Ok ladies this is more than itching, almost like a prickling feeling???

swalker31

Hello e-sista's,
I need you'll help. I've been experiencing a prickling feeling in my scalp its more than an itching feeling. I don't know how to explain it. And it comes and goes. I thought it may be build up so I clarified (a week early mind you) and I still woke up to the itching and prickling.
Nothing much has changed with my product usage and regi, which is listed below. Does anyone have any ideas on this..its not unbearable but definitely uncomfortable. Oh I do you use a head massager like the one pic'd below, but don't know if it can cause this feeling in my scalp.

My regi and products
Pre-Poo 1x week w/ coconut concentrate & evoo
Shampoo w/ Nexxus Therappe
DC w/ Brendita's Phat Head Super Moisturizing Conditioner
Hot Oil
Roux Poroscity
Kinky Coily Knot Today Leave In

Ayurveda 2x Pre Poo w/Sesa Oil
Brahmi/Amla coconut concentrate and coconut milk mask
DC afterward
Grease scalp and seal with castor oil

Co-wash 5 -6 days a week w/V05 moisture milk

Irish Moss hair mask once week

Clarify every three or four weeks

Protein treatment every four weeks

aquajoyice

I had a similar issue recently and clarified but still felt the exact same prickly sensation. I wasn't sure if I was allergic to something but began to stop using certain products for a week just to see. What I realized was my brush, I was using this 100% boar bristle Goody brush. It was a hard brush and was scratching my scalp everytime I slicked down my edges. Note: my edges and nape was where I felt the prickly sensation. Since then I actually lost that brush and have been forced to use a much softer 100% boar and haven't felt anything since then. So if your using a scalp massager make sure it's not scratching your scalp too hard. How long have you used the massager?

swalker31

I had a similar issue recently and clarified but still felt the exact same prickly sensation. I wasn't sure if I was allergic to something but began to stop using certain products for a week just to see. What I realized was my brush, I was using this 100% boar bristle Goody brush. It was a hard brush and was scratching my scalp everytime I slicked down my edges. Note: my edges and nape was where I felt the prickly sensation. Since then I actually lost that brush and have been forced to use a much softer 100% boar and haven't felt anything since then. So if your using a scalp massager make sure it's not scratching your scalp too hard. How long have you used the massager?

Thanks aquajoyice,
Thanks that makes since, I've had it for maybe 3 or 4 weeks. And maybe this is the cause. I'll cut it out for a little bit and see if that helps. It will be a little hard becuase this things is the BOOOMMMMBBBBB!!!!!

aquajoyice

I know that's how I felt about my brush it was the only thing that would get my edges to lay down and it felt soo good on my scalp! But I recently got some Eco-Styler and it works so well I don't need to scratch up my scalp anymore LOL

*CherryPie*

I love that massager too!:grin:

Thanks aquajoyice,
Thanks that makes since, I've had it for maybe 3 or 4 weeks. And maybe this is the cause. I'll cut it out for a little bit and see if that helps. It will be a little hard becuase this things is the BOOOMMMMBBBBB!!!!!

swalker31

Ok so the massager may be the culprit (sp??). That sucks I guess I'm ween myself off. Pray for me ladies, I'm already experiencing withdrawals! LOL!!!