So much natural hair support

LoveisYou

Today I was talking to a group of my friends/associates about the temptaion I have to relax my natural hair. These ppl. have seen my natural progress since I bc'ed for the second time in October 2009. Each and every person begged me not to relax. I mean most of these women are relaxed and many have healthy long relaxed hair. They were suggesting every alternative in the book to avoid getting a relaxer (pressing, getting a weave or braids, getting my hair done professionally etc.) Honestly, I was sort of floored by the support considering that so many of the women are relaxed. They warned me that relaxers are permanent, told me that natural hair is so versatile etc. Many of them told me that they enjoyed seeing me progress from a fade through the different phases of the twa.

Wow, I made this thread because the level of of support I received is worth sharing with you guys. I feel some sort of pride seeing so many of my sisters embrace natural hair outside of the boards.

JustSimplyTish

It is so great when you get first hand support in your personal life.....I get a lot of support from my relaxed friends and family as well...They all love my journey and wish they were on it...They just can't bear to get rid of their length and don't want the hassle of transitioning...But I am supportive of them as well...I encourage them that it is not as bad as they think...it is just hair after all..but if they choose to continue relaxing that is fine too...it's a personal decision not a wrong one.