Oh my goodness. It's been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allandra

...four years as of today (October 27) since I had my last relaxer. I am still so glad I made the decision to go natural. I love being natural. It feels so darn good.

Keeping it simple has been working out well for my hair, and I really like having my products at a minimum.

I'll be updating my siggy pic when I get my hair done in November. :)

Shampoos:
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa

Conditioners:
Aubrey Organics GPB Balancing (been using this since 2000)
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Trader Joe Nourish Spa

Leave in Conditioners:
Giovanni Direct
Kinky Curly Knot Today

Moisturizers:
Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream
Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Butter Cream

Oils:
Camden-Grey (Pure) Argan Oil

Serum:
Sabino Moisture Block

Gel:
Eco Styler Moroccan Argan Oil Styling Gel
Kinky Curly Curling Custard

SuchaLady

Your first dusting was on my birthday :grin: But that hair is so lush! If that was mine I would swing it all day.

Chanteuse

Congratulations Allandra!! Your hair has always been one of my favorites - even when it was only a picture in my mind's eye - lol. When I finally got to see an actual picture I wasn't even surprised by how beautiful it was. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and your progress has been outstanding. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Allandra

First of all, your hair is insanely beautiful. The thickness, the shine ... everything!!

Second, I'm lovin' the fact that we have the EXACT same list of staple products. :lol: The only thing missing from your list that I love is Aubrey Organics White Camellia. Other than that, our lists are pretty much the same.

So tell me ... how do you wear your hair daily?

Allandra

@Allandra

First of all, your hair is insanely beautiful. The thickness, the shine ... everything!!

Second, I'm lovin' the fact that we have the EXACT same list of staple products. :lol: The only thing missing from your list that I love is Aubrey Organics White Camellia. Other than that, our lists are pretty much the same.

So tell me ... how do you wear your hair daily?
@TaraDyan :wave:

Great minds think alike.

Now tell me. Is this the AO White Camellia Shampoo or Conditioner or both? :look:

Once a month I go to my stylist to get my hair flat ironed. I will wear my hair straight for one to two weeks (heck, I've even gone as long as three :blush: ). During that one to three weeks, I will wear my hair down a few times, but I never wear it down each day. :nono: When my stylist does my hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, heat protectant, blow dry OR roller set, flat iron. I haven't flat ironed my own hair since October 2010. Now when I do my own hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, moisturize, style, air dry. So my daily style will either be: a bun (which I have ALWAYS loved, two flat twists (pinning them up instead of letting them hang), a single braid, a single twist or a French twist. So, when I do my own hair, I always let it air dry, and sometimes I can wear my style for several days without redoing it each day (gosh I absolutely love that because I get up early in the morning Monday through Friday). Keeping it simple is wonderful, and I truly do believe less is more because I really do believe that's what keeps my hair growing nicely.

Last edited:

TaraDyan

@TaraDyan :wave:

Great minds think alike.

Now tell me. Is this the AO White Camellia Shampoo or Conditioner or both? :look:

Once a month I go to my stylist to get my hair flat ironed. I will wear my hair straight for one to two weeks (heck, I've even gone as long as three :blush: ). During that one to three weeks, I will wear my hair down a few times, but I never wear it down each day. :nono: When my stylist does my hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, heat protectant, blow dry OR roller set, flat iron. I haven't flat ironed my own hair since October 2010. Now when I do my own hair, the regimen is: shampoo, deep condition, moisturize, style, air dry. So my daily style will either be: a bun (which I have ALWAYS loved, two flat twists (pinning them up instead of letting them hang), a single braid, a single twist or a French twist. So, when I do my own hair, I always let it air dry, and sometimes I can wear my style for several days without redoing it each day (gosh I absolutely love that because I get up early in the morning Monday through Friday). Keeping it simple is wonderful, and I truly do believe less is more because I really do believe that's what keeps my hair growing nicely.

Thanks for the breakdown. Your regimen sounds like a winner. I truly believe that less is more ... as evidenced by your phenomenal retention.

As for Aubrey Organics White Camellia: I'm gonna need you to get on that train stat. They have both a shampoo and conditioner, but I've only used the conditioner. It is simply one of the best moisturizing conditioners I've ever tried.

I urge you to give it a go. :yep:

Allandra

Forgot to add another style that I like to wear my hair in is a curly puff.

Here's two pics that I took in August (curly puff and a twisted ponytail).

Also a July pic of my twist out (had two flat twist in my hair for a week, then took out).

Attachments

• AugustNaturalPonytail-vi.jpg
    AugustNaturalPonytail-vi.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 278
  • August29CurlyPuff-vi.jpg
    August29CurlyPuff-vi.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 269
  • July30TwistOut-vi.jpg
    July30TwistOut-vi.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

hothair

Wow I've been here a long time I remember when you were transitioning! Looking forward to your pictures A

Allandra

Thanks for the breakdown. Your regimen sounds like a winner. I truly believe that less is more ... as evidenced by your phenomenal retention.

As for Aubrey Organics White Camellia: I'm gonna need you to get on that train stat. They have both a shampoo and conditioner, but I've only used the conditioner. It is simply one of the best moisturizing conditioners I've ever tried.

I urge you to give it a go. :yep:
TaraDyan

You're welcome.

Girl, you KNOW I'm gonna get some of that conditioner. I just wrote it on my list. :giggle: I'll let you know once I get it and try it out. Oh, and I'm blaming you (of course) for this upcoming hair product purchase. :yep: I was just rambling about how minimum my hair care product stash is :lol: Oh well. Just ONE more bottle of conditioner won't hurt.

TaraDyan

@TaraDyan

You're welcome.

Girl, you KNOW I'm gonna get some of that conditioner. I just wrote it on my list. :giggle: I'll let you know once I get it and try it out. Oh, and I'm blaming you (of course) for this upcoming hair product purchase. :yep: I was just rambling about how minimum my hair care product stash is :lol: Oh well. Just ONE more bottle of conditioner won't hurt.

@Allandra

:grin:

But it's OK though; this is just one more lil' bottle of conditioner in the Aubrey line. That won't hurt anything. :look:

Let me know how it works for you. I pretty much use the Trader Joe Nourish Spa and AO White Camellia conditioners exclusively these days, so I wanna hear your thoughts on it.

Nonie

Congrats Allandra! Gorgeous hair! Your stylist never ceases to amaze me in how she is able to NOT thwart your progress. (You know how I feel about stylists!) Just gorgeous hair. Love love love the simple regimen.

Arcadian

Its no secret how much I love your hair. Back at waist length already? Awesome! KISS hair regimens rock:yep:

-A

Garner

Allandra, time has just whisked away. It doesn't seem like it has been 4 years. Your hair is truly beautiful and you have done a commendable job as well as Reneice. :)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Your hair is so gorgeous. I am trying to simplify my PJ impulses. I am almost there.:nono::lol: Can you please share you flat ironing techniques? I'd be so happy if I can get my hair as strait as you do.

Allandra

Your hair is so gorgeous. I am trying to simplify my PJ impulses. I am almost there.:nono::lol: Can you please share you flat ironing techniques? I'd be so happy if I can get my hair as strait as you do.
DDTexlaxed

I haven't flat ironed my hair since October 2010 (stylist does for me). This is what I used to do, and it's what my stylist does now (very simple):

shampoo
deep condition
heat protectant
roller set OR blow dry
flat iron

Status
Not open for further replies.