ok..who is finding that they trim their hair less w/baggie method?????

SherryLove

Ok. I know a few of the ladies here having been using the baggie method for a while... and of course, i was probably one of the last ones to jump on the baggie method bandwagon....lol... i began doing the baggie method in june of this year... i saturate the last three inches of my hair with castor oil and cover it with a plastic baggie....i keep it on/in for two weeks at a time until i wash my hair again. i am finding that my ends are always soft and strong.. i really do not see any splits........ /images/graemlins/bouncy.gif /images/graemlins/bouncy.gifare any of you ladies having the same results????do you find you have to trim less or not trim at all with the baggie method ????

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
i have just started using it but the moisture is amazing

[/ QUOTE ]

ok ms p..... i do not feel so bad. i am not the only latecomer...lol... keep us posted on your progress....

Faith

Sherry...I just started doing it 2 1/2 weeks ago (I know) and so far so good. No splits and no breakage on the ends anymore. My ends about 1/8" was breaking a little bit..now nothing....so far so good /images/graemlins/smile.gif

greenidlady1

Me!! I was able to go without a trim for my last touch up by laying off the heat and using the baggie method. I'm getting a trim and touch up today, but my last trim was May!
Take care,
G

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Sherry...you are so right. I started doing the baggie method in May and my ends are always soft and I haven't had to trim my ends yet. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
It's working for me too. My ends look great. I use olive oil or castor oil. I do it every night and when I wear my phony bun. I'm on the bun challenge so it will be interesting to see what my ends look like this time next year.

jellynote

I noticed that when I started doing the baggie back in May also that my ends are better now. I hardly where my hair down it's always in the baggie.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
Re: ok..who is finding that they trim their hair less w/baggie method?

<font color="purple">I've been bagging for a while and my ends are strong like steel. I don't think I need a trim for quite sometime. Right now I'm doing the Bun/Chignon Challenge, and will continue bagging my ends until next year. And like the prior post, I don't wear my hair down. It's basically ponytails that I'm sporting for now. </font>

Nanyanika

Yes since, i had my hair cut in march, i dilgently used this method and usually when i go for trims my hair doesn't thin as much, so my hairdresser takes a little off the ends to keep them neat, before i add my baggie after washing it, i apply some profectiv Roothealth or Breakfree and seal in moisture with Amla oil, olive oil sometimes i use others, i let it dry, then add more to a baggie and my ends don't break as much anymore, the Amla oil is great for keeping the hair strong.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
Sherry for those 2 weeks that you wear your baggie....how do you wear your hair? Do you put on a phony?

Tasha /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
Sherry for those 2 weeks that you wear your baggie....how do you wear your hair? Do you put on a phony?

Tasha /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Puddles and ElizaB.... I wear headwraps on a daily basis, so this allows me to keep my hair covered for such a long period of time...

adrienne0914

i've been doing the baggie trick since march 2001. since that time, i've been getting my hair trimmed only twice a year. i believe this is why i've been able to hang on to so much of it. i'm glad it's working for you as well, sherry! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bellydancer

yea that technique is the best! I gained most of my length in 6 months with that method. I need to start doing that again

B

ballet_bun

I tried to do this overnight oneday this past week, and the sounds of it while trying to sleep drives me nuts. I'd like to get some scarves to cover my bun during the day, so that I can do the Baggie Method more.

Nyambura

surfer girl

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple">I've been bagging for a while and my ends are strong like steel. I don't think I need a trim for quite sometime. Right now I'm doing the Bun/Chignon Challenge, and will continue bagging my ends until next year. And like the prior post, I don't wear my hair down. It's basically ponytails that I'm sporting for now. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!

Nyambura

surfer girl
[ QUOTE ]
I tried to do this overnight oneday this past week, and the sounds of it while trying to sleep drives me nuts. I'd like to get some scarves to cover my bun during the day, so that I can do the Baggie Method more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to Allandra and Adrienne, my ends are in good shape. Ballet Bun, I don't sleep w/plastic covering my bun b/c the noise drives me crazy too. I've found wearing the plastic cover during the day very effective.

Sherry Love ~ I rarely need a trim: last month was my first trim for the year, and that was for aesthetic purposes, not because my ends were split. I find that the extra step of vaseline during winter really helps. Babycurls' post is identical to what I do too. /images/graemlins/up.gif Still trying to catch up with you though, Sherry Love! /images/graemlins/cool.gif