ONE YEAR BC ANNIVERSARY!!! (ya'll know I got pics!)

Shananyganz

you are absolutely gorgeous. your skin is very nice.

great progress, how did you do that style in your siggy?

The siggy style is a twist out. I think I kept the twist in over night.

I twisted the hair that falls in my face going forward, for that express purpose. While it was still twisted, I slicked my edges on the side (while still in a twisted state. I usually do my twist on my edges a little far back offmy face to make slicking them easier) and then used my hair band (that's what I can it, it is really a silk string/thin belt from an old dress shirt) to tie my hair back as if I was doing a puff. The only difference is I left the twist out in fron and left a small section out in back for the ending frohawk result. So once tied, only my middle is "bound" in the hair band...hope that makes sense. I then tie down my edges with my silk scraf, which also ensures the front (and the back) has that extra hangtime I like. I then finsih getting ready and 10 minutes or so before I am out the door, I untwist...fluff to my likingand to cover the band...and minutes later I have my frohawk.

It may sound like a lot, but it is super easy and not much to it at the end of the day. HTH!!

~S~

Last edited:

Shananyganz

Great progress! Your frohawk is AWSOME :yep: Do you model? you have beautiful skin and features.

Thank you SO much for the beautiful compliments...I dabbled in modeling, but I was very much a tomboy and preferred sports over it. My skin...gotta give credit to my parents...all them..lol

kandake

Thanks for sharing. I love your hair and you're so pretty.

What halfie are you wearing in the June 2010 picture? Is that Outre Kristie?

Shananyganz

Thanks for sharing. I love your hair and you're so pretty.

What halfie are you wearing in the June 2010 picture? Is that Outre Kristie?

My BSS didn't have the Kristi :sad:.

This halfer is the Outre Barbara. It started out almost APL (I think)...but I chopped it up so that it resembled my install back in March and really because it was a little too much hair for me. HTH!

~S~

Shananyganz

gorgeous! i like the partial weave and am thinking about doing something like that. what hair did you use?

To be honest my stylist took me to a hair store where we are from and helped me pick it out. I want to say it is Virgin Indian hair...I bought it by the ounce and paid a pretty penny...so Virgin Indian sounds about right...LOL. I still have it for the next curly install.

The hair was super easy to maintain; makes me want to try a full straight weave with the Indian hair. HTH!

~S~

hopeful

You are very pretty! And your hair is lovely:yep:. Congrats on the growth and avoiding straightening as well. I love your protective styles.

Shananyganz

You are very pretty! And your hair is lovely:yep:. Congrats on the growth and avoiding straightening as well. I love your protective styles.

Thank you much!! I eventually want to straigthen (one day), but it hasn't been that big of a deal to me. Probably because I keep my hair in protective styles more often than not...also I haven't done much research on how to properly straigten...I'm just really into what I'm doing now.

~S~

Shananyganz

Thank you ladies for all of your beautiful remarks.. I learned SO much from the board in geneal, and from so many of you all. I am looking forward to the next year!!

~S~

Last edited: