenmerlita
plove
Imani
ms-tyler
LadyZ
mytialpn
nubianqt86
soul sista
mightyisis6874
missnurselady
DAX
CurliDiva
EbonyPerez
divinefavor
Recherchbeauty
Naijaqueen
natstar
Hair Peace
zora
rootdeep
vikkisecret
Saida
SkinnyMocah
msstarelite
SILKE74
breezy
ivanay
metalkitty
fallback
jaded_faerie
tld723
Ms Twana
mika vs sasha
ShimmieGirl
pinkopulence
OnPoint
CalJay
snoopy1me
dicapr
Lavender
CityGirl
Ebonygurl00
keldevine
aprilj
skoloco
GoGoChik
babygurl969-Achieved
Asha97-Achieved
Inhair
peacelove
determined to grow
curlyj
missnappylady
LAYDEE
Sarel
Buttaflye03
Nymphe
fiasca
e$h
karma1981
Ntrlmystik
Royal Glory
mch5683
Dannygirl
belle reveuse28
chenai
PinkPebbles
Miss. Que

What is considered APL? My nape almost hit to that point, but I have layers :( and the shortest is below my ear. Do I have to wait to most of it catches up to APL? or if one section hits it (i.e. nape area) would that be ok?

Oh wow I forgot all about this challenge. I BCed my hair after joining... How long is this running? My hair has grown back pretty fast (i'm at neck length now) I'm guessing it should be APL by the end of the year.

Last edited:
I WANNA JOIN ...ADD ME TO THE LIST !!!!...I hope its not to late I didnt even kno about this challege...where has it been ....I started off in Jan2007 at shoulder length now im like a few inched form APL.

Back