One Year Natural/ Nappiversary!! *Pic Heavy*

hopeful

I have been trying to see these pics all day! They would not show up on my I-Phone. It was worth the wait my dear, your hair is fabulous, lush, and beautiful. Congrats on the great progress.

Nonie

Dayummm Woman! You need to have your one-year anniversary card revoked because that's way too much hair for a "one-year old" natural. That's like showing up on your first birthday with your wisdom teeth, a grill, and a faded mustache. The hell????

On a serious note, your hair is to die for! :love: You're obviously doing something right. :notworthy

jazii

congrats. I've always admired your hair from fotki & you are one gorgeous lady. I'm soooo jealous lol....

Soliel185

love your hair. Is this the natural color of your hair?

Thank You! :drunk: Yes, this is my natural color.

Loving the natural hair

Where did you get those earrings from, I need those in my life :look:

The tri color triangles and the double golden hoops are both by Cubannie Links. They're made of braided leather so they're really lightweight and comfy. Her site is www.cubannielinks.com

Love your big hair! Very pretty! Do you have any knotting or matting issues from wearing your hair "out" so frequently?

Thx! So far I have escaped the matting and tangling issues. I think part of has to do with the products I use - particularly castor oil. It keeps my hair very soft and moisturized while protecting my ends.

Congrats on the 1 year mark. Your hair is just beautiful. I'm praying that my hair will be just as full and gorgeous as yours at my 1 year nappiversay coming the end of this year.

Do you cut in layers or does your hair naturally grows that way?

Thank You! It's kind of a combination...My hair grows naturally in layers, like a bulls eye. So when I did my BC I just followed the pattern and defined the layers. So far it's continued growing out in the same shape.

I love your hair. So lush.

How do you maintain your hair inbetween washes?

Thx! After a wash I apply my leave in of choice, castor oil, and eco styler gel. This is the only time between washes that I apply gel. At night I push my hair back and tie a silk scarf over it. I sleep on a satin pillowcase.

Ea morning I spritz my hair with plain water (to dampen and break up the flattened areas) and follow with s-curl and/or stay soft fro. Sometimes I use my own mix with his very similar to stay soft fro in consistancy and performance. (aloe vera juice, glycerin, rosewater). When my hair has been dampened I shake it out over the tub and let it dry while I walk the dog in the am.

This goes on for 4-7 days and each day as the gel wears off and the glycerin takes over it gets bigger and bigger. :yep:

Looking gorge as usual Soleil! That first wng comparison really stands out! Do you fluff or does your hair naturally grow *out* ?

From wash to wash my hair gradually gets bigger each day. I don't stretch it, but I do shake it out and use my fingers to revive the flat areas in the morning. I think the growth is partially wear (hair starts to return to original state) and also the effects of glycerin which is a main ingredient in most of the products I use daily.

Dayummm Woman! You need to have your one-year anniversary card revoked because that's way too much hair for a "one-year old" natural. That's like showing up on your first birthday with your wisdom teeth, a grill, and a faded mustache. The hell????

On a serious note, your hair is to die for! :love: You're obviously doing something right. :notworthy

OMG! I am dyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying right now! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thanks, Nonie!