OJON... WHO HAS TRIED IT?????

shortee

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any one has tried any OJON products, if so plese give a review, hair type and if you are relaxed or natural.

This is what the site said:

What is it: The best place to begin with Ojon. This four-piece set will get your hair into optimal condition, so you can then explore other ritual categories to discover the combination that best suits your desired results.

Who is it for: This nurturing ritual provides essential deep conditioning for all hair types, but is formulated specifically for hair that is damaged, dry, or chemically treated.

Why is it different: Each highly-concentrated formula captures the purity and potency of rare, wildcrafted Ojon oil, and is enhanced by a rich blend of all-natural, plant-based ingredients. The products quickly restore and deeply fortify hair, leaving it extraordinarily shiny, silky, and manageable.

How do I use it: Scoop 1/2 teaspoon of restorative treatment into your palm and warm by rubbing between hands until it becomes an oil. Distribute evenly from scalp to ends, repeating the process until hair is fully saturated. Treat your scalp to a one to two minute massage to stimulate the hair follicles and scalp while allowing oil to penetrate. Comb hair to ensure all strands are completely saturated and leave on for 20 minutes or more. Apply hydrating shampoo to wet hair and massage into scalp and hair before rinsing. Massage hydrating conditioner into scalp and hair, then rinse. Dispense one to two pumps of styling cream into your palm and rub hands together until microspheres dissolve. Apply evenly through damp hair to untangle, seal in moisture, protect, add definition, and create brilliant shine. Ojon recommends that you wait five days prior to and after your chemical service before using this hair treatment.

From Ojon.

Products in the kit:
  • 1.35 oz Restorative Hair Treatment
  • 2-oz Ultra Hydrating Shampoo
  • 2-oz Ultra Hydrating Conditioner
  • 2-oz Hydrating Styling Cream
  • This product may contain nuts
  • Made in Italy

JustKiya

I got a sample size of the Restorative Treatment from ULTA, and the hair didn't like it the one time I tried it - I was hoping that all the other good stuff would allow the hair to overlook the silicones in it - but no go. *pout* It felt like the worst of silicones and oils on my hair - crunchy, greasy, and dry, all at once.
And it smells sooooooo good, too (that is what broke me down, I'm weak for good smelling hair stuff).
If your hair is less picky than mine, though, and you use cones on the regular, I'd say go for it.... :yep:

Lucky's Mom

WASTE of Money IMO.....
Pricey Palm oil.... That costs 10 bucks at whole foods... and the Poo and conditioners are pretty much like any other.... Ick. :nono:

Of Course that is my opinion. I tried it 3 years ago. and It Sucked for me.

newflowers

I think ojon is one of the better conditioners that I've tried - admittedly second to Phyto, but very good. I used it for a year and still use the restorative treatment (wouldn't be without it) once a week - this is definitely worth the price, and a little goes a looong way. Ojon is an excellent moisturizing conditioner which left my hair (4b, relaxed) smooth and shiny.

If you're uncertain, try a kit or a sample size - in my opinion, however, this conditioner is defilitely worth using.

nnmiles

The restorative treatment breaks my hair off for some strange reason. Be attentive to your hair if you decide to use this stuff to determine whether its helping or hurting.

belleama

I tried the chocolate smelling line in the sampler pack. My hair hated every bit of it. I ended up using the shampoo as a body wash. The leave in as a body lotion and I forget what I did with the conditioner. I think I may have ended up using it for cowashes for like a week. The kit was only thirty dollars or something so it wasn't a complete hardship but I was not happy.

Thats the last time I let some white woman with thirsty looking hair convince me that something is "Sooo moisturising."

Glib Gurl

I bought a starter kit from PureBeauty a while back and it included the Restorative Hair Treatment, Ultra Hydrating Shampoo, Ultra Hydrating Conditioner, and the Revitalizing Mist. The only thing I really liked (and now use in my regimen) is the Revitalizing Mist. It's a really good, "light" leave-in conditioner. Sometimes when my hair needs just a touch of moisture, I'll spritz it with that. Everything else? Didn't do much for me. Because they're sample sized, I keep the shampoo and conditioner for travel purposes, but they're nothign special. A for the restorative hair treatment, all I can say is: HATED IT. First off, it smells like a cigar. Seriously. Also, it left my hair feeling greasy and unmanageable. I was very disappointed as everyone seems to rave about that stuff.

So yeah. That's my experience with Ojon. If I were you, I would see if you can find a sample/beginner kit for a cheaper price OR go on eBay or something to see if you can find it on the cheap. Definitely not worth what they charge for the regular price.

GL!

shortee

Thanks Ladies for the info. I just might stick with what i know and try the pantene PRO V relaxed & natural mask.

newflowers

Thanks New Flowers, i found the kit for $29.00 on qvc.com

No problem - Obviously I am in the minority here, but I really liked Ojon. The only reason i stopped using the shampoo and conditioner is because I placed a HUGE order at the Phyto Friends and Family sale. If I order any other hair products, DH might kill me.:lachen:I do still use the restorative treatment. I put it on my hair at night and then wash in the morning.

shortee

Thanks, i might still try it. I wil ask the SO to get me the restorative treatmen and if i dont like it i'm sure he wil use it. :grin:

No problem - Obviously I am in the minority here, but I really liked Ojon. The only reason i stopped using the shampoo and conditioner is because I placed a HUGE order at the Phyto Friends and Family sale. If I order any other hair products, DH might kill me.:lachen:I do still use the restorative treatment. I put it on my hair at night and then wash in the morning.

chebaby

the restoritive treatment is nice. the first time i used it i didnt like it but im on my second jar now lol.

the ultra nourishing shampoo and conditioner are soooooooooooo good. they both make my hair soft.

the revitalizing mist is a staple that i use almost weekly. during the summer i use it daily.

Healthb4Length

I'm head over heel in love with the ojon line. I really like everything. I got the Holiday special on QVC and I'm so happy that I did. The Restorative treatment keeps my hair soft, I lURVE the Revitalizing mist (ordered separately) so much so that I went ahead and ordered a larged size version. I just spray a little on my hair and it keeps it so soft and moist. I use that mist everyday. It's that good. I like the ultra hydrating conditioner it keeps my hair soft for days and detangles well. I haven't had the chance to try the shampoo yet. I also like the restorative treatment hairspray, although it contains alcohol it doesn't dry my hair out. I got the Tawaka shampoo and conditioners but I haven't used them yet either. Whenever they go on special on QVC I make sure to order some. I want to try some other stuff like the animated styling creme and the hydrating styling creme but I need to use up some other stuff first. As you can see, I really REALLY like OJON products.

shortee

R you relaxed or natural? What is your hait type? Thanks for the help.

I'm head over heel in love with the ojon line. I really like everything. I got the Holiday special on QVC and I'm so happy that I did. The Restorative treatment keeps my hair soft, I lURVE the Revitalizing mist (ordered separately) so much so that I went ahead and ordered a larged size version. I just spray a little on my hair and it keeps it so soft and moist. I use that mist everyday. It's that good. I like the ultra hydrating conditioner it keeps my hair soft for days and detangles well. I haven't had the chance to try the shampoo yet. I also like the restorative treatment hairspray, although it contains alcohol it doesn't dry my hair out. I got the Tawaka shampoo and conditioners but I haven't used them yet either. Whenever they go on special on QVC I make sure to order some. I want to try some other stuff like the animated styling creme and the hydrating styling creme but I need to use up some other stuff first. As you can see, I really REALLY like OJON products.

ShaniKeys

I have! I used the restorative treatment & the ultra hydrating conditioner. I liked both but I'm sure you can find other products that work just as good for less.

tenderheaded

I've used the restorative treatment since June. After shampooing, and partially drying, I apply to hair and scalp, then go under the dryer. The day after poo, I apply to hair only.

A little goes a long way - I'm halfway finished with my 2nd 3.8 oz jar. I have a 5 oz jar in the frig, so yes I like it. Everything is not for everybody, but maybe a sample wouldn't hurt. QVC has a 30 day money back guarantee - you can't go wrong with that:yep:

jtotheb

I just got this for Christmas. I'm in briads right now, but I will try it once I take my hair down. I'm excited!

Dymmeonds

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if any one has tried any OJON products, if so plese give a review, hair type and if you are relaxed or natural.

I have only tried the 0.85 fl. oz. sample OJON Revitalizing Mist (which surprisingly lasted a few months)...it was delicious as a detangler and/or a leave in conditioner on my relaxed hair! Haven't tried anything else in the line b/c I thought the Revitalizing Mist was too pricey at $65 for the full bottle...It wasn't THAT serious.