Hide Your Hair Til April Fools 2007 Challenge

Nanyanika

e$h said:
Awwwww! Thank you Sweetness.

Girl mine has been actin up too. I anticipated my hair looking one way but unfortunately it's not looking good. I'm working on it though. :ohwell:
your welcome, but your hair looks fine too me!!!
i've sort of, had enough so i'm going on the c and g challenge instead and back to taking all my vits.

growingbrown

I am hanging in there. I have been hiding my hair actually since November and I am loving the results. My hair loves not having heat on it. The relaxer showed me how well my hair has been doing. :D I have not trimmed my hair since October and my end look great. I still have not trimmed. I think I will continue to hide my hair until my next touch up which should be in June! Wish me luck ladies. And thank you again to all of you ladies who offer advice to help us with the health and growth of our hair. I am still taking all my vitamins and only missed a couple of days when I was sick. See you in April or June:look: .

esoterica

i'm getting my hair re-done in a week so i'll be too early for this challenge. will probably reveal in June. how is everyone doing?

cocopuff

I have had my hair in twist extensions since January 31 so my hair has been hidden for almost 8 weeks. I am trying to hold out until April 1 but I have been tempted to take my twists out this week. The only thing keeping me from doing that is the fact that I know I will not want to tangle with my own thick head of hair when I do take the twists out.

hondahoney007

I'm still bunning. I'm getting a color put in next week, I got a touch up last week. Come April 1st, I won't be at brastrap but I will have a nice color and be closer to brastrap than when I started the challenge. Good luck ladies!!!!!

Incredible1ne

I know we're only 10 days ago but I'm going to have to pull out :( I've cut most the little progress I had because of splits and my hairline is all shot to hell from the wigs. I'm going to have to stop now before I have the Brandy hairline. Good luck to the rest of you ladies and I look forward to looking at your hair April 1st.

sxyhairfetish

I think I am doing ok? I'm getting good growth with my braids especially while im using boundless tresses. The growth rate is crazy. Thanks naturallady! :D I hope my thickness is still there because I still have been shedding and I havent had a good trim in exactly a year. So I'm working on it. I am trying to grow back my hairline and so far so good, so this will definitely be a sight to see come april fools. I may wait even longer!

Lucia

pistachio said:
Next week we'll be half way there! I'm still bunning! I was kinda pissed off @ my boss yesterday because he made a reference to my "kitchen" and tried to laugh about it. I'm not the type of person who brags about things but that pissed me off so my reply was "So what? At least the rest of it is long!", and I pointed to a spot on my back. He said "Oh well, ..." I couldn't hear the rest because he mumbled, but it goes to show you that it shut him up real good since I know that wife of his is trying to grow her hair out too. (I don't like her either) I was almost tempted to wear it out today just to really shut him up, but I think I'll hold out until April!

BAM what's that the sound of your hair hitting them in the face, :lol:
Just ignore them, people always trying to mess up someone elses thing.

Naphy

I didn't have take any pic of my hair........ ! So I think I failed this challenge (but I have never showed my hair during this time ! always in bun or braids...)

Hair Peace

cocopuff said:
I have had my hair in twist extensions since January 31 so my hair has been hidden for almost 8 weeks. I am trying to hold out until April 1 but I have been tempted to take my twists out this week. The only thing keeping me from doing that is the fact that I know I will not want to tangle with my own thick head of hair when I do take the twists out.

Okay... so I just took ONE out!:eek: The suspense was killing me!:D So far, so good. No matting, no build-up. I think I'm going to use my spray bottle to help take them down (water, lacio lacio, mango and lime oil) as opposed to the better braids spray. I'll detangle with my shower comb first, then go over it with a smaller (but not fine tooth) comb.

I still plan on keeping it under wraps until my touch-up on the 5th. DH will be the only one to see it b/c he's helping me take them down.:kiss:

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
Update for me: I won't be reaveling as scheduled on April 1st because I still have about 1 month before my retouch (maybe even longer...). Nevertheless, I've been faithfully hiding my hair since Jan and I do intend to take and post comparison pics after my touch-up. Does this mean I've flunked out of the challenge because I'll be extending the deadline? :ohwell: Good luck to everyone else; I can't wait to see everyone's results.

blac_quarian said:
Update for me: I won't be reaveling as scheduled on April 1st because I still have about 1 month before my retouch (maybe even longer...). Nevertheless, I've been faithfully hiding my hair since Jan and I do intend to take and post comparison pics after my touch-up. Does this mean I've flunked out of the challenge because I'll be extending the deadline? :ohwell: Good luck to everyone else; I can't wait to see everyone's results.
I hope not becasue I plan on doing the same thing. My next touch up is April 29th and I plan on revealing then. I've also beeen bunning since January and have my before pics ready.

glamazon386

blac_quarian said:

Nope. I'm sure you won't be the only person revealing late. I just got braids this past thursday so I'm just gonna use my before pics from that day as my reveal.

Lucia

OK, I did my reveal pics but I'm calling them "unofficial" b/c it's just stretched length I wont have time to straighten and I'm weaving it back up. But I will flat iron in May/Jun for a more official straight length.

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

I won't be revealing til around April 25th or so...I am 8 weeks post and I'm determined to stretch to 12 weeks THIS time FORREAL:perplexed

aprilj

I'll be hiding until the 1st week of May. Currently I am 5 weeks post and it's a little too early to relax. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone else's pics :) . Good luck and Congrats to everyone on your progress.

Nice & Wavy

Well, it seems as though everyone is pretty much "NOT" revealing until the end of April or beginning of May....so, I'm not going to show my pics either until then.

CAPlush

I'm revealing on schedule:look: It's nothing spectacular, but it's longer now than it was in December. I'm sure some others will reveal too.

MzOptimistic

CAPlush said:
I'm revealing on schedule:look: It's nothing spectacular, but it's longer now than it was in December. I'm sure some others will reveal too.

I hope so because I'm ready to see sum hurrr:)

Radianthealth

I am not in the challenge but my photos will "drop" in the second week of May:)

I can't wait to see everyone's progress. May will be the end of my 6 month stretch and I am excited.

BeatriceFly

I'm not revealing until May 19th
That evening actually
Sorry guys!!!
I MIGHT consider it blowing it out just for April Fools and for the sake of this challenge
But IONO

Lucia

adding:
I have my stretched and curly pics posted already the straight ones coming later

Last edited: