Hide Your Hair Til April Fools 2007 Challenge

Incredible1ne

I'm still in there and I'm seeing some growth :). I was in cornrows but now I'm going to do half wigs for the remainder of the challenge.

MrsQueeny

So far I have another inch since starting the challenge. I have my hair in cornrows and hidden under scarfs of different colors. I am loving playing with styling the scarfs. I wash at least twice a week and apply my homemade MTG or herbal mix twice a week. Once a month I clarify, deep condition, and redo my braids. I also put castor oil on my ends as needed. I am going to go a little past April 1 with this challenge and then show off my progress on Easter by getting it pressed or using the maxiglide, if I breakdown and buy one, lol. I think for the last month I am going to bump up my regimen by washing and applying my homemade MTG or herbal mix 3 times a week minimum and then cowashing the other 4 days.Q

DOING GREAT!!!! Had to get a relaxer and trim this past weeekend and I am officially APL!!!:grin: :bouncegre :love: :bouncy: :woot: The stylist even said that my hair was so strong (first time I ever go a compliment from a stylist!!!). I'm back to bunning and I'm excited to see more progress in the next month or so. I am sooo happy I joined this challenge and I can't wait until April 1st.

Now I just have to figure out how to get my pics off my camera phone:confused:

Last edited:

tijay

karmelsassy said:
DOING GREAT!!!! Had to get a relaxer and trim this past weeekend and I am officially APL!!!:grin: :bouncegre :love: :bouncy: :woot: The stylist even said that my hair was so strong (first time I ever go a compliment from a stylist!!!). I'm back to bunning and I'm excited to see more progress in the next month or so. I am sooo happy I joined this challenge and I can't wait until April 1st.

Congrats!!! Cant wait to see some pic!

pistachio

Update: I'm cheating tomorrow. We get a "free pass" for birthdays and special occasions, and since I hid my hair on my birthday, then I'm gonna take my free pass tomorrow instead for my cousin's birthday since I'm going out! *please don't hit me RabiaElaine*!!

CAPlush

karmelsassy said:

I don't know what kind of phone you have, but if you have Sprint there is a way to email them to yourself.

glamazon386

pistachio said:
Update: I'm cheating tomorrow. We get a "free pass" for birthdays and special occasions, and since I hid my hair on my birthday, then I'm gonna take my free pass tomorrow instead for my cousin's birthday since I'm going out! *please don't hit me RabiaElaine*!!

I used my pass too yesterday... :sekret:

Hair Peace

I'm still in...I shampooed over the weekend and I spray every night with my water, Cantu, and Jamaican mango and lime oil concoction. My ng feels really soft. I plan on taking the twists out April 7th and then waiting at least a week (maybe 2) b4 I get a relaxer.

Ariana4000

I'm still in too. I've been wearing a half wig. I don't know how long my hair is (I haven't been combing either). I'm getting a relaxer this weekend though. We shall see.

tonia682

bmoreflyygirl said:
I used my pass too yesterday... :sekret:

LOL!!!I got a touch up last night. I wore my hair out(first time since Jan. 14) to work. One of my kindergarteners said "Mrs. Smith, you wore your hair out?!?!?!!?":eek: :lol: . I am amazed with what these kids pick up on! I assured her that on Monday my hair will be back up! I wish I took a pix on the 14th, however, my SO said my hair has grown! I'm about 3" from APL.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
My ends are suffering. I may have to ditch the challenge.:ohwell: Can I use a rollerset as a PS? My hair has grown some, but I feel like I'm losing the battle.:(

bellesocialite

karmelsassy said:

Congrats! I'm so happy for you :) Can't wait to see pics..I hope I'm APL by the end of the challenge

I can't wait to see how my hair has progressed. When moisturizing my hair at night, I see that it seems to be getting longer. I'm getting a touch up next weekend so I'll be able to see then.
I'm still going strong with hiding my hair. Once the challenge is over, I am DEF. taking a break from protective styles and let it ALLL hang out :grin:

fallback

I'm still in trying to stretch my relaxer until the 14th of March. My hair is starting to shed because it's relaxer time. I'm still bunning and wearing phony ponies!!!:D

ladylibra

oh my goodness, i'm so bored... :( protective styles always do this to me, even though i know the end result is worth it...

maybe i need to switch up my hairstyle, but still find a way to comply with the HYH challenge...

caligirl2385

I'M STILL HANGING IN THERE. TOOK OUT MY WEAVE THIS WEEK AND HAVE BEEN IN BUNS SINCE. I CAN'T WAIT TO RELAX AND WEAR MY HAIR DOWN.

kinascott

I FAILED!!!:crying3: I COULDN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE.:wallbash: I WAS SO BORED WITH THE BUNNING. I DIDN'T EVEN FEEL DRESSED UP. EVERYONE AT WORK WAS LIKE 'YOUR LOOKS VERY NICE' MY DAUGHTER WAS LIKE MOMMY I HATE THAT BUN. I DID MY BEST THIS WAS THE LONGEST:ohwell:

tijay

I'm hanging in there too...I've been rocking my sew-in so it's kind of easy. The main challenge is resisting the urge to take out my sew-in before the end of my 4 month relaxer stretch... but I think I'll make it.
I can't wait to see everyone's results! Just about a month to go!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I accidently found a new PS that helped me get back on the challenge. I only wore my hair out 1 day. I guess that was my pass.:naughty:

Nice & Wavy

One more month ladies....just one more month.

Wear your hair out at home and take pics for your fotki, if that would help. It's helping me.......alot!

Aveena

I failed! I've done braid outs all week cuz I have a busy social schedule :( I'll be back on the wagon next week.

LaNecia

Nice & Wavy said:
One more month ladies....just one more month.

Wear your hair out at home and take pics for your fotki, if that would help. It's helping me.......alot!

Yeah, TJ is about tired of my buns and updo's. :(

Nanyanika

e$h said:
I'm witcha Den1. Count me out:(
girl, my hair has been actin up, it's actually my own fault, and i have take my hair down to monitor progress.

OT: Your hair looks soo beautiful

e$h

den1 said:
girl, my hair has been actin up, it's actually my own fault, and i have take my hair down to monitor progress.

OT: Your hair looks soo beautiful

Awwwww! Thank you Sweetness.

Girl mine has been actin up too. I anticipated my hair looking one way but unfortunately it's not looking good. I'm working on it though. :ohwell: