Okay....My First Rollerset on Natural Hair (Pics inside)

TheQueenBeeMaya

wow, your rollerset came out amazing. i always thought that a natural rollerset wouldn't come out nice, but you've proved me wrong. your hair is beautiful !

AngelDoll

wow, your rollerset came out amazing. i always thought that a natural rollerset wouldn't come out nice, but you've proved me wrong. your hair is beautiful !

Thank you. Your hair looks great. I always thought the same thing too about rollersetting natural hair:ohwell:.

A big thanks go to the ladies here who dared to rollerset natural hair.
:thankyou:

Last edited:

Crissi

Your hair looks beautiful, i just have a question - do you have any pics of your natural hair before?!

TIA

Crissi, x

AngelDoll

Your hair looks beautiful, i just have a question - do you have any pics of your natural hair before?!

TIA

Crissi, x

I usually wear my hair in a bun and I don't have many pics of my hair natural or straight. I just take a few pics to show progress. Here is a pic of my natural hair I posted a while ago. As you can see, I have several different textures and I love it.http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=256691&page=31 (you have to scroll down a bit)

Last edited:

AngelDoll

Your hair looks great! What products did you use?

Thanks!!! I used all GVP Products, Lottabody setting lotion, and coconut oil.

Rollersetting Routine:

I did not use HairVeda Products this time. I used GVP products. I kept the same prepoo& shampoo routine:
(Pre-poo Oil Treatment: amla & shikakai oil the night before wash day), (Shampoo: I mixed together 2 boxes of amla powder and 1 box each of brahmi and shikakai powders in a plastic container and I use 2 tablespoons of this mixture to make my tea rinse), then I cowashed with GVP Moisturizing conditioner, deep conditioned with GVP Conditioning Balm, I also used this as my leave-in conditioner, I then sprayed hair with a very diluted mixture of Lottabody setting lotion, then applied GVP Smoothing Serum and a little coconut oil. Next I rolled my hair with 30 hard mesh rollers, I made each section small so that I could get the hair smooth and tight on the rollers. Then I sat under the dryer for about 1.5 hours to dry hair. After taking the rollers out, I finger combed my hair, then I did the silk wrap (see 1st pic on 2nd row) (I wrapped all of my hair around my head the best I could then wrapped hair with saran wrap and sat back under the dryer for 15 minutes). My hair was pretty straight, but the “straight/sleekness” did not last long, it started to get wavy; which I liked much better anyway. My had a lot of body and movement. To maintain the style, I just apply coconut oil to the edges and ends at night, bun it up, and wrap with satin scarf. For the last two days, I have been using shea butter to moisturize and my hair has been so soft and moist.

I really have not perfected my routine and I am just starting to experiment with different products to see what works best for my hair. I am going to try this routine a few more times and hopefully this will be all that I need.

Essensual

Dang! I'm hatin' right now....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Guuuurl, dat set is BANGIN'! :grin:

I have got to get a new hooded dryer AND figure out how to post my pics inside a thread w/o fotki, pikistrips and all the rest...:wallbash: But my sets don't even come CLOSE to this yet. I'm enjoying the practice though because it is so much healthier than the heat.:rolleyes:

*sucks teeth*

show off... j/k

AngelDoll

Wow! It looks amazing!

:yep: Looks beautiful

Wow, I am really impressed! It's very pretty!

Dang! I'm hatin' right now....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Guuuurl, dat set is BANGIN'! :grin:

I have got to get a new hooded dryer AND figure out how to post my pics inside a thread w/o fotki, pikistrips and all the rest...:wallbash: But my sets don't even come CLOSE to this yet. I'm enjoying the practice though because it is so much healthier than the heat.:rolleyes:

*sucks teeth*

show off... j/k

Thank you ladies so much. I owe it all to my LHCF sisters!!!

:circle: :grouphug3:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Oh wow .... I almost missed this thread. Your hair looks amazing!! Great job!