One last big hurdle, then Emma can come home!

Christelyn

Sorry I've been late to update all of you on Emma's progress; I let me subscription lapse, and with all the going back and forth to the hospital it kept getting pushed back.

So....Emma's doing great! She has gained enough weight to be in an open crib and needs no more oxygen than the rest of us most of the time, which is 21 percent. NOW...the last MAJOR hurdle before Emma to come home is feeding. She must take her bottles and be able to suck, swallow and breathe with coordination. Right now, she has a great suck--she's eager but is not very coordinated, which cause her to stop breathing for a moment and go purple in the face! :perplexed

Now for babies in her position, this skill can take a day, a week, or a few weeks. Please pray that God gives Emma the skills she needs to really take off. As soon as she takes all her feeds by bottle or breast (I would also love to do this), then the long nightmare of the NICU has an end in sight.

Thanks for all your continued prayers...they have helped so much.

Love to all!

Being in the NICU is not easy. My son aspirated his meconium and was in there for 5 days. He also had a sucking issue. I am sure Emma will master it in no time and will be home. My prayers are with you. God Bless.

I'm so happy to hear this. You and Emma have been real troopers through all of this. Emma has surely lived up to her name, which means 'Strong.'

What a beautiful and brave little Princess.

We love you Princess Emma :kiss: Can't wait to see you in your first Christmas Dress, Red Velvet with White Lace, and Lacy socks to match. A real Princess, Doll Baby. And a very much loved, Baby Girl. :love3:

Dearest Christelyn; Thank you for allowing us to love Princess Emma.

We love you and your family too. :giveheart:

Sorry I've been late to update all of you on Emma's progress; I let me subscription lapse, and with all the going back and forth to the hospital it kept getting pushed back.

So....Emma's doing great! She has gained enough weight to be in an open crib and needs no more oxygen than the rest of us most of the time, which is 21 percent. NOW...the last MAJOR hurdle before Emma to come home is feeding. She must take her bottles and be able to suck, swallow and breathe with coordination. Right now, she has a great suck--she's eager but is not very coordinated, which cause her to stop breathing for a moment and go purple in the face! :perplexed

Now for babies in her position, this skill can take a day, a week, or a few weeks. Please pray that God gives Emma the skills she needs to really take off. As soon as she takes all her feeds by bottle or breast (I would also love to do this), then the long nightmare of the NICU has an end in sight.

Thanks for all your continued prayers...they have helped so much.

Love to all!

I am so happy to hear this news!! :woot: I am praying that Emma will be read and released soon to home to her wonderful family!! Who knows what call God has placed on your daughter's life. :yep: I can't wait to hear from you. When my grandson was born pre-maturely last year they said he wasn't going to be able to come home unless he passed certain milestones too. It was going to cost my daughter $800 a night to stay in the hospital. Her insurance was not going to pay. I called my mom, and his other grandmother on the phone and said "Uh-uh, this is not acceptable." :nono: We laid hands on him, annointed him and prayed. He passed his next round of tests and went home the next day. God is a healer!

Keeping her in prayer... Decree and thing and it will be established- She will live, grow and become a mighty woman of God with long life In Jesus' name.

God is so GREAT!!! Emma you can do it babygirl! May God continue to keep her pressing forward:)

Back