Official John Paul II and John XXIII Canonization Thread

Galadriel

Blessed Pope John Paul II
(born Karol Wojtyla, from Poland)

• Pope from 1979 - 2005
  • Known as the most traveled pope in history (104 trips!)
  • Helped defeat Communism in his native Poland
  • A Fatima and Divine Mercy devotee

Blessed Pope John XXXIII

(born Angelo Roncalli, from Italy)

• Pope from 1958 - 1963
  • Best known for convening the Vatican II Council
  • Known as the "Good Pope John"

Please feel free to add to the thread: your thoughts, interesting facts, news on the canonizations, miracles, intercessions, etc. :yep:

Last edited:

Galadriel

"Stand up," Mora recalls the image of the pope saying to her. "Don't be afraid."

Mora, her doctors and the Catholic Church say her aneurysm disappeared that day in a miracle that cleared the way for the late pope to be declared a saint on April 27 in a ceremony at the Vatican where Mora will be a guest of honour.

For Mora, the church-certified miracle was only the start of her metamorphosis from an ill and desperate woman into an adored symbol of faith for thousands of Costa Ricans and Catholics around the world.

Mora, 50, has been greeting a stream of local and international visitors in her modest home in a middle-class neighbourhood outside the Costa Rican capital, and accepts invitations to as many as four Masses a day. The faithful have given her so many letters to deliver to current pontiff Pope Francis that she has had to buy an extra suitcase.

Mora has suspended her late-in-life law studies and much of her work for her family security business to dedicate herself full-time to her role as a symbol of faith for many in Costa Rica.

"With all of this going on I appreciate having my own business, because if I had a boss, they would have already fired me for missing so much work," she joked.

She says she ignores skeptics who doubt she was really healed.

"Everyone can think what they want," she told The Associated Press during a visit to her home. "What I know is that I am healthy."

Read more...

Galadriel

Pope John XXIII

"Jesus, here I am once more. … The Church has called me; you invite me: Lo, I come. I have no pretensions; I have no preconceived plans; I am trying to strip myself of all that is self; I am no longer my own. My soul is open before you, like a blank sheet of paper. Write on it what you will, O Lord: I am yours," wrote seminarian Angelo Roncalli in 1903, as published in John XXIII’s autobiography, Journal of a Soul (McGraw Hill: 1965).

These words capture John XXIII’s attitude of generous service and trusting faith, an attitude that is consistent with the 66 years of reflection that he provided in this one book.

He began his journal in 1895, when he was a 14-year-old seminarian, and he completed it in 1962, when he was an 81-year-old pope.

Edited by his secretary, Msgr. Loris Capovilla, and first published in 1964, the work also contains some letters, a spiritual testament, the pope’s apostolic letter on the Rosary, an appendix of other prayers and, finally, biographical notes leading up to his death in 1963.

Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/site/arti...s-john-xxiiis-generous-service/#ixzz300sgsCBB

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
To Our Precious Catholic Sisters:

Congratulations. I mean this. Congratulations and I love each of you very much.

Shimmie :love3:

Galadriel

To Our Precious Catholic Sisters:

Congratulations. I mean this. Congratulations and I love each of you very much.

Shimmie :love3:

Shimmie thank you!

I'm so excited these two popes are being honored. They were definitely hardworking bishops.

And, tomorrow is also Divine Mercy Sunday, the day we celebrate Jesus' Mercy for us, the love He has for each soul, and His willingness to die on the Cross for our sins though He Himself was sinless and innocent.

Jesus, I trust in You!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
@Shimmie thank you!

I'm so excited these two popes are being honored. They were definitely hardworking bishops.

And, tomorrow is also Divine Mercy Sunday, the day we celebrate Jesus' Mercy for us, the love He has for each soul, and His willingness to die on the Cross for our sins though He Himself was sinless and innocent.

Jesus, I trust in You!

Amen, "Jesus, I trust You!" Forever, Amen.