OH MY GOD, I RELAXED MY NATURAL HAIR!!!

pebbles

LOL, Hi Mufasa!

nissi

den, even though it's messy, hennalucent did wonders for my natural pressed hair anti reversion. give it a try...

happylocks

I hope you are ready for that, I chose not to go permed because I think my hair will be more sensative and break easy,U r one of my natural role models
but I think your hair will look great with the right perm and you have the forum so all should go well
good luck, (If this picture come out, here is a natural for the long hair site)

happylocks

It seem like she handles her hair ok, it look little messy, but I would say she is type 3, and 4, and that hair looks hair to care for, oh
, look at the cute little girl's hair, it is some much and she is so young, very cute

Nanyanika

Thanks Nissi, for recommending hennalucent as an anti-reversion for naturally pressed hair. May I ask, how it should be used?

Nanyanika

Happylocks, that lady's hair is so long and beautiful
she looks like a type 3 to me. I couldn't possibly imagine what its like combing and washing that length and density of hair
oo:

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
okay...thats a lot of hair!.... How the heck does she handle all that!

[/ QUOTE ]
- I dont know, hehe I not sure if I want too,I wonder how heavy it is when it is wet and the washing and product list must be long
(but cool)

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
Happylocks, that lady's hair is so long and beautiful
she looks like a type 3 to me. I couldn't possibly imagine what its like combing and washing that length and density of hair
oo:

[/ QUOTE ]

Den, this could be the hair future for you
, I know that there was a cermic iron on Maury, I hear the man say that it will leave you hair straight after and number of uses like a perm Ur hair is beautiful now I dont know really want to tell you, but if u plan to grow that long maybe that is what it will look like natural
, Do what is best for u and your future hair, I think with the forum all can go well wish you the best

Nanyanika

Your joking, I wouldn't want my hair THAT LONG. I'm having enough trouble as it is, with styling and washing the damn thing. I am planning to grow my natural to, above tailbone first before making any final decisions. I heard about that ceramic flat iron, sounds a bit dangerous to me, it has to damage to leave your hair straight, likewise relaxing.

canuck

late to the post, but den1, mustafa you all have nice hair. I think my hair will look like mustafa's in terms of the length and the coils when it gets longer.

as a natural head, i would hate to see you guys go the way of the chemicals, but as a member of the site, i would respect your choice if you did.

thanks for sharing your hairstories, ladies.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Den, I think with the ceramic iron thing you would probably have to use that on a daily basis to get that permanent straightening effect. I know you would never use that frequency of heat on your beautiful locks. Before my braids I was using my iron once weekly and I think that is the most I could do because I don't like excessive heat.

The thing I like most about it is, when I used it on the highest heat(410 degrees) it did not scorch my hair like a regualr pressing comb would. I have 4a hair. I love it and I will continue to use it ever so often when I want that straight silky look!

Chakira

Mufasa: your hair is gorgeous...
Hopefully someday soon my will look like that!

Den: I'm sure whatever you decide, your hair will still be beautiful, because you know how to care for it. keep us posted!!!

Nanyanika

Thanks Chakira for your positive and encouraging words, I'll certainly keep everyone posted with my decision

nissi

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Nissi, for recommending hennalucent as an anti-reversion for naturally pressed hair. May I ask, how it should be used?

[/ QUOTE ]

no problem, den!
ok, here's the run down.
hennalucent is a henna-based conditioner. hennalucent is not 100% henna. (henna is a vegetable-based dye used by many indo-asiatic women. u should look it up in the search engine; also mahalialee is a big henna advocate.) you can get hennalucent with or without color. it is completely natural and doesn't lift the color or damage the hair; what it does is lightly coats the hair shaft. it's like a mud mask for the hair.
it's conditioning effects last about a month or two and then you have to reapply. it did not alter my curl pattern; i still had to press but had more manageability.

It comes as a powder that u mix with warm or hot water. some of the ladies add olive oil to it, but once you mix it, it's about the consistency of cake mix. then you apply it to dry hair and let it sit like a conditioner (chk the directions for how long; i think i would sit like an hour or so. also u with your length would probably need more than one package. btw, it's about $5.99 or so.) then u rinse it out, use a moisturizing conditioner and style your hair as usual. it's been a long time so my memory may be foggy on whether u shampoo.
maybe someone else knows or check on the box.

My mom used it on my hair as a youth/teen before i finally got a perm, and then she would press my hair. Even I noticed the difference in body, strength and health; w/o being vain, my hair was great back then, super bouncy.
i loved my hair back then.
if it weren't such an inconvenience for me to transition, i probably would go back that way.

so you may wish to give it a try after you do your research. also, i think caramela is a hennalucent fan too and u know her wonderful hair.
so best wishes whatever you decide!

Nanyanika

Nissi, thanks for your help, you've offered lots of information on the hennalucent product, I will try it as soon as possible.

Lucia

WHAT????

ok I almost fell out the chair when I read this, but even though you are a natural hair inspiration we will support whatever you choose. But PLEASE think about it and get as informed about the good and the bad concerning relaxers or texturizers before you do anything don't just change out of boredom or temporary weather changes. I personally have had terrible experiences with relaxers form not being knowledgeable and my hair can't take the chemicals.
hth

nissi

anytime den, tell me how it goes when u do! also edited to say, check the "Paging the Hennaphiliac Gals" thread for more info from henna/lucent users.

Nanyanika

Lucia, my decision to apply chemicals to my hair is not based on boredom or temporary weather changes, I've been a natural all my life, a change in the natural state of my hair could be a positive and fulfiling experience also, and why not? I have the secret to long, healthy, strong hair, whether I remain natural or relaxer. Thanks for the support

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Den, if u want to keep yr nat hair, but have a relaxed look for a change, why not opt for a weave or a wig? U keep nat hair and have variety, hnmm? If i had hair as beautiful as yours, I wouldn't take the plunge too quickly.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
NC, y did u bump this old thread? I almost got confused because isn't den1 texturized now??? :confused: