ok i broke down and got a relaxer...now the trouble starts

bellezanegra826

Ok so I washed my hair two days before I got my relaxer to get all of the mtg out. I put a lot of grease on my scalp because b/c my hair was actin a dang fool. Anyway when I got to the salon, she said that she didn't even need to base my scalp b/c I had so much grease on it...famous last words. The only part of my scalp that did not have grease on it was my edges. At first the perm did not burn, then after a while it started to itch, then came the burn. When she washed the perm out, the water burnt my scalp. She washed it a lot and then put this greasy conditioner on my scalp and let it sit. Now my edges hurt so I don't sleep on that side. I have my hair in a loose updo so as far as I know, the hair is still attached to my head. Do you think my hair is going to fall out or has this happened to other people? I put coconut oil on my edges but I don't know if this is going to have an effect. Does anyone have any advice or insight? On the flip side, my hair looks really cute and there are some small waves so as long as I dont lose my hair I don't regret getting the perm.

The fact that I could not lay my head down to sleep the day of getting a perm was enough to make me want to transition. Aloe vera gel is good for scalp burns.

Sorry that happened to you. I hope you and your hair heals well. Maybe next time, u won't have so much trouble.

I know how you feeling i have been burned before and I just kept oil on the damage spot. I don't know if this will help but it made my head feel better? Also, did you see any results from the MTG?

the mtg has been great! my hair grew two inches in two months as opposed to less than one. mtg has also cleared up my scalp itch and dandruff problems. i have heard that you are supposed to wait a week after washing out mtg to get a perm. i didn't do this, which may be part of the problem but with the exception of my edges, which were not based, the rest of my scalp, where i put most of the mtg, did not burn. i will continue to use mtg to reach my hair length goals. Did you guys experience any hair loss in the burnt areas?

Your story reminds me of a day I went to get a perm after washing may hair like 2 nights prior! With no basing of scalp, I ended up in tears in the salon, SCREAMING in pain. My hair did not fall out though. I had a very irritated scalp for days, and a few scabs, but no fallen hairs. I don't think your hair will fall out (knock on wood). you'll probably just end up being veeery careful next time.

This happened to me. I washed my hair like two days before my relaxer and it burned bad. I think you will be fine but next time don't wash you hair that close to your relaxer. Your scalp was irritated and it burned easily. You will be okay sweety! Keep putting the cocobutter on it!

(exhaling)... the burns, the burns... don't miss that crap at all!!!!!

I used to burn all of the time... shoot, so often that If I didn't burn, I thought the perm wasn't working, lol

I would apply vaseline to the scab.. about 2-3 days later, it would peel right off. (that was BEFORE the hair boards.)

I'm natural now, so I haven't tried this...but i've read using aloe vera gel (Not FOTE, but the 100% gel from the plant or purchased from a health food store) is nice & soothing to the scalp, helping the scalp to heal from the burn.

Sorry this happened to u... it'll be ok... I don't think ur hair is gonna fall out, lol.

Peachtree said:
(exhaling)... the burns, the burns... don't miss that crap at all!!!!!

I used to burn all of the time... shoot, so often that If I didn't burn, I thought the perm wasn't working, lol

I would apply vaseline to the scab.. about 2-3 days later, it would peel right off. (that was BEFORE the hair boards.)

I'm natural now, so I haven't tried this...but i've read using aloe vera gel (Not FOTE, but the 100% gel from the plant or purchased from a health food store) is nice & soothing to the scalp, helping the scalp to heal from the burn.

I totally agree with you. My last relaxer left me with a small bald spot.

Back