OFFICIAL Half-Wig Thread (Gallery & Info)

i ordered new born free kelly, oute monica and hz7050..cant wait to receive them

Last edited:
I like this thread. I've recently been trying to half wig it to past BSL. I bought Tammy but I'm cool on her. Something about the point of it makes me fee like a conehead, lol. I went to the local BSS and bought a Motown Tress 2 in 1.

e85pxl.jpg

It's an Lg something or other with the bangs. I love it and people genuinely think it's mine. It's so cool! I wear a headband in there because I don't wear any hair out.

I am a newbie with half wigs but I would like to try one. I went to hairsisters.com and saw a half wig called Freetress synthetic drawstring fullcap creta girl. I saw it and fell in love. I live in Toronto, Canada does anyone know what the shipping is like and the customer service is like from hairsisters. For colour selections there are two options but I would want jet black and maybe brown highlights what combination would that be? If anyone is in Toronto can they suggest a bss where I could find this wig?

Ctosha beware the Creta wig. As others have pointed out earlier in this thread, this wig is big, bushy and too hot for S. Fla. weather. It's not for day-to-day use. I wore the wig on my birthday and since it was ok to be dramatic, the Diana-Ross style wasn't so bad but still I look at my photos and wish I had worn a cuter, toned-down version. Needless to say, I wasted my $20 because I haven't worn Creta since.

This is a great alternative to Nia Girl; I really like this wig. Just got it from Blackhairspray.com; Sensationnel Instant Weave Color HZ-7046 Color #2 (I did a full review on it on the blog)
DSC02693.JPG

And my Oprah wig (R&B Collection) is still holding strong...Month 5. :yep:
DSC02671.JPG

Last edited:
I just got my first half wig its Sensationnel Instant Weave
SYNTHETIC HALF WIG INSTANT WEAVE HZ-7060
I like how it looks i will post pics later.

Oh ok, I'm still trying to get a hang of Sensationnel's color palette...they are so dark in comparison to other hair company's color number system. That half wig looks so cute on you anyways and I like that color! :)

FINALLY posting pics of me wearing Jessica. I'm not sure about her now that I have her. :lol: I think I like my trusted Janet better. I'm taking a short break from half wigs right now.

Attachments

• DSCN2216.jpg
    DSCN2216.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN2217.jpg
    DSCN2217.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN2218.jpg
    DSCN2218.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 99
Does anyone know if a good straight hair half wig that would blend nicely with relaxed/texlaxed hair? I would like to do straight hair next, but haven't seen a nice one.

This is my first wig/half wig ever and I love it!! Its by Sensational HZ-7021. I cut it a bit. I think i will wear half wigs for a while to give my hair a much needed break. Its box braided underneath, and i have been baggying the ends.Sorry about the pics I had to use my webcam.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if a good straight hair half wig that would blend nicely with relaxed/texlaxed hair? I would like to do straight hair next, but haven't seen a nice one.

Are you looking for human or synthetic? Long or short? This was my favorite one back when I was a freshman in college. It blended with my relaxed hair nicely.

yhst-2519492840586_2105_291371879

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

girl didnt you read what I posted..that sucka is GYNORMOUS and it is only good for the weekends and going out.

The funny thing is I did read your post. :lol: IDK what I was thinking. It's not so bad from the front but the back? :nono: Looks like there's a bald horse somewhere shivering. I usually like big hair but that wig was too big even for me.

It didn't look like that on the mannequin in the store or in the photos I saw online.

^^I wanted to try that sensationnel one. How long did it hold up???

I kept it for a while. Maybe a few months? That was back in like 2003. Their human wigs do shed and thin out after a while. Let me see if I can dig up a picture for you. I think that was the one I wore to my ex's prom.

Last edited:
These are random cell phone pictures from sometime in 2004. I had to have been 17 or 18 here. I was relaxed back then with bangs.

I also wore this long synthetic straight IW for a period of time. Oddly the hair on the synthetic wig seemed thicker than the human one. It held up pretty well for $20 though. I used to keep one in my stash as a just in case hairdo. :lol:

yhst-2519492840586_2105_297288814

My leave out hair was natural and flat ironed in the first pic. I was a few months post relaxer in the second. I used to just put EQP glaze on my edges and brush them down.

Thanks, glam. that's pretty much the look I'm goin for. :yep: I guess with the current length of my hair I'd have more of a long side swept bang in the front, which is what I want.

Back