Update on Emma: She's Breathing without Help!

Christelyn

Hi all,

Emma is doing very well! She is now out of the incubator and is breathing without any oxygen assistance! The nurse are ABSOLUTELY amazed at how well she has done. We are now working on breast feeding and bottle feeding. I really, really want to breast feed her--I believe it is God's will; after all, he created breasts for such a purpose! So please continue to pray that she will get the hang of it (preemies often have trouble with latching on and getting sufficient nutrition from the breast). Right now, Emma latches on a sucks, but doesn't get much milk. It is sooo frustrating because it would be so easy to just say, "okay, just give her a bottle and let's get her out of here," but like I said, I believe it is God's will for me to breast feed this child. Please pray for ME, that I will have the patience and persistence to continue, as it has been somewhat discouraging.

Love to you all, and thanks for praying.

Hi all,

Emma is doing very well! She is now out of the incubator and is breathing without any oxygen assistance! The nurse are ABSOLUTELY amazed at how well she has done. We are now working on breast feeding and bottle feeding. I really, really want to breast feed her--I believe it is God's will; after all, he created breasts for such a purpose! So please continue to pray that she will get the hang of it (preemies often have trouble with latching on and getting sufficient nutrition from the breast). Right now, Emma latches on a sucks, but doesn't get much milk. It is sooo frustrating because it would be so easy to just say, "okay, just give her a bottle and let's get her out of here," but like I said, I believe it is God's will for me to breast feed this child. Please pray for ME, that I will have the patience and persistence to continue, as it has been somewhat discouraging.

Love to you all, and thanks for praying.

THANK YOU LORD JESUS ! ! ! :notworthy:

At a Girl, 'Princess Emma"

We love you :kiss: :hug2: :grouphug2:

You have lots of God-Mommies here who can't wait to see more pictures of you.

Praise God! Christelyn. This is such good news!

Princess Emma has lived up to her name. Emma means 'Strong' and strong she is. She's a 'fighter' and she will be a headliner for Jesus.

Thank you, Lord for all of your loving faithfulness which you have never failed to give. Thank Dear Lord for Princess Emma, our LHCF God-Baby and a beautiful Baby of God (Gift from you) she is. In Jesus' Name, foreveer and ever, Amen and Amen. :Rose:

Dear Father in Jesus' Name, I thank you so much that Christelyn will be able to 'nurse' her babygirl, Emma. The more they try, the easier it will become. We thank you for the wonderful and natural 'antibodies' that you have designed just for Princess Emma, to keep her healthy, strong and nourished.

Father we thank you for your word in Genesis which clearly says that you give us blessings of the breast and of the womb. You have blessed Christelyn's womb with this beautiful life in the form of her babygirl, we thank you also for blessing her breasts to nurse her babygirl.

We praise you for allowing this wonderful experience of motherhood to flow as easily as the gentle flow of love which flows from Christelyn's heart for her little babygirl. And from the heart of you. Bless them with this wonderful gift of yours. In Jesus' name we thank you with all of our hearts... Amen and Amen.

Last edited:
:yep: Hey that's great news :yep:; she will continue to get stronger everyday and before you know it, you'll be BF her :grin::grin:. Your going to make my mascara run :nono: oh, well it's ok :yep:

Will continue to pray for Emma, you, and your family. God Bless

Come on baby emma, you can do it sweetie. God is good all the time. Im praying for you both. God is moving right in front of our eyes. You take care sis and keep us updated.

Christelyn :Rose:

Here's God's promise from His word:

Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the Breasts, and of the womb:

Genesis 49:25

aww Im so happy for you sister, thank God for all his mercies I feel so honoured to be a part of this little girls life in spirit. Please always keep us updated I will never be too busy to hear about you all.

Praise The Lord!!! This is wonderful news! Patience Is A Virture. Emma will do just fine, she'll eventually get the hang of it. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Be Blessed!

Praise God, for he is worthy to be praised! Thanks for the update on Emma... she's too adorable!

EMMA HAS BEEN ONE OF GODS MANY MIRACLES FROM BIRTH. AS FOR THE FEEDING I GAVE BIRTH TO A PREEMIE ALSO. I WAS NOT ABLE TO FULLY BREAST FEED UNTIL SHE WAS HOME FOR 2 MONTHS. I OFFERED HER THE BREAST FIRST AND THEN SUPPLEMENTED WITH FORMULA AFTER EVERY FEED. THE STRONGER SHE GOT THE BETTER SHE GOT AT TAKING THE BREAST. MY MOM TOLD ME DAILY WHEN I WAS DISCOURAGED - LOOK OUTSIDE AND POINT TO THE PEOPLE WHO WERE BREAST FED - YOU CAN'T TELL -THAT'S WHY GOD MADE FORMULA. YOU HAVE COME THIS FAR BY FAITH. ENJOY EMMA - THAT IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT

Back