Oldie but Goodie...put this one in your notebooks girls!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I’m glad @Napp bumped this in July and @Flourishnikov liked my comment today.

I see some things I left behind, in my routine, to which I may want to return.

For example:
-using a scarf at night(stop breakage /fuzziness)
-vitamins( for hair and skin)
-baggy- ends WET ends with my spray bottle concoction, coating ends with Vaseline but incorporating Shea butter integrally in my process.

I was going to say I’m going back, but I’m not just going back. I’m tweaking and doing re-iterations to refine my process.

Last edited:

sunnieb

Because of this thread, I went back and looked at @Chicoro fotki. AND I sealed with Vaseline this morning (well off brand until I go to the store this week).

That's what my ends have been missing. I used to seal with Castor oil twice a day. I need to get back to sealing regularly. I also would moisturize and seal in sections.

Time for me to get serious again. I'm going for tailbone length!

Chicoro

Because of this thread, I went back and looked at @Chicoro fotki. AND I sealed with Vaseline this morning (well off brand until I go to the store this week).

That's what my ends have been missing. I used to seal with Castor oil twice a day. I need to get back to sealing regularly. I also would moisturize and seal in sections.

Time for me to get serious again. I'm going for tailbone length!
Girl, something must be in the air. I say that because so many folks are looking back at what used to work and going back. I am so glad you mentioned me in your post because I intended to finally do my hair today. It's 7 pm my time and I'm still messing around. Time for me to do what I said I was going to do for my hair. I got a ten (10) month plan for my hair. I am ready for some super long and beautiful, healthy length by summer 2023.

So good to hear from you @sunnieb ! I wish you luck, too!

sunnieb

Hey @Chicoro :wave:

I've followed you forever and so glad to see you're still here. My hair is doing much better, but I've been on the side of having almost MBL hair and I want it back plus some!

I really think getting to APL/BSL is achievable by me just doing the basics. But reading through my old routine, I'm like whoah! I was ON IT. I did what others consider "extra" everyday!

So that's my goal. Good thing I posted like a beast when I first joined LHCF. Makes it easy for me to go back and replicate what I did to obtain maximum retention.

Chicoro

Hey @Chicoro :wave:

I've followed you forever and so glad to see you're still here. My hair is doing much better, but I've been on the side of having almost MBL hair and I want it back plus some!

I really think getting to APL/BSL is achievable by me just doing the basics. But reading through my old routine, I'm like whoah! I was ON IT. I did what others consider "extra" everyday!

So that's my goal. Good thing I posted like a beast when I first joined LHCF. Makes it easy for me to go back and replicate what I did to obtain maximum retention.
Fabulous! I hope you post photos of your progress and process.

I also have detailed posts here as well as my old fotki I maintain. It’s time for me to go back to being ‘extra’ as well! See in the ‘Extra’ place with a whole bunch of hair!