Oh My! Miss California Risks (and possibly loses) the Crown for Her Beliefs

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I am touched to see a young woman willing to "go against the grain" even if it costs her. I didn't watch the entire pageant, but saw about the first hour and then the crowning. Today, I saw an internet video of her answering a question about gay marriage. She expressed her belief that marriage be between a man and a woman. Even as I was watching the clip and before she answered , I was trying to think of a "PC" answer in my head. But she stood bold in front of ALL those people, and I believe she'll be blessed for it.

found a vid link on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XMvviFbkf0

Ramya

Good! There's no PC way to answer that if that's what you really believe. She said what she meant and I'm glad. :yep:

divya

Actually, she didn't answer the question. And the truth is that individuals actually don't necessarily have the right to choose for themselves between marriage and so-called "same-sex marriage." However, I am glad that she was not afraid to express her personal beliefs about marriage.

Ramya

Actually, she didn't answer the question. And the truth is that individuals actually don't necessarily have the right to choose for themselves between marriage and so-called "same-sex marriage." However, I am glad that she was not afraid to express her personal beliefs about marriage.

She did answer the question. :ohwell: He asked her if she thought every state should follow Vermont and she said she's glad to have the privilege to choose and marriage should be between a man and a woman.... aka NO.

divya

She did answer the question. :ohwell: He asked her if she thought every state should follow Vermont and she said she's glad to have the privilege to choose and marriage should be between a man and a woman.... aka NO.

Guess not to me. It should have been a straight yes or no and the reason why.

ETA: Also, people don't get to choose to enter into marriage or a same-sex marriage...at least in most states. So that wasn't true.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I am touched to see a young woman willing to "go against the grain" even if it costs her. I didn't watch the entire pageant, but saw about the first hour and then the crowning. Today, I saw an internet video of her answering a question about gay marriage. She expressed her belief that marriage be between a man and a woman. Even as I was watching the clip and before she answered , I was trying to think of a "PC" answer in my head. But she stood bold in front of ALL those people, and I believe she'll be blessed for it.

found a vid link on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XMvviFbkf0

Good for Her! Thank you for sharing this Supergirl. :clapping:

You know, I'm just going to say it....

I've had just about enough of PC's (Punked Out Cowards).

If gays and gay supporters can boldly proclaim and take their stand for what they believe, what's the problem with True Christians?

What are folks afraid of? There is absolutely nothing that the world can give me nor take away from me that God Himself can not give me. Who are they to be afraid of that we cannot speak up and tell the truth about what marriage truly is?

I am so tired of Christians being bullied into submission or sealed lips of 'crazy glue' from making the truth be established for what it is.

I don't give a fig nor flying fig who, what, where, how, likes or doesn't like it. I didn't get saved, stay saved, read and learn and abide in God's word, learn to walk in God's word; stand upon God's word, be used of God to lay hands on the sick and see them healed, trust God in tithing and offerings, praise God in all seasons of my life, good or challenging, and have Him save and bless and give me life, JUST to cower in fear because a gay person thinks they have the right get married.

I don't think so! :nono: So after all I've become in Christ Jesus and still growing into more, is now expected to become null and void, because of some mess like this?

No!

Were it not for Jesus, gays wouldn't have a leg to stand on, let alone a cross to come to and be set free and forgiven of their sins, the same as I have.

I'm not shuttin' up for nobody!

To the Crowned Beauty who stood as Queen Esther, "If I perish I perish...If I lose the world's crown, so be it."

Good for You!

And shame on those who PC'd out! Shame on them.

There is no compromise with this! Absolutely none!

Last edited:

mellowmel

I am glad she said what she did. Most people are so scared to be politically incorrect that they cower like Shimmie said. I won't! Gay marriage is wrong! Gay unions are wrong! Being homosexual is wrong and a sin period! She said that her answer lost her the crown. That's good. Now people can see that when you do what's right and don't tolerate/welcome sin people will scold you and be against you.

inthepink

What's interesting is that the clap for her response when she said was she believed in was louder than the applause for the question as it was read by Perez.

Did anyone notice Perez's facial expression? What did he expect? That just because he was asking the question that someone was going to express HIS veiw point and not their own?

divya

What's interesting is that the clap for her response when she said was she believed in was louder than the applause for the question as it was read by Perez.

Did anyone notice Perez's facial expression? What did he expect? That just because he was asking the question that someone was going to express HIS veiw point and not their own?

That had me cracking up! :lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member

He was stupid to ask the question in the first place. Does he or anyone else really think that this world revolves around homosexuality?

News Flash! Press Release! Reality Check!

It Doesn't and it Never Will!

He showed a lot of non 'class' with his video response. He showed what an immature, unprofessional, illiterate ingrate he is. If he were any type of a 'man' he would have simply respected her opinion and left it at that. Just because folks don't agree with gay marriage, doesn't give him the right to act like fool, unless he is one. Regarding his reactions to her response, he's a fool!

And Certifiably so.

And I'm not saying this about all gays in general. :nono: It's about Perez and his immaturity. He made a public mess of himself.

I have gay male friends who have class far above what he showed. They know they have a controversial lifestyle, but they move on and live their lives without acting like fools; they're not forcing me nor anyone else to accept their lifesyle. I respect them all the more. :yep:

Last edited:

inthepink

Where is the link of Perez's response? (Nevermind)

Wow - I can't believe him. How disrespectful. I would sure like to know why she is stupid in expressing her belief?

I'm so sick of everyone thinking that everyone agrees with gay marriage. Just because everyone doesn't speak up about it doesn't mean they agree with it. How can he just assume that?

And for him to say she was booed? I think he was totally wrong. Sounded like applause to me.

I have lost all respect for him (not that I'm sure I had any in the first place).

Shimmie

Staff member
I am glad she said what she did. Most people are so scared to be politically incorrect that they cower like Shimmie said. I won't! Gay marriage is wrong! Gay unions are wrong! Being homosexual is wrong and a sin period!

She said that her answer lost her the crown.

That's good. Now people can see that when you do what's right and don't tolerate/welcome sin people will scold you and be against you.
@ the bolded. If this is true, this shows the weak mentality that folks have succombed to; I'm soeaking fo the ones who penalized her for it. And that's true homophobia....folks who are 'afraid' to speak against it for fear of losing the world's acceptance.

I can see more and more 'homophobics' who are actually those who cower in fear of losing a position or future worldly crowns unless they speak in favor of homosexuality.

I wish I had been on stage..... Hmmmp!!!! :rolleyes: I would have loved every single minute of turning Perez's face beet red. :yep::yep::yep:

Last edited:

Precious_1

I'm glad she expressed her belief. I'm equally glad she lost and is unable to represent the USA.

Im glad she expressed her belief as well. Its ok that she will not represent the USA, she obviously represents someone far greater than the USA:yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
I'm glad she expressed her belief. I'm equally glad she lost and is unable to represent the USA.
She does indeed represent the USA and she does it royally! :cup:

It's not a gay crown she wears, but a crown of Righteousness and Royality that this world can never measure up to. She took a stand for something that 'cowards' have veered away from. She did it with style, with respect and most of all with boldness. She didn't compromise just to win a prize that has far less value than what God has for her that no one in this world can match.

I never watch pagent shows, I don't like them. But had I seen this show, it would have been well worth it. The clip says it all. Just like the three Hebrew children in Daniel chapter 3, she didn't bow, she didn't burn. 'They put her at the entry of the lions den, yet she still didn't give in.

They knew from her profile what her beliefs were, I have no doubt. She didn't back down. And neither did she lose her crown. God has one far better for her.

Good for her!

Renewed1

I'm glad she expressed her opinion. I think homosexuals would be surprise how majority of Americans really DON'T agree with gay marriage.

Shimmie

Staff member
Im glad she expressed her belief as well. Its ok that she will not represent the USA,

she obviously represents someone far greater than the USA:yep:
:yep: Far, far greater. Unto whom every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess, that Jesus is Lord above all of the USA's mess.

What she did makes a statement to the entire world, that there are far more important crowns to wear upon one's head.

And the way these pagent's have gone to pot ... literrally in these last few years. Please! The one who couldn't stop getting high and stupid Donald Trump bailed her out. Another one was hookin' or something to the effect thereof. I don't call her losing much of anything, since they allow any and every thing to wear the crown in the first place. They surely don't represent me. :nono:

I'm not saying this to hurt anyone who's gay. :nono: That's not my heart nor intention. :nono:

mzcris

i am so proud of her!! stand up for what you believe...speak up!

thanks for sharing this...i did not watch it on tv so i had no idea this happened.

mellowmel

Ok just watched another clip and she is reported to now say she still stands behind her statement but is now mentioning how her sister supports gay and lesbian rights.

Why, oh, why did she feel the need to cower or give some sort of escape route. You said it, you believe it, stick with it. There is no reason for us to start to cower after making our statements. Jesus didn't cower. He knew Judas would betray him and what would happen and he didn't try to have a escape route. He knew what was bound to come. People will persecute you for your truths. Don't try to recant and justify what you know is true and right!

cutiebe2

I'm all for standing up for your beliefs but do it right. The answer was just not that great. She stuttered and said "In my country, I my family" huh? I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she was nervous. But a clear answer would have been "No, I do not believe all states should follow suite because of XYZ..." That's why she did not win, not just because people may not believe what she does, but because she did not prove her communication skills...

cutiebe2

Ok just watched another clip and she is reported to now say she still stands behind her statement but is now mentioning how her sister supports gay and lesbian rights.

Why, oh, why did she feel the need to cower or give some sort of escape route. You said it, you believe it, stick with it. There is no reason for us to start to cower after making our statements. Jesus didn't cower. He knew Judas would betray him and what would happen and he didn't try to have a escape route. He knew what was bound to come. People will persecute you for your truths. Don't try to recant and justify what you know is true and right!
I saw this too. Again, just the way she speaks is confusing. So now her sister supports gay rights, but she was raised differently? Or maybe she is talking about supporting rights outside of marriage? I just need her to be firm and clear...

Shimmie

Staff member

That's right! The world is not her God!

When Jesus stood before Pilate, He spoke not a word to defend neither to recant Himself. Even when Pilate threatened Him with "Don't you know that I have the power to command life or death over you.

Jesus looked at him, full and square in the eye and said, "NO Man, taketh my life, least I lay it down. And if I do lay it down, I have the power to take it back up, as my Father in Heaven hath commanded me to."

Jesus! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Lemme tell the devil sumpin' ... NO MAN taketh my life, least I lay it down. I'm not recanting ANYTHING.... NOT A BREATH Neither a Word, nor Syllable! For if I do, if I finna lay down my life, I have the power of the Holy Ghost, the Greater One who lives in me, to take it back up, because my Father in Heaven has also commanded me to do so.

Fear NO Man! God made it plain. God told Jeremiah, "Do not be afraid of their faces; say what I told you to say and don't you dare back peddle and be afraid. For I the Lord God am with you; I will sustain you, I will protect you, I will comfort you and I will never leave you nor forsake you. No, not ever!

See, gay folks don't know God. They don't know that they can be delivered. They don't know the real power that God has bestowed upon those who truly love Him and trust and follow Him.

To follow the flow of the crowd will get you drowned in the muck and mire of endless confusion and destruction. But to follow Jesus, will lead you into the paths of Righteousness for His name's sake. Jesus will back you up all the way. He will be your rear guard; He will be your advocate and your wise counsel.

This woman has no reason to fear neither to recant. Her sister is a fool! She does not have to follow her sister neither lean on her house of sinking sand.

I've had it with cop outs. I've had it!

mellowmel

Shimmie everytime I read your posts I feel the Spirit moving. You have a gift with words and you know the Bible. You are truly a blessing indeed!!!

prettyFine

she is a heroin. so many just move along with the tidal waves and agree with mainstream. that's dangerous. believe me when i say her reward is much better than a miss america crown. she will surely get a grand blessing for that one. and for the record although i love all i myself do not agree with that lifestyle either.

Shimmie

Staff member
I saw this too. Again, just the way she speaks is confusing. So now her sister supports gay rights, but she was raised differently? Or maybe she is talking about supporting rights outside of marriage? I just need her to be firm and clear...

She's feeling alone ... but she's not. I'm praying for her. :pray:

It's okay, sister. They can't hurt you. :nono:

God has proclaimed: "Who is he who will harm you, for choosing to seek after righteousness!" (1 Peter 3).

No one! Neither straight or gay!

PaperClip

she is a heroin. so many just move along with the tidal waves and agree with mainstream. that's dangerous. believe me when i say her reward is much better than a miss america crown. she will surely get a grand blessing for that one. and for the record although i love all i myself do not agree with that lifestyle either.

Hey, prettyFine!:grin:

I gotta admit that your post mentioning "heroin" made me chuckle... I know you mean she's a heroine, not a drug addict! (Hope you see me being lighthearted/silly here)....

This scripture is so fitting here, I believe....

Mark 8:35-37
35For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

36For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? 37Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

And I agree with the poster who said that maybe she lost because someone performed better than her, not necessarily because of her statements in support of hetero marriages. But then again.... sigh....

Would we have the courage to do the same if we were on an international stage? Hmmmm....

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie everytime I read your posts I feel the Spirit moving. You have a gift with words and you know the Bible. You are truly a blessing indeed!!!
:kiss:

Iron sharpens Iron... and you and so many others here teach me and keep me with the Lord. I can't do it alone.

Tomorrow I celebrate another birthday and I carry each of you into my heart as I enter into a new year of love and life with Jesus.

To you and everyone... :kiss: :love3: with all of my heart. :giveheart: