Oral Sex in the Christian Marriage?!?!?!

StrawberryQueen

Shimmie said:
There is no 'specific' scripture that says verbatim 'abstain from anal sex'; at least none that I am personally aware of, in the Bible.

I neither condone nor condemn it between a husband and wife. Only from my personal choice I would choose to abstain from anal intercourse due to the diseases associated with it. Ecoli (a bacteria which it known to come from fecal matter) is nothing to play with. It will cause serious bladder infections (hence we are taught to wipe ourselves from front to back).

Also, the anal area is very delicate and a painful experience for many women (and even men who have been abused). The tissues in the anal area are very delicate and prone to infections and other injuries from internal malipulation (constant penetration).

Here's a website shared by our member Saida in a post above...

http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/sexinfo/?article=faq&refid=125

However, I cannot and will not judge a husband and wife who have found pleasure in this. The marriage bed is undefiled...man and woman married as husband and wife. A woman's body belongs to her husband and his body belongs to his wife and they are not to withhold themselves from one another.

What they agree to do together as one is their business. This is between the two of them sharing an intimate moment with each other which should be between them only and with God. BTW: The only Holy Threesome is the husband, wife and God as their Divine, and Pure Keeper in their marriage. ;)

My personal reasons for not having anal intercourse are just that, my personal reasons. ;)
Well said! I think whatever folks want to do in their beds is up to them.

Shoot, you're (in these situations) married for goodness sakes! You should be able to fly your freak flag and be proud!

kweenameena

StrawberryQueen said:

Shoot, you're (in these situations) married for goodness sakes! You should be able to fly your freak flag and be proud!

Okayyyyyyyyy?!!!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
StrawberryQueen said:

:lol: 'Freak Flag'... I love it... That's a good one Strawberry. :up:

kbragg

StrawberryQueen said:

:look:

Shimmie

Staff member
StrawberryQueen said:
But if the marriage bed is undefiled, how can you say this? This statement seems slightly contrdictory to what's in the Bible. Couldn't you say the same thing about a man who touches his wife's breasts? He shouldn't touch them because they aren't the vagina and aren't made for pleasure. The breasts, just like the behind can give pleasure CONTRDICTORY to what their natural fucntions are.
You know what Strawberry? The butt is a very 'touchy' area. In more ways than one...:rolleyes: :lol: Well, it is.

We work this area in the gym to make our glutes tight and firm and attractive. And our husbands love to touch our pretty bottoms.

But when it comes to going 'inside', that's a whole 'nuther' thread to put through the eye of a needle. It's too controversial and not for religious reasons, alone, but just for what is up there makes one shutter...not many want to try that type of peanut butter. Hey, I'm being 'real'.

Hence, the reasons for both religious and non-religious, married or unmarried reasons that anal intercourse is taboo for many, many couples.

That being said, you will encounter many, many expressions from many, many persons for abstaining from such.

Now, in comparison to touching and enjoying his wife's breasts, the Bible DOES specifically say that a husband shall be satified at his wife's breasts at all times. :yep: :yep: :yep: And in the book of the Song of Solomon, you will see how Solomon made mention of the beauty of his Bride's breasts. So the breasts are 'legal' for a man to enjoy :lol:

And yes, the marriage bed is undefiled between a man and woman as husband and wife. There are couples, Christian, Other faiths, and those not of any faith who do find pleasure in anal intercourse, and I leave it alone due the the scripture that says, the marriage bed is undefiled. I do not wish to do it ... I shared my reasons in two other posts, but I can't condemn other married couples who do.

In marriage it appears that what two consulting adults agree to enjoy with each other as man and wife (and it does not include a threesome or whatever), but as husband and wife alone, is between them and God.

I know it's confusing, but I hope this helps with Nice and Wavy's post with whom I understand and agree. ;). And I also understand you too. ;).

(((( hugs ))))

Last edited:

StrawberryQueen

Shimmie said:
You know what Strawberry? The butt is a very 'touchy' area. In more ways than one...:rolleyes: :lol: Well, it is.

We work this area in the gym to make our glutes tight and firm and attractive. And our husbands love to touch our pretty bottoms.

But when it comes to going 'inside', that's a whole 'nuther' thread to put through the eye of a needle. It's too controversial and not for religious reasons, alone, but just for what is up there makes one shutter...not many want to try that type of peanut butter. Hey, I'm being 'real'.

Hence, the reasons for both religious and non-religious, married or unmarried reasons that anal intercourse is taboo for many, many couples.

That being said, you will encounter many, many expressions from many, many persons for abstaining from such.

Now, in comparison to touching and enjoying his wife's breasts, the Bible DOES specifically say that a husband shall be satified at his wife's breasts at all times. :yep: :yep: :yep: And in the book of the Song of Solomon, you will see how Solomon made mention of the beauty of his Bride's breasts. So the breasts are 'legal' for a man to enjoy :lol:

And yes, the marriage bed is undefiled between a man and woman as husband and wife. There are couples, Christian, Other faiths, and those not of any faith who do find pleasure in anal intercourse, and I leave it alone due the the scripture that says, the marriage bed is undefiled. I do not wish to do it ... I shared my reasons in two other posts, but I can't condemn other married couples who do.

In marriage it appears that what two consulting adults agree to enjoy with each other as man and wife (and it does not include a threesome or whatever), but as husband and wife alone, is between them and God.

I know it's confusing, but I hope this helps with Nice and Wavy's post with whom I understand and agree. ;). And I also understand you too. ;).

(((( hugs ))))
No not confusing at all, I appreciated the clarification.

Kbragg- :lachen:

Nice & Wavy

Shimmie said:

(((( hugs ))))

Why thank you Shimmie for sharing this....I'm so glad you did. *kiss* , *hug*

la flaca

Shimmie said:
Awww, that's what sisters do; we make each other 'cry' (happy tears) and then we hug, give God the praise and thennnnnn ................................. ...........................................we go Shopping! :lol:

I'll drive, you relax and let's head here www.coldwatercreek.com. Great sale on shoes. ;)

More hugs....

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Shimmie

Staff member
Nice & Wavy said:
Why thank you Shimmie for sharing this....I'm so glad you did. *kiss* , *hug*
That's cause I knew what you meant in your post regarding this 'touchy' subject. :lol: The butt is very touchy...very touchy indeed. :scratchch: :lol:

It's not easy being 'Green"... (Kermit the Frog's song).

It's not easy defining the word of life (green means life); for there is always a 'butt' ... to clear up.

Blessings angel...;).

Zeal

Shimmie said:

(((( hugs ))))

This is why I love Shimmie.

I don't want no peanut butter, Shimmie. I don't know who my husband is yet. But should this be discussed before marriage? That'a a whole 'nother thread right?

deola

My my my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this forum:clapping: !!!!!!!

I T A with everything that has been said, you ladies are so real!

Shimmie can I be your bestseller agent :notworthy cos you are on the way gurl!!!!!!!!!:kiss:

All the ladies that have posted something on this thread- to you I duff my hats and do a dance for cos I see that y'all wonderful, have good hearts and are/will be committed to your marriage to keep it going strong. God bless y'all and fill y'all with more wisdom and strength to spend your days in pleasure and years in prosperity with your sweethearts in Jesus' name. Amen:kiss:
((Hugs and a teary eye)):)

Shimmie

Staff member
My my my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this forum:clapping: !!!!!!!

I T A with everything that has been said, you ladies are so real!

Shimmie can I be your bestseller agent :notworthy cos you are on the way gurl!!!!!!!!!:kiss:

All the ladies that have posted something on this thread- to you I duff my hats and do a dance for cos I see that y'all wonderful, have good hearts and are/will be committed to your marriage to keep it going strong. God bless y'all and fill y'all with more wisdom and strength to spend your days in pleasure and years in prosperity with your sweethearts in Jesus' name. Amen:kiss:
((Hugs and a teary eye)):)

I gotta' go back and read what I posted... :look: :look:

Choclatcotton

I was advised by an older lady before i got married to be free ahem visually with Dh and to not just wear gramma gowns to bed. This elder lady said her marriage dissolved because of her tainted mindset received from her mother that sex in marriage was dirty and caused her to keep her clothes on at all times and not display herself. Her whole posture toward her husband was reserved. She told me she always wore flannel gowns and out of modesty kept herself covered. Her husband got sick of it and left her for another woman. Not to justify his behavior, but she wishes she would have done things differently.

LifeafterLHCF

Im not married but if I ever do become married oh all this reserved nonsense is off..why in hell would God say keep sex sacred until you get married for you to only do missionary for 4 minutes annually..that's crazy and any and everything that included both me and a dh would go down..nightly..

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
"Sodomy," by definition, includes both anal and oral sex. There are still laws against sodomy in some US states. Prohibitions against sodomy in particular are in the KJV translation. Subsequent translations have changed the word away from sodomy to other things that address anal sex but not oral sex.

If the KJV translators were correct in the word they chose, then yes, both oral and anal sex are forbidden in Scripture. What I have not been able to find, however, is exactly why they chose that word and later translators did not.

The blogger at Latter Days does a lot of in depth studies, one of which is about temple prostitution in the OT involving vagina worship and cunnilungus. It seems the thought is that KJV translators were referring to this practice when they used the word sodomite. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Also, in Romans, Paul says that women exchanged the natural use for that which is against nature. Many believers take that only to mean that sexual relations between women are unnatural, but it's also possible to understand Paul as speaking about the sexual *acts* commited between women with women and men with men as being themselves shameful--oral and anal sex.

Also, "fornication" does not only.mean umarried sex, but rather any illicit sexual behavior. "The marriage bed is undefiled...but fornicators and adulterers God will judge." The ESV puts it this way: "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and.adulterous." I think because we tend to think of fornication only as pre-marital sex, then we think fornication cannot apply between married people. But because fornication applies to impure activities on the whole, married people could also commit this sin.

ETA:

(The Worship of Baal Peor & Oral Sex) http://thelatterdays.blogspot.com/2009/03/worship-of-baal-peor.html

(The Marriage Bed)
http://thelatterdays.blogspot.com/2011/08/flee-fornication.html#more

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

:amen::amen::amen:

I kept seeing this thread but I'm not married so I felt like I couldnt comment on the way I wanted to ..but YES YESS YES YES!!

I know your comment may go against the grain nicola.kirwan but you are right. Oral sex is unnatural and its considered as unclean . Read Leviticus and you will see how particular God was about the health and hygiene of the people. To put someone's gentials in your mouth, do we know how unclean that is.

Im so glad you brought out the un natural uses, thats so true, a woman's vagina and a man's penis was never intended for our mouths but for reproduction and sexual intercourse.

Now sodomy means both anal and ORAL copulation (intercourse)

I know this wont be popular, but its true. Thank you so much for this post!!

Ok im done...

"Sodomy," by definition, includes both anal and oral sex. There are still laws against sodomy in some US states. Prohibitions against sodomy in particular are in the KJV translation. Subsequent translations have changed the word away from sodomy to other things that address anal sex but not oral sex.

If the KJV translators were correct in the word they chose, then yes, both oral and anal sex are forbidden in Scripture. What I have not been able to find, however, is exactly why they chose that word and later translators did not.

The blogger at Latter Days does a lot of in depth studies, one of which is about temple prostitution in the OT involving vagina worship and cunnilungus. It seems the thought is that KJV translators were referring to this practice when they used the word sodomite. I'll post the link if I can find it.

Also, in Romans, Paul says that women exchanged the natural use for that which is against nature. Many believers take that only to mean that sexual relations between women are unnatural, but it's also possible to understand Paul as speaking about the sexual *acts* commited between women with women and men with men as being themselves shameful--oral and anal sex.

Also, "fornication" does not only.mean umarried sex, but rather any illicit sexual behavior. "The marriage bed is undefiled...but fornicators and adulterers God will judge." The ESV puts it this way: "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and.adulterous." I think because we tend to think of fornication only as pre-marital sex, then we think fornication cannot apply between married people. But because fornication applies to impure activities on the whole, married people could also commit this sin.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I'm married and I agree...

The argument that because sex is reserved for marriage, then anything goes doesn't bode well with me. The marriage bed is to be undefiled...meaning clean. A couple can enjoy as much clean, fun sex and enjoy each others' bodies...Proverbs and Songs of Solomon have great Scriptures about the joy of sex between a man and his wife. But we also have to remember our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and that includes sex... it's 'posed to be pure and clean. The conviction should come.

OK I'll shut up...
:lol:

:amen::amen::amen:

I kept seeing this thread but I'm not married so I felt like I couldnt comment on the way I wanted to ..but YES YESS YES YES!!

I know your comment may go against the grain nicola.kirwan but you are right. Oral sex is unnatural and its considered as unclean . Read Leviticus and you will see how particular God was about the health and hygiene of the people. To put someone's gentials in your mouth, do we know how unclean that is.

Im so glad you brought out the un natural uses, thats so true, a woman's vagina and a man's penis was never intended for our mouths but for reproduction and sexual intercourse.

Now sodomy means both anal and ORAL copulation (intercourse)

I know this wont be popular, but its true. Thank you so much for this post!!

Ok im done...

Iwanthealthyhair67

Laela

Many believe that the marriage bed un-defiles certain sexual acts....even though husbands and wives are gratified I beleive that sex (between a married woman and man) is also a form of worship unto God, we are still temples even in the bedroom...

I'm married and I agree...

The argument that because sex is reserved for marriage, then anything goes doesn't bode well with me. The marriage bed is to be undefiled...meaning clean. A couple can enjoy as much clean, fun sex and enjoy each others' bodies...Proverbs and Songs of Solomon have great Scriptures about the joy of sex between a man and his wife. But we also have to remember our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and that includes sex... it's 'posed to be pure and clean. The conviction should come.

OK I'll shut up... :lol:

SummerSolstice

My parents have had an amazing marriage filled with trials, forgiveness, and friendship. They always tell me that when I get married it is my time to shine LOL.
With that said, to this day they send me texts telling me to get lost for the evening (i still live with them), I have seen my mom's lingerie collection by accident, and i have walked in the house, heard al green blasting, and walked out :nono::lol:
That is what I want for myself. I know I will not be allowing anyone "back there" though. Scary territory :ohwell::lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
My parents have had an amazing marriage filled with trials, forgiveness, and friendship. They always tell me that when I get married it is my time to shine LOL.
With that said, to this day they send me texts telling me to get lost for the evening (i still live with them), I have seen my mom's lingerie collection by accident, and i have walked in the house, heard al green blasting, and walked out :nono::lol:
That is what I want for myself. I know I will not be allowing anyone "back there" though. Scary territory :ohwell::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: at 'Al Green'

Le' eh eh eh' et's Let's stay toge' terrrrr'. Teling you whether, time are good are bad, happy or sad, Come on and Le'eeee et's stay together....

OH ! :look: Opps. :giggle: Sorry. :blush3: This is the Christian forum. :hide:

Nice & Wavy

:lol::lol::lol: at 'Al Green'

Le' eh eh eh' et's Let's stay toge' terrrrr'. Teling you whether, time are good are bad, happy or sad, Come on and Le'eeee et's stay together....

OH ! :look: Opps. :giggle: Sorry. :blush3: This is the Christian forum. :hide:
:lol::lol::lol:

You forgot "whooo hooo, whooo hoo, yeah":lol:

calliope

You spend your single life abstaining from sex- it doesn't need to be "clean" once you're married:rolleyes:. This is what I was taught on sex in Christian marriage:

EVERYTHING is fine as long as:

*It's just the two of you- no one else (real or not) brought into it.

*You are on the same page on what you will or won't do.

*No one is being shamed, humiliated, or hurt.

Your marriage bed (or kitchen island, or dining table) is your intimate place to fully enjoy and make use of each other- it shouldn't be censored by anyone. You have the right to be a completely different person with your spouse that makes him shake his head and smile when he sees you acting like a proper lady in a crowd of people. We were not meant to have to eat vanilla icecream all the time and that's it. Now if that's what the two of you prefer, than fine, but sometimes some colorful sprinkles are nice too:yep:

These things need to be discussed in premarital counseling at length to make sure you're on the same page so people don't start feeling unfulfilled and acting out later on.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I agree ^^^^^

To the other ladies, Hmmmm how do you have clean, undefiled s3x, missionary? *in a christian marriage of course*

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Question for thought:

You go in to a Baskin Robbins ice cream shop with 32 flavors available. You're told that you can't have Strawberry or Rocky Road.

Do you conclude that you can only order vanilla?