Ok, I tried to handle this myself...

Kindheart

My hair HATES glycerin .it makes it dry,frizzy and sticky .
Every single leave in product that has glycerin in it ,dries out my hair out.
Aloe vera is another one of those products that works straight away in terms of moisture but after an hour gives you crunchy hair.

Last edited:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Kindheart said:
My hair HATES glycerin .it makes it dry,frizzy and sticky .
Every single leave in product that has glycerin in it ,dries out my hair out.
Aloe vera is another one of those products that works straight away in terms of moisture but after an hour gives you crunchy hair.

My hair likes glycerin, but in small amounts. I think when I was trying to make a mix myself, it would be hit and miss. But glycerin makes my hair so soft.

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app

sckri23

Dark and lovely softening moisturizer

It quenched my hair's thirst and opened my hair to new daily lotions

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I think my hair likes shea butter. My hair sprayed with water followed by a whipped shea butter makes soft hair.

For some reason, my hair does not respond as well to Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream.

And this was after clarifying...so I thin I am going to try some consistent protein/moisture treatments until my hair starts to retain moisture again. If that doesn't work, I will contend that it is a porosity issue and try ACV rinses or porosity control treatments. However, if it is a porosity issue, the protein/moisture combo should fix it.

Last edited:

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Just wanted to come back and update this thread with the great leave in that has won my heart and my hair...

SHESCENTIT COCO CREME LEAVE IN--This stuff is the TRUTH! So I know I need to stock up on it. I need at least two on hand, lol. I seal in the gooey goodness with Qhemet AOHC. Perfect combo! So I think my staples are complete! Because now that I have found something that works, I am not straying from it!

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
DarkJoy said:
yay Arian for sticking to it and finding what works! Excellent job! :)

DarkJoy, I know! I'm so happy! I knew after my hair dried to a soft finish that it was the one. It's been a hard road, but the journey is done.

Sent from my 4G Thunderbolt using LHCF app